ADVERTISEMENT

Hedging

Combination of talent and coaching. U can only do so much w the talent we have against the elite teams. However the offense never makes ghe defense work

The most overrated thing about our program this year has been "Holloway's signature defense." We're not a bad defensive team, but we're nowhere near great.
No doubt. Especially on the road where you need your defense. And it actually got better in conference compared to where it was.

We went 5-5 on the road in the BE and lost to the top-4 teams by 20+ in each game with all 5 losses by 20+. That’s not a coincidence. That is insane.

If we have enough NIL money, do we keep Dre and Kadary? The could use a year and would change the entire direction as well as increase their value.

The hedging on the defensive end is a top problem. Bediako struggling and EHE is not improving in that aspect. They both look confused. Mind boggling how many times they are out of position. So, the coach needs to refine his system.

And i do wish we stopped it when it gets taken so frequently.

The consistent hedging by our big men when defending the Pick and Roll is absolutely ridiculous. How many times do they need to get beat.
This is my pet peeve. We get burned on this almost every time. And Big J typically picks up at least 1 dumb foul a game doing this.

Not impressed with our fundamentals lately. Can't shoot the 3 or defend it. Too many careless turnovers. Not just this game, but throughout the year.

Let's hope we get decent zebras on Wednesday.

Most likely would lose anyway, but every time we started a come back , in the first half, we have a turn over and UCONN would convert for a score.
Can't have turn overs especially against good teams............ killers.

Most likely would lose anyway, but every time we started a come back , in the first half, we have a turn over and UCONN would convert for a score.
Can't have turn overs especially against good teams............ killers.
I'm convinced would have been a different game had we converted when up 4. Not saying they win but complexion changes if not just for the rest of half

Two BAD losses and this place starts the usual shots at the team and staff. We're 18-11, 11-7 in a Top 3 league. Shaheen is doing a great job, and while I got quite angry during the game, these players have done an excellent job this season.
So we aren’t allowed to post something that we see while watching the game. Okay i will go back to wearing the blue sunglasses.

just watched Kevins game 15-15 now, i like him but i wonder how much longer they will allow it at UMD

Was referencing people saying players should transfer our and move on. Same story when we lose a game.
I think it’s a knee jerk reaction to getting absolutely nothing from the bench. Unfortunately EHE and Sanders appear to be in over their heads at the moment. Currently they are players 7 and 8 in the rotation and you can’t rely on them right now on either side of the floor. The frustrating part is that they are not freshman, so you would have hoped that there would have been some development or acclimation to their present roles.

Going to be really challenging to win games the rest of the way if every night you are relying solely on the starting 5, and Bediako and Wusu aren’t even viable scoring options themselves.

This directly correlates to getting blown out by 20+. When the big 3 aren’t having a good night, we really struggle to score the basketball.

I think it’s a knee jerk reaction to getting absolutely nothing from the bench. Unfortunately EHE and Sanders appear to be in over their heads at the moment. Currently they are players 7 and 8 in the rotation and you can’t rely on them right now on either side of the floor. The frustrating part is that they are not freshman, so you would have hoped that there would have been some development or acclimation to their present roles.

Going to be really challenging to win games the rest of the way if every night you are relying solely on the starting 5, and Bediako and Wusu aren’t even viable scoring options themselves.

This directly correlates to getting blown out by 20+. When the big 3 aren’t having a good night, we really struggle to score the basketball.
That is it in a nutshell. No bench , only 3 Big East players on our starting 5 and NOBODY can hit the 3 consistently . It is quite amazing we even won 18 games with our horrible shooting % .

You analysis is always spot on and your podcast was amazing. Let’s talk about how we take our passion and drive funding.

• Love
Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
just watched Kevins game 15-15 now, i like him but i wonder how much longer they will allow it at UMD
Maryland thinks that Gary Willians is going to walk thru that door again. Ain’t going to happen and it’s delusional fan base has yet to realize that.

• Haha
Reactions: silkcitypirate
Remember that NIL money rules the roost and 99% of the time will dictate the quality of player you will get .
What about before NIL? Did we always have 5 quality Big East players? It’s an easy narrative to push, one that my money supports (which likely doesn’t even matter), but isn’t historically proven. It makes it convenient for us to come on here and beat the NIL drum but we are doing more with less and lots of teams less with more. Maybe we just got our asses handed to us. Were we pushing NIL when we BEAT UConn and Marquette a couple of months ago?

The lack of NIL money has caught up to the team.

Can you not see how physically and mentally tired the starters are? They were fresh when they beat Marquette and UConn at home at the beginning of conference play. That is no longer the case.

You can only squeeze so much blood out of a rock.

Got to hope they have enough to come up with one more big effort Wed. I just hope the student support is there.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
The lack of NIL money has caught up to the team.

Can you not see how physically and mentally tired the starters are? They were fresh when they beat Marquette and UConn at home at the beginning of conference play. That is no longer the case.

You can only squeeze so much blood out of a rock.

Got to hope they have enough to come up with one more big effort Wed. I just hope the student support is there.
Dan some people just don't get it and try to wish away how IMPORTANT NIL money is .

Reactions: radecicco
Dan some people just don't get it and try to wish away how IMPORTANT NIL money is .
I understand how important it is. We either adapt or die out. I just don’t like how we blame every loss on it. When we win, it’s never about NIL. When we lose, it’s all about NIL. Which one is it?

We must get a minimum 1.5 m to compete or this will be the last year we will be this competitive .
There’s no way you or anyone could possibly know what price point makes for a successful team. NIL is too new. The truth is, we have no idea what it takes to say competitive in this day and age. A starting point, as it has always been, is an elite head coach. It’s looking like we might have that. Mike Walsh has done an amazing job getting us little guys involved but it’s up to McBride to pull in the whales. This can’t be put on us. We can’t possibly do it ourselves. We do so much as fans as it is. Especially this board. We’re being made to feel like we’re hopeless and I will not buy into that mindset. I refuse.

There’s no way you or anyone could possibly know what price point makes for a successful team. NIL is too new. The truth is, we have no idea what it takes to say competitive in this day and age. A starting point, as it has always been, is an elite head coach. It’s looking like we might have that. Mike Walsh has done an amazing job getting us little guys involved but it’s up to McBride to pull in the whales. This can’t be put on us. We can’t possibly do it ourselves. We do so much as fans as it is. Especially this board. We’re being made to feel like we’re hopeless and I will not buy into that mindset. I refuse.
You're taking this subject out of context.

No one is blaming the fans. The admins in the past dropped the ball because they concentrated on the Practice Facility. Now, that's changed and their full focus is on NIL.

We here are asking for our readers to do their part knowing that will help make a difference. Every cent helps. Whatever you, I and all our readers here can do to supplement the work of Mike McBride will aid the cause.

My gut is when this match is complete we will be able to donate around $75K to the school. That's more money than many of our current players are getting.

Reactions: Hall Is Life
You're taking this subject out of context.

No one is blaming the fans. The admins in the past dropped the ball because they concentrated on the Practice Facility. Now, that's changed and their full focus is on NIL.

We here are asking for our readers to do their part knowing that will help make a difference. Every cent helps. Whatever you, I and all our readers here can do to supplement the work of Mike McBride will aid the cause.

My gut is when this match is complete we will be able to donate around $75K to the school. That's more money than many of our current players are getting.
I appreciate the transparency. Word has it that Tyrese Samuel left for $200k (truth or not, that’s what was reported here). Kadary isn’t even making $75k? That says more about Sha than anything else in my opinion.

I appreciate the transparency. Word has it that Tyrese Samuel left for $200k (truth or not, that’s what was reported here). Kadary isn’t even making $75k? That says more about Sha than anything else in my opinion.
Actually FWIW I was told $300K.

Regarding my comment...I was not including Richmond. I said many players.

Reactions: Hall Is Life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT