ADVERTISEMENT

If looks could kill

How is he doing?

With Rhoden's stock rising, would be nice to add another rising post player.

Tree trunks for legs! Love seeing a frontcourt player with some size and strength on him.

Tree trunks for legs! Love seeing a frontcourt player with some size and strength on him.
Doesn't jump high and isn't quick, but he runs the floor very fast and has a soft shooting touch.

With all that said he'll need time.

Could be a Eugene Teague type player, but he'll need to really work hard on his craft to reach that level.

I don't know what kind of shape he was in before that idiot wrote him a letter, but all of our players/recruits need to get a letter if it motivates them to get in that kind of shape. I kid of course, the letter was classless. I will be rooting as much as anyone for him to succeed here

I don't know what kind of shape he was in before that idiot wrote him a letter, but all of our players/recruits need to get a letter if it motivates them to get in that kind of shape. I kid of course, the letter was classless. I will be rooting as much as anyone for him to succeed here

Kind of off topic, is the trend heading towards short shorts or something? I notice that Cale and Walker wear them short, and I think Powell does now too. Mr. Brodie would like right at home in the Hamptons in the early 90s with those things.

Does Brodie even get into any games at Montverde? I can't find him in any Box scores.

A big east team at the top of the conference can't attract better talent? I know our staff likes finding diamonds in the rough but when was our last impact big man before Angel?

Getting big men is hard as hell but yes we have been underachieving in that area the last few recruiting cycles.

Next year we are looking at the below...team rebounding will be key!

C- Thompson, Gill and Brodie

PF- Nzei and Mamukalashvili

other than thompson, everyone else is a ?. Would be nice to see Taurean and Mamu play together, assuming Sandro develops

A big east team at the top of the conference can't attract better talent? I know our staff likes finding diamonds in the rough but when was our last impact big man before Angel?
Teauge was a pretty good player. Herb Pope. I actually think SHU has pretty consistently had a high quality big for most of the Willard era (not in the caliber of Angel but he is a once in a generation player for SHU)

Kind of off topic, is the trend heading towards short shorts or something? I notice that Cale and Walker wear them short, and I think Powell does now too. Mr. Brodie would like right at home in the Hamptons in the early 90s with those things.
I actually noticed the Stockton shorts on Walker and Cale too. I don’t know if they ran out of long ones or if it’s done intentionally.

I’m assuming the latter.

Does Brodie even get into any games at Montverde? I can't find him in any Box scores.

There are four teams at Montverde , Black, Gold , Regional and National and as SPK posted, he does not play on their top team which is coached by Kevin Boyle. Kevin’s son , Kevin ,Jr. coaches one of the other three teams but I don’t know if Brodie is on the team he coaches, SPK or some other poster may know.

There are four teams at Montverde , Black, Gold , Regional and National and as SPK posted, he does not play on their top team which is coached by Kevin Boyle. Kevin’s son , Kevin ,Jr. coaches one of the other three teams but I don’t know if Brodie is on the team he coaches, SPK or some other poster may know.
Yes, Brodie plays for Boyle, Jr. At the HoopHall Classic they beat the #1 Post-Grad school in the country on a Brodie putback with 1.2 seconds left. He plays with 3 other high D-1 frontcourt players so they seem to share playing time and shots on certain days. But he has had his moments....had 26 points and 15 rebounds in a game recently. In the limited footage I’ve seen he does look far more agile and active. Definitely think Montverde has been good for him.

Reactions: SHUMike
Teauge was a pretty good player. Herb Pope. I actually think SHU has pretty consistently had a high quality big for most of the Willard era (not in the caliber of Angel but he is a once in a generation player for SHU)

Oddly better than the PG spot which had been our strength for years. All the more odd given Holloway on the staff

Big men that can’t jump ... ughhhh lol. Hope he does well but I just want big guys that also jump too

Too bad Gene hit his head. He was looking very good and so were the Pirates. Injuries really hurt them in Willards first years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT