ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah doesn't start for the nets g league team?

Also his season stats (which I assume are for just the g league, but I didn't study them to be sure) show him shooting under 50% and with more turnovers than assists. Those numbers are what kept him out of the NBA rotation, and I assume the players who make it out of the g league do so after dominating there

IW has played through getting banged up. After the Net trip to Mexico it got a bit hazy. Don’t forget they are looking at other players from their G league to promote at some point They actually have had Doyle from the G league Nets suiting g up for Brooklyn. Not sure what he has added.

IW FG percentage on 2 pointers was actually pretty good. It was the 3 pointers that were dragging down the overall number down. I believe he may have hit 11 of last 22 three point shots. It looks like he was 6-9 in the last game. Free throw shooting over 85% and better. Turnovers were a tad over 4 per game. He’s improving on that.

I’ve said it over and over, to say IW was killing Brooklyn on the court compared to any other playerr on the roster is ridiculous. They all have their good and bad moments. They are way ahead of wins from last season and it’s not because IW is stranded in the G league. He may have helped them in some games they lost, maybe not. They would have had this bump up in wins either way in my opinion. They’ve improved by adding and more by getting rid of a bunch of players.

Don't count him out...talent and determination is there.

I will always root for IW and hope he plays 10+ years in NBA, but I always find comments like above funny. It is a "homer" comment, probably 95%+ of players competing at that level have talent and drive. You don't thinks fans of other players feel same way about their guys.

Maybe this was the original plan for Isaiah. Remember, when he was drafted in round 2, he was headed for the G League. Then the injuries happened and he was thrust into starting and got a lot of minutes. Sure it was an opportunity but was he really ready.

This year the Nets brought in a lot of big salaries at the point and wing. He wasn’t going to play much and he needs the ball in his hands. And Dinwiddie was knocking around for 3 years before he got his chance. We’re all rooting for Isaiah, just let it play out.

Reactions: halltheway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT