ADVERTISEMENT

Israel

How does it get solved?
It can't get solved. The last hope was in 2000 when Bill Clinton had Arafat and Barak at Camp David. If it was ever going to be done, it was at that time. While very close, in the end, Arafat didn't want it solved.

After Arafat said to Clinton that he was a great man, Clinton responded, "I'm not a great man, I'm a failure and you made me one,"

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Hall85 you know that is a cheap shot post and something extreme gop using today as a fundraising mechanism even a fnc person said those assets still in qatar currently

Not a cheap shot.
Obama send a plane full of cash in the dark of night to Iran.
Biden releasing more $$for Iran as part of a prisoner swap was insane.

Trump had a boot on Iran's throat when he was in office but Biden is there handing out cash like a doddering fool.

In February Secretary of State Blinken had bragged that not only had the Biden administration resumed massive aid to the PLA cancelled by Trump, but cumulatively had transferred $1 billion—even as Palestinian authorities bragged that they would continue to pay bounties to the families of “martyrs” (i.e., those killed while conducting terrorists attacks against Israel). And millions of American dollars also went into Gaza, run by Hamas—despite the Biden administration’s efforts to keep mostly quiet the resumption of such inexplicable support. In this regard, note the current shameful State-Department (“U.S. Office of Palestinian Affairs”) website news release that was posted after today’s attack. It ended with this quite embarrassing, morally equivalent admonition: “We urged all sides to refrain from violence and retaliatory attacks. Terror and violence solve nothing.” "All sides?" "Refrain from retaliatory attacks?” So Israel is the moral equivalent of terrorists executing civilians and brutalizing their corpses? And the IDF then is not supposed to retaliate against these killers?

And of course Iran as it exists today would not have been possible without the CIA.

Not sure about that. The CIA just caused a side trip that reverted back to where they were going anyway.

Same thing in Vietnam. We propped up a leader who didn't last.

When analyzing the Middle East you need to also think in centuries, not just decades.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. The CIA just caused a side trip that reverted back to where they were going anyway.

When analyzing the Middle East you need to think in centuries, not decades.
History is littered with these examples where “insert country” took advantage of a countries resources and oppressed their population to boot.

The tribal and religious factions with some countries add another level of complexity that adds that century aspect.

I would add the word radical to the religious aspect.

The Convivencia in Spain was 400 years of Jews, Muslims and Christians living in harmony.

In case of Spain, it was radical Christians that destroyed the peace.

The Convivencia in Spain was 400 years of Jews, Muslims and Christians living in harmony.

Excellent point.

I became aware of this when we traveled in Spain. We took the high speed train from Madrid to Seville. We stopped in Cordoba for a few hours to tour the city.

There's a robust Jewish quarter (as is also in Seville) and an incredible Mosque.

The massive Mosque was built over a Visigoth church. When the Christians decided to expel the Muslims they built a massive Cathedral in the middle of the massive Mosque.

The city also has one of the few remaining intact Roman bridges over river adjacent to the city.

Last edited:

When analyzing the Middle East you need to also think in centuries, not just decades.
Sure, you could do that, or you could draw a straight line from the overthrow of a democratically elected Prime Minister's government to a leader who ultimately became reviled and overthrown.

The whole point you're making to suggest that they were always going to end up where they are is grounded in what, exactly?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Us companies got 40 percent of iranian oil fields and britain and usa feared communism in the region no?
Oh, so that totally makes it okay, then.

For what it's worth, Mossadegh wasn't a communist and was never going to become one. He had the audacity of not being completely in thrall to western countries and their interests. To the US, that meant you were a commie and you had to go. Same thing would happen a year later in Guatemala.

Meanwhile, the Shah was a major factor in the major price hikes that crippled western economies in the 70s.

Gilad Erdan reported that Israeli Americans are among the hostages. Not sure if that means American citizens or Ex Pats.

If true, we are now in the fight.

Oh, so that totally makes it okay, then.

For what it's worth, Mossadegh wasn't a communist and was never going to become one. He had the audacity of not being completely in thrall to western countries and their interests. To the US, that meant you were a commie and you had to go. Same thing would happen a year later in Guatemala.

Meanwhile, the Shah was a major factor in the major price hikes that crippled western economies in the 70s.
Ok let's pivot...usa was warm to iraq in the early 80s when war with iran happened. If there was no impact to energy and the economy does the usa get involved in coalition forces to liberate kuwait and protect saudi arabia? They did and bin Laden was not a fan of saudi arabia allowing the west on the land. From that we know what happened.

Last edited:
We know Tilab sides with Islamic terrorists

Note how all these disgusting Squad members are calling for a ceasefire now that Israel is going to rain down hellfire. Hamas and its Iran warlord need to be eliminated. Unfortunately there will be tons of collateral damage.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
Note how all these disgusting Squad members are calling for a ceasefire now that Israel is going to rain down hellfire. Hamas and its Iran warlord need to be eliminated. Unfortunately there will be tons of collateral damage.
Remember the payback from the Munich Olympic massacre. Israel will get revenge. It may take time, but that’s a definite.

There is no negotiating with religious radicals.

Squad showing their true colors….despicable.

Biden thinks if you are nice to Iran they will be nice to you.A childlike understanding of the world

Reactions: SoCalBrett
The only true solution is regime change in Iran, the total destruction of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah and the Palestinian Authority sees what happens and gets scared shitless and stops funding terrorist. But, unfortunately, I see humongous damage to Hamas and Islamic Jihad, but I don't see regime change in Iran which would solve 75% of the problem. We really need a President like Haley, Scott or Pence who would actually be very committed.
This was a massive intelligence disaster by Israeli intelligence (Mossad and Shin Bet) and the CIA. This will not happen again.

The only true solution is regime change in Iran, the total destruction of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah and the Palestinian Authority sees what happens and gets scared shitless and stops funding terrorist. But, unfortunately, I see humongous damage to Hamas and Islamic Jihad, but I don't see regime change in Iran which would solve 75% of the problem. We really need a President like Haley, Scott or Pence who would actually be very committed.
This was a massive intelligence disaster by Israeli intelligence (Mossad and Shin Bet) and the CIA. This will not happen again.
Rand Paul and Tommy Tuberville, 2 GOP senators and operatives of Trump MAGA make the US look quite silly at this stage.

There was not peace in Spain. I don't think it was radical Christians in Spain, although by the time in the Spanish Inquisition, it turned into something radical. However, The Moors invaded Spain and killed many and took over a substantial part of the country. While it is true that the three major religions did share peacefully in a small region of southern Spain, wars were the norm throughout other parts of the country for centuries. In the end, these "radical" Christians expelled the people who invaded their land. I don't think that is a radical religious movement as more of expelling a foreign occupying force.

I also find it hard to to compare things that happened centuries ago with today. At that time, conquering other people to acquire land and wealth was normal in all civilizations. The Spaniards went to Mexico, Central and South America and defeated and conquered the dominate tribes of Aztecs and Incas who before they were conquered, conquered their neighboring tribes. . Other civilizations from the Ottoman Empire to the English, this was the norm in society at that time. We cannot look back with the lens of 2023 and see clearly what was happening in the 1400's.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
The only true solution is regime change in Iran, the total destruction of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah and the Palestinian Authority sees what happens and gets scared shitless and stops funding terrorist. But, unfortunately, I see humongous damage to Hamas and Islamic Jihad, but I don't see regime change in Iran which would solve 75% of the problem.
I agree with you that we have needed regime change in Iran since the 1979 Revolution. The odd thing is that there are so many of their people want to be with the West. Yet their government is the most instablizing influence in the region in supporting terrorist organizations. I think the US sees or wants that regime change must come from within Iran. However, I just don't see that happening. A war between Israel and Iran has been coming for 15 -20 years as the US has consistently tried to avoid this disaster. We are in a very dangerous period of time here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT