ADVERTISEMENT

J&J Vaccine Reaction

but state and local govts wont open up until we hit a certain vaccination rate. so they say.

Exactly. While they aren't directly "forcing" you, they essentially are telling you to take it or they won't remove all restrictions.

I got vax but agree with you

This should be a personal decision

I noticed that my Alexa kept playing adds in which doctors spoke about the need to get vaccinated; it was an add from the state of NJ.

After we avoided the run on the hospitals there is a fair argument that our government (particularly at state levels) has overreached

Murphy opens up amusement parks in summer and let’s anyone go to Costco, Walmart etc....but close local restaurants and schools ...too funny .... but they get away with it
why do you think hes against restaurants? seems to be a national thing too

I got vax but agree with you

This should be a personal decision

I noticed that my Alexa kept playing adds in which doctors spoke about the need to get vaccinated; it was an add from the state of NJ.

After we avoided the run on the hospitals there is a fair argument that our government (particularly at state levels) has overreached

Murphy opens up amusement parks in summer and let’s anyone go to Costco, Walmart etc....but close local restaurants and schools ...too funny .... but they get away with it

Agreed. I don't look negatively at anyone who takes the vaccine. If you feel you need it, go ahead and take it. It's the ultimate freedom, to decide what you put into your body and what level of risk you're comfortable with.

IMO, the ads are creepy and border on propaganda. When I see these ads and then hear people like Biden, Murphy, Fauci, Walensky, etc. say you still have to distance and wear a mask after getting the vaccine, it makes me less incentivized to take it. If you can't go back to normal after taking it, what's the point in taking it?

why do you think hes against restaurants? seems to be a national thing too
Tax revenue is nothing special. See houses of worship too.

Easy scapegoats for “community spread” or whatever phrase they’ve used

Reactions: shu09
Tax revenue is nothing special. See houses of worship too.

Easy scapegoats for “community spread” or whatever phrase they’ve used

I laughed when I heard Murphy last week say something about a bill that provides money to restaurants. Said it was necessary to support them. Here's how to support them: OPEN them with NO restrictions!

Anything to increase control and get more people/businesses tapped into the state gravy train.

Reactions: Hallsome
Agreed. I don't look negatively at anyone who takes the vaccine. If you feel you need it, go ahead and take it. It's the ultimate freedom, to decide what you put into your body and what level of risk you're comfortable with.

IMO, the ads are creepy and border on propaganda. When I see these ads and then hear people like Biden, Murphy, Fauci, Walensky, etc. say you still have to distance and wear a mask after getting the vaccine, it makes me less incentivized to take it. If you can't go back to normal after taking it, what's the point in taking it?
my guess is that they know human behavior. majority of people will think theyre safe if everyone else gets vaccinated. next thing you know nobody gets the vax.

humans are dumb, terrible, and selfish. a lot of these measures are extreme because they have to exaggerate to get even a mediocre result.

and yea it might be politicized but ive come to terms my life is controlled by the govt. i trust our modern medicine and if getting a vaccine means we can end it for all then so be it.

as for the cytokine storm and other worries, we are entering summer and most illnesses subside so hopefully a bridge never crossed until the next version is out.

my guess is that they know human behavior. majority of people will think theyre safe if everyone else gets vaccinated. next thing you know nobody gets the vax.

Just like people think the masks and cleaning surfaces makes them safe, even though the data shows that isn't the case as they make little to no difference. Need to fight against the "safety regime."

Sorry you feel like you're controlled by the government. That's the antithesis of America.

The government isn't forcing you directly, but it is tying reopenings and getting back to normal to people taking the vaccine.

Given the actual infection rate is 7-10x the reported number of positives, yes, 288M might have already had it. Shut downs were not worth it and were bad policy from the start. I have said this since March of last year.

Reopenings are tied to the spread of the virus. The vaccine stops the spread.
The faster the spread is reduced to a low enough level, the faster we get back to normal...

No, the number of infected is not remotely close to 288 million.
If it were, the spread would have stopped months ago and antigen tests would be returning positive results north of 80% of the time, but it has been closer to 10-15%

Just like people think the masks and cleaning surfaces makes them safe, even though the data shows that isn't the case as they make little to no difference. Need to fight against the "safety regime."

Sorry you feel like you're controlled by the government. That's the antithesis of America.
masks make them safer. thats a fact. it does help. theyre not completely useless. but the difference with a contagious disease is that those people are not going to cause it to get out of control. i think my wits end would be masks only indoor public spaces till the end of next winter. private spaces are free to do whatever in the summer, maybe a mandate for the winter indoors, and then nothing after that.

im all for educating the safety regime. if its regular citizens they need to stop antagonizing those that rightfully dont wear masks outside etc. if its the govt or some other ruling body they are partly being overly cautious for the reasons i stated above.

The faster the spread is reduced to a low enough level, the faster we get back to normal...

If it were, the spread would have stopped months ago and antigen tests would be returning positive results north of 80% of the time, but it has been closer to 10-15%

Why are reopenings tied to this? Once everyone who wants a vaccine has one, this all needs to end. The people that have the vaccine are protected and those who choose not to be assume the risk.

masks make them safer. thats a fact. it does help. theyre not completely useless. but the difference with a contagious disease is that those people are not going to cause it to get out of control. i think my wits end would be masks only indoor public spaces till the end of next winter. private spaces are free to do whatever in the summer, maybe a mandate for the winter indoors, and then nothing after that.

im all for educating the safety regime. if its regular citizens they need to stop antagonizing those that rightfully dont wear masks outside etc. if its the govt or some other ruling body they are partly being overly cautious for the reasons i stated above.

We have over a year's worth of real world data now. Mask mandates have shown to make no difference in the trajectory of case numbers. Compare states with mask mandates to those without. The graphs follow the same pattern with minuscule differences. In fact, states with mask mandates (such as NJ, PA, MI) are now seeing higher case numbers than those without (TX, MS, IA, etc.)

The masks make the dumbed down American sheeple "feel" safer because that's the marching order they got from the public health safety regime clowns such as Birx, Redfield and Fauci last year.

We have over a year's worth of real world data now. Mask mandates have shown to make no difference in the trajectory of case numbers. Compare states with mask mandates to those without. The graphs follow the same pattern with minuscule differences. In fact, states with mask mandates (such as NJ, PA, MI) are now seeing higher case numbers than those without (TX, MS, IA, etc.)

The masks make the dumbed down American sheeple "feel" safer because that's the marching order they got from the public health safety regime clowns such as Birx, Redfield and Fauci last year.
trajectory no. overall cases? yes. not going down this path again. its apples to oranges especially for the warmer states that you mentioned. and it no way addresses that it could be worse in pa,nj,mi without them.

bad logic.

the answer is somewhere in the middle. there is validity to the american approach and that validity has been used as a launchpad for agendas

trajectory no. overall cases? yes. not going down this path again. its apples to oranges especially for the warmer states that you mentioned. and it no way addresses that it could be worse in pa,nj,mi without them.

bad logic.

the answer is somewhere in the middle. there is validity to the american approach and that validity has been used as a launchpad for agendas

This person has graphed much of this for comparison. So many examples that show mask mandates make little to no difference. The data is crystal clear, yet educated people still refuse to admit they were wrong. I don't get it.

humans are dumb, terrible, and selfish. a lot of these measures are extreme because they have to exaggerate to get even a mediocre result.

and yea it might be politicized but ive come to terms my life is controlled by the govt. i trust our modern medicine and if getting a vaccine means we can end it for all then so be it.

as for the cytokine storm and other worries, we are entering summer and most illnesses subside so hopefully a bridge never crossed until the next version is out.
Most not bright but people should make their own choices

It might be politicized? Might?

Yes there is a level of government control but I guess you missed civics lessons when comparing what US is supposed to be at least compared to other countries

Reactions: dehere23 and shu09
. So many examples that show mask mandates make little to no difference.

Each state will have their own circumstances which are unique to that state. You can't take circumstances in Florida and apply their results to NJ. Assuming the same rules for each state, our results would be vastly different since NJ is the most densely populated state in the country.

Also, whether there is a mandate or not doesn't really matter if people are wearing a cloth mask under their nose..

Where there are actual scientific studies on this, they show that masks help.

Each state will have their own circumstances which are unique to that state. You can't take circumstances in Florida and apply their results to NJ. Assuming the same rules for each state, our results would be vastly different since NJ is the most densely populated state in the country.

Also, whether there is a mandate or not doesn't really matter if people are wearing a cloth mask under their nose..

Where there are actual scientific studies on this, they show that masks help.

This is such a nonsense post. Full of excuses and deflection.

Yeah, the actual studies will help. Just like those that said we need to clean every surface and not shake hands! BS.

It's not nonsense. NJ without a mandate does not equal Florida without a mandate...

Too many factors involved. I could point to Oregon as being proof that masks work since they have had a mask mandate the whole time and have one of the lowest deaths per million.... but that is silly.

Yeah, the actual studies will help. Just like those that said we need to clean every surface and not shake hands! BS.

Yes, exactly. Like the studies that showed that surface transmission was possible but would be considered rare and not how the virus is being transmitted.

If you don't like studies, just use logical reasoning. If masks didn't work, how has every nurse and doctor dealing with Covid patients not been infected?

eh. yours is just as nonsense. you just dont understand how to interpret data.

do they work? what does work mean? they help high density areas indoors. they are not full proof but they help. its not crazy.

anyway not to reboot this whole thing again. id like to point out that hopefully the end is in sight if large groups of people choose to get vaccinated.

It's not nonsense. NJ without a mandate does not equal Florida without a mandate...

Too many factors involved. I could point to Oregon as being proof that masks work since they have had a mask mandate the whole time and have one of the lowest deaths per million.... but that is silly.

Yes, exactly. Like the studies that showed that surface transmission was possible but would be considered rare and not how the virus is being transmitted.

If you don't like studies, just use logical reasoning. If masks didn't work, how has every nurse and doctor dealing with Covid patients not been infected?

Because nurses actually wear protective equipment - N95 masks, "space suits," etc.

A face diaper over the mouth of a member of the general public does nothing.

What’s your answer to simple question as to which businesses can be (and have been) open and which haven’t/can’t?

You have no idea how many people have been infected just like you have no idea how long antibodies last.

Reactions: shu09
Because nurses actually wear protective equipment - N95 masks, "space suits," etc.

A face diaper over the mouth of a member of the general public does nothing.

N95 > surgical > Cloth > Nothing.

What’s your answer to simple question as to which businesses can be (and have been) open and which haven’t/can’t?

You have no idea how many people have been infected just like you have no idea how long antibodies last.
thought it was well documented antibodies last for about 6 months.

Not sure what you're asking. You want my opinion on what businesses should be open today?
All of them.

Studies have shown antibodies last 6+months for the far majority of those who have been infected. I don't know exactly how many people have been infected, though I am fairly comfortable saying a shit ton less than 288 million... and citing an IFR of .2% is obviously just not correct when you realize that in NJ more than .2% of the population died from Covid.

Not sure what you're asking. You want my opinion on what businesses should be open today?
All of them.

Studies have shown antibodies last 6+months for the far majority of those who have been infected. I don't know exactly how many people have been infected, though I am fairly comfortable saying a shit ton less than 288 million... and citing an IFR of .2% is obviously just not correct when you realize that in NJ more than .2% of the population died from Covid.
We didn’t test for months when virus was supposedly at peak

Forget about the inaccuracies with testing

6+ months from when? When first contracted? From date of last symptoms? What about long haulers? What about people who were infected with minor symptoms for 2 weeks and then got progressively worse?

what % of people get tested for antibodies?

I can think of 9 direct relatives who have antibodies....5 of which never got tested for Covid. 2 think they have an idea of when they got infected. 1 deceased.

Aside from shut downs in March/April 2020, the death rate doesn’t justify the wildly contradicting restrictions

Gotta stop the mass testing complex. Fewer tests = fewer cases = less hysteria.

I've never once taken a corona test since this all started and don't plan to.

We didn’t test for months when virus was supposedly at peak

Correct... I've noted that previously. I'd expect that the number is closer to 100 million.

6+ months from when?
Date of the onset of symptoms or a positive PCR test, whichever was first.

What about long haulers?

They would be included in the data.

What about people who were infected with minor symptoms for 2 weeks and then got progressively worse?

They would be included in the data.

what % of people get tested for antibodies?

Enough if you understand math.

I can think of 9 direct relatives who have antibodies....5 of which never got tested for Covid.

Yes. Many people have had Covid.

Aside from shut downs in March/April 2020, the death rate doesn’t justify the wildly contradicting restrictions

Disagree.

Now you're just trolling.

No troll here. There is no need to test healthy people or those who have mild symptoms. All it does is increase case counts and feed the media/political hysteria.

Gotta stop the mass testing complex. Fewer tests = fewer cases = less hysteria.

I've never once taken a corona test since this all started and don't plan to.
Your employer is something else if they had in person office time among shared space and have not once asked for any test....

yea now im freaking out a bit. here i thought this one would be safer and signed my gf up for it who now is in the one demographic this seems to happen to. feeling pretty crummy now.

I feel for you. You will both probably be okay but the two of you should definitely pay attention to any unusual signs over the next 2-3 weeks and seek treatment if something doesn't feel right.

yea now im freaking out a bit. here i thought this one would be safer and signed my gf up for it who now is in the one demographic this seems to happen to. feeling pretty crummy now.

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much.

Thousands of women 18-49 have died from Covid. While that is still rare, complications from the vaccine will be even more rare. It makes sense to pause to make sure they aren't related but hundreds of thousands of women get blood clots every year. It's unfortunate but logically, some of that would occur after being vaccinated.

Thousands of women 18-49 have died from Covid. While that is still rare, complications from the vaccine will be even more rare. It makes sense to pause to make sure they aren't related but hundreds of thousands of women get blood clots every year. It's unfortunate but logically, some of that would occur after being vaccinated.
this is brain thrombosis. this isnt your normal blood clot. its way more serious. birth control has nothing to do with it either.

You're a physician too?

I thought Merge was an accountant, not a big pharma lobbyist/shill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT