ADVERTISEMENT

Jerseys-Onward Setonia-Customer service issue

RSPirate

Freshman
Gold Member
May 10, 2017
So I bought a youth small Isiah coleman jersey for my son and it was extremely small. I sent 5 emails to see how I can do an exchange for a larger size to info@onwardsetonia.com and finally got this response:

We apologize for the delay in the response. Unfortunately for replica jerseys, all sales are final as we do not stock any product. The measurements for the jerseys are listed on each of the product pages. It is made on-demand and can not be exchanged. If there is an issue or damage with the product, a replacement can be requested and fulfilled within 7 business days free of charge.

Did anyone try to do an exchange for a different size? Or does anyone know who I can contact to try to get this resolved. I did this to contribute to NIL and am also a season ticket holder and I get totally screwed

Reactions: MichiganStoleTitle
So I bought a youth small Isiah coleman jersey for my son and it was extremely small. I sent 5 emails to see how I can do an exchange for a larger size to info@onwardsetonia.com and finally got this response:

We apologize for the delay in the response. Unfortunately for replica jerseys, all sales are final as we do not stock any product. The measurements for the jerseys are listed on each of the product pages. It is made on-demand and can not be exchanged. If there is an issue or damage with the product, a replacement can be requested and fulfilled within 7 business days free of charge.

Did anyone try to do an exchange for a different size? Or does anyone know who I can contact to try to get this resolved. I did this to contribute to NIL and am also a season ticket holder and I get totally screwed
Did the measurements listed on the site align with the actual measurements of the jersey you received? If they did, then you really have no true gripe -- they would have delivered exactly what you ordered.

Their customer service response can be debated, I guess.

Last edited:
Should have taken it back and offered a refund or a bigger shirt. The cost is much better than what is going on with this thread. In fact it might have gotten some positive feedback!

I did because I got the wrong size delivered.

But I just found someone in that size range to give it to. LOL

I did it more for the NIL contribution than anything…but will note for future purchases.

Absolutely ridiculous customer service. It’s actually the opposite of customer service. Is the goal not to get repeat customers? Sign of a company looking to penny pinch more than grow.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Exactly…With a 9 yr old boy I probably would be a a getting a jersey every year for him for Christmas. Never again !

I will pass this thread on to the proper people.

That said, complaining like this on a possible isolated situation does nothing to help the school. The result is simply going to reduce demand.

I would rather our readers reach out to me at Halldan1@comcast.net and I will try and intervene as opposed to airing grievances on this board.

It’s also not isolated as another person on this board recieved one without a # on it and another a wrong size. Thank you very much for passing on to the appropriate people

I did because I got the wrong size delivered.

But I just found someone in that size range to give it to. LOL

I did it more for the NIL contribution than anything…but will note for future purchases.
Not for anything, but did you look at the measurements on the website? Alot of the sneaker companies will have final sale on custom items.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
I will pass this thread on to the proper people.

That said, complaining like this on a possible isolated situation does nothing to help the school. The result is simply going to reduce demand.

I would rather our readers reach out to me at Halldan1@comcast.net and I will try and intervene as opposed to airing grievances on this board.

How dare anyone hold them accountable for how they operate! Shame! Shame!

Let's just make sure everyone keeps giving their hard earned money without knowing the quality of what they receive and how they are treated when there are issues!

Not for anything, but did you look at the measurements on the website? Alot of the sneaker companies will have final sale on custom items.
You are the second person to ask the OP this, without an answer. Sounds like end-user error when ordering.
Initially when I ordered on Black Friday, there were no measurements. I email them and suggested putting up a guide which they have now.

I ordered an adult XS and Small. The XS was too small and want to return it but I haven’t gotten a response. I was hoping to get an exchange, especially since I purchased another jersey since I know the proper fit.
I hope they reconsider the exchange as well since I am regularly donate to Onward!

The jerseys are amazing. Do right for our fan base.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I did not look at the chart and to be honest do not even know if it was even there when I purchased. Nowhere does it say “all sales final”
My son is a Youth SM for NBA jerseys so I thought would be similar in size; however it is no where close. He needs a Youth L instead.

How dare anyone hold them accountable for how they operate! Shame! Shame!

Let's just make sure everyone keeps giving their hard earned money without knowing the quality of what they receive and how they are treated when there are issues!
And for every issue as above there are countless sales that go perfectly with no reason to post their satisfaction.

My point is posting a grievance here hurts the school and very well can be an isolated incident. That's why I noted for those with issues to contact me directly and I will help.

Reactions: garyshu71
I have reached out to those involved and hopefully it bears fruit.

RSPirate pls send me your email address but do it quickly as I will soon be off the board for about a week as I am having surgery next Thursday for back issues.

No longer needed.

The school is familiar with the issue and will contact you today. Just be patient as I know what they will be doing to rectify the situation.

For those not happy with the Hall regarding this situation....

Mike McBride got in touch with RSPirate a short while ago. He is not only getting Rick the right jersey but is also going above and beyond in having his son meet some of the players on Saturday during the pre game.

Mike personally getting back to Rick in such a timely fashion says a lot. And Rick's response was to imm donate $2500 today towards NIL

Fabulous job by both Rick and Mike.

Glad to hear it was made right. Reality is that there are going to be hiccups here. Onward Setonia is not a full time retail business and not trying to be one. They could put money towards improving the retail experience, but that money would be coming right out of our players' pockets so I assume they're trying to do this on as tight a budget as possible.

That’s the way to make it right. Great job by all involved. I’m all for organizations making a good initial impression but let’s give them a little leeway as they really just started rolling. I just got a gray jersey and they did a really good job. No one is perfect. Don’t let a few hiccups stop us from contributing to the team.

For those not happy with the Hall regarding this situation....

Mike McBride got in touch with RSPirate a short while ago. He is not only getting Rick the right jersey but is also going above and beyond in having his son meet some of the players on Saturday during pre game.

Mike personally getting back to Rick in such a timely fashion says a lot. And Rick's response was to imm donate $2500 today towards NIL

Fabulous job by both Rick and Mike.
What a sales job by Mike !

The key to me is a fan unhappy initially with the service provided once it was rectified stepped up to support the Pirates in a fashion that is so needed.

That's putting your money where your mouth is.

Well done RSPirate

Seconded, kudos to both sides. I was going to offer to buy the jersey from RS in return for deleting the post -- I have smaller kids. Glad it got resolved.

What a day! Much thanks to Mike McBride and to Dan for helping facilitate such a special day for my son. We got the arena about 10:15 for about 30 minutes my son was able to meet all the players during pregame shoot around as well as do some rebounding and passing to Kooks, Davis and Coleman. Was able to take some shots on the Prudential floor as well as take some shots with Dawes. And then to top it off with a great win! My son and I will definitely remember ! Thanks again Mike and Dan!!

A bad situation was turned into a good one with communication. Sometimes that's all it takes.

The best part is the young boy will remember yesterday for the rest of his life and it doesn't get better than that.

What a day! Much thanks to Mike McBride and to Dan for helping facilitate such a special day for my son. We got the arena about 10:15 for about 30 minutes my son was able to meet all the players during pregame shoot around as well as do some rebounding and passing to Kooks, Davis and Coleman. Was able to take some shots on the Prudential floor as well as take some shots with Dawes. And then to top it off with a great win! My son and I will definitely remember ! Thanks again Mike and Dan!!
Based on what happened next, your son should be part of every pregame routine. You got my vote for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT