ADVERTISEMENT

John Fanta and his rise in college basketball

Awesome.

First time I heard John call a game it was a big SHU baseball game. I was in the kitchen and didnt hear what happened, just that the SOU announcer was excited. Went back to the radio figuring we must have scored, but the other team had actually made a big play. I got the feeling that maybe this kid knows what he's doing lol.

Last edited:
I remember when he was in school - he was everywhere. He interviewed us one time when he was a soph or junior as we entered the BE Tourney. He is a hard working guy and is really making a name for himself. He's also a really good listen with his upbeat approach. So happy to see him continue to do so well. I think he's gonna be around for a long time on the sports scene and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Loved reading that!

John is a good guy. I've become acquainted with him as a fellow WSOU alum.

He was happy to help a current student who I had been working with and this right after we first met.

Of course, what does he do on his night off? Come to a Seton Hall game -- and it's at least the second or third time I've seen him (and his wife) at a game he wasn't working.

I bumped into him on the train in the MSG. He overheard our conversation and jumped in and started talking hoops with us. He has a great on the air talent, certainly is hard-working and does all his prep work, but in the end he really loves sports and that shows.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
The kid has it. He has natural charisma and energy for everything he takes part in. Add that to a relentless motor. Like others have said, he is everywhere. Everywhere. Working or not, he's always part of the action.

Reactions: Section112
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT