ADVERTISEMENT

Just an idea?

ironlung75

All Big East
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2006
Dan, I had an idea that maybe could be passed along to Brian or to Pat Lyons.

What if we did a "drive for kids". The idea would be that the die hard fans and others who want the Rock full would put up $100 for a game. That would buy 10 kid seats. Kids would have to be 16 and under. We would point to certain games.

The winners of the most sales would get those cushy floor seats or some other types of considerations.

We would do it for certain games. The write off would not be the seats, but to the group (e.g. PAL, Boys and Girls clubs, schools, etc.)

I know we do some of this today, but if we got a real marketing campaign going and sold for specific games, maybe we would be able to open the curtain if we can afford the fees based on the sales plus the additional attendance.

Kids are loud. We can give them incentives to cheer and make the Rock a louder even bigger place to make noise.

One of the reasons why I believe we don't sell more is if you look at ticket costs for a BIG game at a school in the middle of no where (e.g. Iowa and their ticket prices and ours) we have tickets in the lower bowl that are 8X the cost of an equivalent game with the same sight lines. You wonder why we don't draw more fans from the area and families.

I know the Rock is expensive, but I have no idea how much more it costs to put more butts in seats than letting them go empty. And it would be a good thing for everyone.

I am not an expert on this but we all want bigger, louder crowds and atmosphere that makes recruits want to come.

We can play with the Blue Bloods, Just make it price the same for seats that are going empty anyway. I don't know what the seat costs are for Rupp or the Dean dome in the rafters , but I can't believe they are $50 a seat?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News