ADVERTISEMENT

King makes U19 National Team

Surprised Bol Bol got cut... hes #4 in latest ESPN poll and I believe Calipari is recruiting him.

As much as we all want to hate on Cal, he is just the coach and dosen't have final say over the roster. Bol was cut, along with current commit Knox

I thought Cal had a say over who makes the team. Which made it a bit silly when a ton of KY players and recruits made the initial cut (shockingly, lol), when better collegiate players did not.

Knox was not cut, but injured.

Reactions: Flnj86
It does seem a little odd that King is one of the Top 12 players under 19. Does make you think Calipari wants to see him more before he decides to offer or not. King has immense talent but I don't think he's currently top 12. Under 19 covers most of 2017, 2018 and a portion of 2016 players also.

I'm sure the players are chosen by the whole committee which includes Ed Cooley, among others. But if Cal wants a guy on the team I don't think he gets any resistance.

No Big East kids on roster. Did any besides Shamorie Ponds even make it decently far?

M
It does seem a little odd that King is one of the Top 12 players under 19. Does make you think Calipari wants to see him more before he decides to offer or not. King has immense talent but I don't think he's currently top 12. Under 19 covers most of 2017, 2018 and a portion of 2016 players also.

I'm sure the players are chosen by the whole committee which includes Ed Cooley, among others. But if Cal wants a guy on the team I don't think he gets any resistance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT