ADVERTISEMENT

Malachi Hits the Portal

True,,, good luck ,,,, but Geez, are other D 1 teams losing their entire roster?
Yup, two blue bloods, Duke and Kentucky have lost almost entire rosters. Granted they have kids declaring for NBA draft, but still each have a lot of kids in portal. Xavier is another school.

Reactions: LBP43 and Piratz
Is it a player's market or is that just like the gold rush prospectors of old? I remember reading an article last year that said 40 percent of players who entered the portal did not find a school. Am I remembering correctly? Does anyone remember that article?

Reactions: LBP43
Everyone comes around with their hand out and Shaheen probably gives a look like “Are you kidding me”?

Turning over rosters year after year is unsustainable.

Reactions: TomD82 and wpc75
He was never Big East material. Just a filler at the end of the bench just incase we had injuries to our top guards. He would benefit from going lower D1 or high D2. Good luck to him

True,,, good luck ,,,, but Geez, are other D 1 teams losing their entire roster?

Over 1800 transfers in the portal is roughly 5-6 per team. Duke has 7 last I checked.

People still don't understand so they?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
There are 2,000+ players in the portal. That’s 6 per team on average. Half the roster.

We have had 5: Davis, Addae-Wusu, Hutchins-Everett, Brown, and Ozdogan.
Didn't realize Oz was going, too. Surprised Coleman has yet to test the waters.

This has to be literally exhausting for Shaheen.
Who is our point guy--- or general manager-of-sorts---- on how our amount of limited resource NIL money is ultimately allocated? I know Shaheen has a big say, but it sounds almost like a position for an MBA or experienced attorney. UCONN has Tom Moore and Villanova hired Dunleavy. I know we have an NIL department, but don't those guys basically find the money and sponsors?

Is it a player's market or is that just like the gold rush prospectors of old? I remember reading an article last year that said 40 percent of players who entered the portal did not find a school. Am I remembering correctly? Does anyone remember that article?
I don't remember that article but I read an article this year that said it was that 80% of men's basketball players are expected to enter the portal this year. Which is just insane.

Yup, two blue bloods, Duke and Kentucky have lost almost entire rosters. Granted they have kids declaring for NBA draft, but still each have a lot of kids in portal. Xavier is another school.
They also have blank checks to offer

Who is our point guy--- or general manager-of-sorts---- on how our amount of limited resource NIL money is ultimately allocated? I know Shaheen has a big say, but it sounds almost like a position for an MBA or experienced attorney. UCONN has Tom Moore and Villanova hired Dunleavy. I know we have an NIL department, but don't those guys basically find the money and sponsors?

Would seem to be Mike McBride. An empty chair would be better than Baker Dunleavy.

Reactions: Piratz
I would think Sha sets the figure with the player and the onward guys tell him what is in the bank. I hope Sha spends it as he wants.

That is not what he does or should be doing at all, he's a supply side fundraiser.

Sha is the GM.
I would assume he uses one of the assistant to keep a list of players..positions..potential asking price etc..seems like this is now common in d1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT