ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland home OOC soft served vanilla

Without seeing his OOC road/neutral schedule, really hard to comment completely on home schedule. But quickly looking, isn't it better than our home OOC schedule last year? I can only assume this years Marquette will be better than our top home OOC mate Rutgers from last year.

Am I missing something or is it the usual anti Willard crew trying to make something out of nothing?

Can we just move on from Willard?

Without seeing his OOC road/neutral schedule, really hard to comment completely on home schedule. But quickly looking, isn't it better than our home OOC schedule last year? I can only assume this years Marquette will be better than our top home OOC mate Rutgers from last year.

Am I missing something or is it the usual anti Willard crew trying to make something out of nothing?

Marquette is easily better than Oklahoma State or likely anybody else we'll play at home. Especially with new scheduling guru Jerry Carino suggesting we should challenge ourselves less during the OOC.

Maryland is also playing Villanova in Newark and Syracuse in Brooklyn this year. In 2025-26 they're returning the Marquette game in Milwaukee and starting a four-year series against Georgetown with the first game at home.

Reactions: Piratz
It really doesn’t look too much different than our schedule in terms of scheduling a bunch of mid to low major schools plus one “marquee” OOC game. This year theirs is better than ours was last yea

It’s a matter of degree I guess in terms of how far apart talent wise SHU and Maryland are from their opponents, but you’re right. We were lucky in 2021-22 by having Texas and a good RU team. Since then we have had Iowa in 2022 who went to the tournament, and Rutgers last year. This year unless there is a game being scheduled we don’t know about, we have Oklahoma State…

Marquette is easily better than Oklahoma State or likely anybody else we'll play at home. Especially with new scheduling guru Jerry Carino suggesting we should challenge ourselves less during the OOC.

Maryland is also playing Villanova in Newark and Syracuse in Brooklyn this year. In 2025-26 they're returning the Marquette game in Milwaukee and starting a four-year series against Georgetown with the first game at home.
“New scheduling guru” Carino is hilarious.

I like when we play strong OOC schedules and have some games to get excited about before the conference play.

willard eventually scheduled pretty well here in the 2nd half of his tenure.

NET basically tells you to schedule 90% crap and 10% really good.

I live in MD and am a Univ of MD graduate. I do not mind the Terp updates at all.

As far as the UMD home schedule, sucks for home team fans but it could be smart move for Willard and co with the flawed NET metric that overweights efficiency metrics when playing crappy teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT