ADVERTISEMENT

Mighty Cornhuskers

Wow, and at home too. That is an awful loss. They should be IU, but the rest of the schedule is brutal. So much for playing in a bowl where they sun for another team. More money down the drain.

You can never be too surprised of the level of ineptitude that Rutgers Football seems to find, but when I saw stat that they haven’t won a B1G home game since 2017?

if Schiano can’t get it done there; where do they turn?

Hi all. just a quick and friendly reminder with basketball season quickly approaching posts about Kevin Willard and or Maryland are strictly prohibited because they have nothing to do with seton hall basketball. Thanks!

Both programs are massive losers, on and off the field.

I somehow mistakenly watched this game as well as Thursday’s NFL game and both were just horribly, horribly played.

Reactions: SHUSource
Reminds me of the time Schauno’s team dances in the Navy logo before the game. Claimed they didn’t know the significance.
I thought (could be wrong) the controversy was that at a RU home game the Rutgers students were chanting “#&%$ you navy”. It was extremely disturbing considering it was during a time of war. I believe the president or AD at time issued a public apology the next week.

Last edited:
Greg Schiano , the coach who has a $32 million eight year contract which pays him 4 million a year. That’s a lot of money to pay a coach who has lost 21 straight conference home games.
He's only lost 11 of the 21 games. This is his third season. The first 10 came during the Chris Ash (and his interim replacement) era.

Your point holds as he is paid to win this game but facts matter too.

The funny part is he's 5-5 in conference road games during that span.

Reactions: TomD82
I thought (could be wrong) the controversy was that at a RU home game the Rutgers students were chanting “#&%$ you navy”. It was extremely disturbing considering it was during a time of war. I believe the president or AD at time issued a public apology the next week.
Recall that one. But fairly certain there was some kerfufille with Ru dancing pregame on Navy logo. But maybe I misremembered

Recall that one. But fairly certain there was some kerfufille with Ru dancing pregame on Navy logo. But maybe I misremembered
Thought that was at Louisville, dancing on the Cardinal at midfield before the game.

Reactions: HALL85
those were to different situations. I was at the RU home game sitting with Navy fans near the end zone full of RU students who had to pass by us on the way to their seats. They all had on what looked like brand new Red T shirts that were worn for the first time. The students acted like it was their first football game and they didn't know how to act..... so they ridiculed some navy fans (some senior citizens included) on the way to their seats and then ... cursed out the Navy players with loud chants of #$%& you Navy..... classless to the core. RU happened to win that game... but the one at Annapolis when they stomped on the Navy Logo and delayed the carefully planned pre-game activities, including the Brigade March On and disrupted the sky divers schedule jump.... RU lost in a close game after which Schiano, in his post game presser, just continued his classiness and arrogantly declared that Navy was just lucky to win and never would beat them like that again..... gave them no credit and sounded like a clown he is. Just a couple examples why I delight in their misery.

No ill will towards RU, it just pisses me off that we throw taxpayer money at their athletic program with abysmal results. NJ is bleeding cash and there are much better ways to spend our hard earned money!

As bad as Rutgers football is for a taxpayer,, being a tazpayer in Ct is worse supporting their football team!

• Haha
Reactions: walshtrips
those were to different situations. I was at the RU home game sitting with Navy fans near the end zone full of RU students who had to pass by us on the way to their seats. They all had on what looked like brand new Red T shirts that were worn for the first time. The students acted like it was their first football game and they didn't know how to act..... so they ridiculed some navy fans (some senior citizens included) on the way to their seats and then ... cursed out the Navy players with loud chants of #$%& you Navy..... classless to the core. RU happened to win that game... but the one at Annapolis when they stomped on the Navy Logo and delayed the carefully planned pre-game activities, including the Brigade March On and disrupted the sky divers schedule jump.... RU lost in a close game after which Schiano, in his post game presser, just continued his classiness and arrogantly declared that Navy was just lucky to win and never would beat them like that again..... gave them no credit and sounded like a clown he is. Just a couple examples why I delight in their misery.
Thanks for the story. I knew I had heard it and that it had happened.

I said this when Schiano was hired. The sequel is normally never as good as the original.
Thing is, the original wasn’t all that great! How much money was wasted on a stadium expansion that wasn’t even needed!? Prior to Schiano 1.0 I had heard there was support building for re-evaluating Rutgers never ending quest to be relevant, or at least not a total embarrassment, at the D1 level. This last coaching search which resulted in Schiano 2.0 which brought back the coach no one wanted to the school no one wants to coach at, will they finally wake up and reevaluate this colossal, never ending money pit of wasted taxpayer money!? They honestly never should have left the Atlantic 10 and should look to return there. Big time and Rutgers should not be in the same sentence!

With the evolution of college athletics over the past 20 years these really shouldn’t be public employees any longer. The government has no business running professional sport franchises. You have state employees now making $10M+/year for coaching a game. States are spending hundreds upon hundreds of millions on sports. In a simpler time it made sense, but times (the game) have clearly changed.

i don’t know what the answer is but this is really getting insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT