ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament attendance next week?

newshu1

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2016
I am in for all locations but Spokane.

Curious on peoples thoughts re travel. Are you in for just a few locations? All locations or none?

Unfortunately I did not think this team would be in the tournament after the Rutgers loss and I booked a trip to the Bahamas for next week the day after loss. I will be watching though whenever we play.

Bahamas is a great First Round trip -will be 20 years only interrupted by the Covid year

I would encourage all to give very serious consideration to going.

1) win or lose it’s a great time
2) it could be a while before we get another opportunity
3) this could be the last time seton hall plays in the ncaa tournament in its current format. It’s widely speculated that the 68 team format will not exist in about 5 years (the ncaa may announce new format as early as this year).

I have 3 young kids and a demanding job. Between work and kids activities (coaching, etc), it is hard for me to travel out of town on short notice. That being said, I'm going to look into attending wherever we end up, and perhaps bring my oldest. So I'm definitely interesting in hearing from others if there are planned events or meetups once we know where we are going.

I’ve been to a few, last were Denver and Greenville during this recent run.

It’s cool. The crowds are usually good but not as partisan as a typical home/away game. Everything is decked out around the cities. Greenville in particular was a great little city.

Idk about this year but hoping they get Pittsburgh, Brooklyn, maybe Charlotte so we’ll see. It’s a frenzy Sunday night.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
My son and I each book 2 plane tickets to 2 cities Sunday early afternoon before selection starts. Tickets are a fraction of the cost early before selection. We have 24 hours to cancel the ones we do not use. For example, I booked Greenville before we got chosen for that site for round trip $130, price jumped to over $600 soon as the sites were announced. We had a blast at Greenville, met a ton of friendly basketball people and attended a pirate blue event before the game. We can drive to Pittsburgh and I doubt we get Brooklyn. No go to Spokane or Salt Lake City, timing just doesn't work and price starts to play a factor. Think we get a good draw this year, meaning no west coast. Why? Our coach is good TV. Having Sha again is a good story line. I bet we get Charlotte or Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall Is Life
@SOBO1 runs an excellent projection maybe he can send it to this thread. For those interested Spokane is pretty much eliminated, Indy also about 10%.

Most likley locations according to the projection:

Salt Lake City
Omaha
Charlotte

My son and I each book 2 plane tickets to 2 cities Sunday early afternoon before selection starts. Tickets are a fraction of the cost early before selection. We have 24 hours to cancel the ones we do not use. For example, I booked Greenville before we got chosen for that site for round trip $130, price jumped to over $600 soon as the sites were announced. We had a blast at Greenville, met a ton of friendly basketball people and attended a pirate blue event before the game. We can drive to Pittsburgh and I doubt we get Brooklyn. No go to Spokane or Salt Lake City, timing just doesn't work and price starts to play a factor.
Crazy I actually looked at airfare for all cities now and they are over $400, wonder if something else is happening that week, maybe college spring break driving up the pricing

Reactions: SHallguy2
If it's Charlotte, I'm in. I will consider the other sites but west coast is probably not do-able. Are we talking about a group meeting up and sitting together? Or just buying tickets thru Stub Hub etc and sitting wherever?

If it's Charlotte, I'm in. I will consider the other sites but west coast is probably not do-able. Are we talking about a group meeting up and sitting together? Or just buying tickets thru Stub Hub etc and sitting wherever?
Season ticket holders will have an opportunity to get tickets through the school. I believe we get 400 tickets.

I’ve been to a few, last were Denver and Greenville during this recent run.

It’s cool. The crowds are usually good but not as partisan as a typical home/away game. Everything is decked out around the cities. Greenville in particular was a great little city.

Idk about this year but hoping they get Pittsburgh, Brooklyn, maybe Charlotte so we’ll see. It’s a frenzy Sunday night.
I think Tennessee is going to get the last 1 seed, so we can only get Charolette as a 10 seed in UNC's pod (UNC in North Carolina is a death sentence). Low IQ to hope for that matchup.

Brooklyn and Pittsburgh are only possible if we are an 11 seed in Duke's pod. I think Duke gets 3 seed in Pittsburgh but its possible they get Brooklyn.

New fan is coming and he or she doesn't even know it. LOL
Yeah lol big sis is already hooked at 3! At least my husband has become a semi fan (sports aren't his thing) but two weeks ago I caught him saying ok so what do we have to do to keep the season going. And he wears his I married into this shirt often. So this kid doesn't stand a chance.

Congratulations!
Thank you!

Season ticket holders will have an opportunity to get tickets through the school. I believe we get 400 tickets.
Former season ticket holder for many years. But I retired in South Carolina so that was the end of that. Any season ticket holder who wants to resell a ticket, please let me know.

I would encourage all to give very serious consideration to going.

1) win or lose it’s a great time
2) it could be a while before we get another opportunity
3) this could be the last time seton hall plays in the ncaa tournament in its current format. It’s widely speculated that the 68 team format will not exist in about 5 years (the ncaa may announce new format as early as this year).
Why so down on points 2 and 3?

SHU can be back as soon as next year.
Every other school is going to have roster turnover as well.

Why so down on points 2 and 3?

SHU can be back as soon as next year.
Every other school is going to have roster turnover as well.
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer with points #2 and #3. The reality is we are losing our entire core next season. The team will be unproven.

Regards to my third comment, it stinks but it's true. This has been widely speculated by national media for months and Charlie Baker's interview with ESPN a couple weeks ago all but confirmed it. All the national media guys hate it, but they all agree its happening. How it will look will be anyone's guess but it's not going to be the field as we know it today.

I agree with newshu. There isn’t a realistic scenario in which we are out. I think we are most likely a 10 seed. It’s going to be difficult to get an 11 but maybe we get lucky because our NET is so high.

We may be one of these under seeded NCAA teams that gives fits and busts it open. Or, well, that’s my hope.

I’d like us to get some rest though. The BET rigors and consecutive nights of playing can be a killer on a team like this despite it being an amazing tournament. At least you get the day off between in the NCAAT.

Let’s start by winning Thursday. Really cannot stand SJU and want to be out of Dayton.

Reactions: SHUSA
An influential website On3, had us as the first team out today. The Athletic had us "sweating it out" if we lose to St Johns. Most bracketologists have us as a 10 seed now. But what happens if we lose to St. John's? What happens if they blow us out? (I don't expect that.)

The Bubble is weird this year. I don't have confidence the committee will be favorable to Big East bubble teams.

An influential website On3, had us as the first team out today. The Athletic had us "sweating it out" if we lose to St Johns. Most bracketologists have us as a 10 seed now. But what happens if we lose to St. John's? What happens if they blow us out? (I don't expect that.)

The Bubble is weird this year. I don't have confidence the committee will be favorable to Big East bubble teams.
No one is influential when it comes to this

Reactions: Piratz

I'm sure the Selection Committee is looking at all of these projections and cribbing from them rather than using the resources they have on hand.

Might as well let Lunardi, Wachtel and Palm do all their work for them.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
One of the reason these bracket guys move teams around a lot on bubble and have all these categories is to keep the fans interest. If they listed more teams as a lock, no need to check brackets every day.

Reactions: TomWall
No one is influential when it comes to this
Not when it comes to actually selecting the teams or even speculating about them, but the selection committee is human. If they want to make a controversial rejection of a team and perhaps saw some support for that in an influential media outlet, then they might feel emboldened to do so.

Not when it comes to actually selecting the teams or even speculating about them, but the selection committee is human. If they want to make a controversial rejection of a team and perhaps saw some support for that in an influential media outlet, then they might feel emboldened to do so.
That is absurd.

That is like Pope Francis being swayed by an article in America magazine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT