ADVERTISEMENT

New Tre Duval interview

Bobbie Solo

All World
Dec 31, 2003
Bayonne Leave It Alone
http://setonhall.247sports.com/Arti...With-Top-Ranked-PG-Trevon-Duval-Bayl-52261219

Read the whole thing, trust me. Especially when he goes through each of his five schools. About us...

How about Seton Hall?

Seton Hall, that’s home for me, basically. You know, my best friend goes there.

Mr. Powell, an absolute sniper.

Yeah, and the majority of them are all juniors and next year, if I were to go there, they need a point guard, that could be good. And the Big East is the Big East. It has a lot of good history and a lot of basketball and the Big East Tournament is also something that’s really big.

This seems important too...

What about gear? Who’s got some of the best gear?

From some of these camps?

Yeah, or wherever- you’ve been to a lot of events.

It depends. So, McDonald’s gear was the best. It was the best gear I’ve gotten from Adidas. And Under Armour…

The Steph Curry Camp?

Yeah, the Steph Curry Camp, their gear is unbelievable.

I’m sure that Curry talked to you at some point.

Yeah.

What was that like?

Cool. I mean, he’s a super cool dude. He’s a normal guy and he loves the game. You can tell- he loves talking about it, he loves helping people out, so that was really cool talking to him and just picking his brain a little bit.

Was he helpful?

Definitely, yeah. He helped me out on just little things. He knows a lot of little things and I think that’s what makes him good cause he pays attention to those little things and those little things make a big difference for him just to get his shot off and do whatever he needs to do.

He utilizes that 6'9½" wingspan in keeping a low dribble in traffic. Probably easiest to see in the last video of him dunking.

After reading that article, I think we have a great shot, but Kansas is still in it despite Graham staying and Duke seems to be the favorite, no?

MJS feels like we need to bank on three things UA, Powell, Delgado..... But I agree still think it's Duke and Us. Kansas I'm just not buying he wants to play with Graham.

We gotta hope Ewing doesn't convince Tremont Waters to come back and he signs with Duke...

Reactions: Profshu
The Delgado factor is overrated, imo. Delgado doesn't have to decide until late May if I'm correct? Duval is expected to decide before that.

Despite the common consesus that Duke leads, I was told by someone involved with his recruitment that Kansas is the team to beat here.

MJS feels like we need to bank on three things UA, Powell, Delgado..... But I agree still think it's Duke and Us. Kansas I'm just not buying he wants to play with Graham.

I agree about UA. If I am not mistaken, they need a PG almost as badly as we do.

Based on the enthusiasm he expressed in the article, Duke and Kansas seem to be the leaders. Just my interpretation. But trying to gage a teenager's intentions by some brief comments in an interview seems like an exercise in futility!

Reactions: mjs428 and shu09
I will beyond pleasantly stunned if we go toe-to-toe with Duke and actually win the Duval Sweepstakes. Floored.

We have a lot to offer someone like Duval for sure and he could be legendary around here, but I'll believe it when I see it. There are reasons these "blue blood" programs generally get what they want...

Meanwhile, let's not allow other excellent options to get taken while we tap dance with this.

I agree about UA. If I am not mistaken, they need a PG almost as badly as we do.
I'm pretty sure they have a top 100 pg on the team already and I am pretty sure they signed a top 100 pg. I'd be ecstatic with that pg situation

Duval is the starting pg next year on any of the finalists. We all need pg's.

The Delgado factor is overrated, imo. Delgado doesn't have to decide until late May if I'm correct? Duval is expected to decide before that.

There is no way Duval comes here if Angel leaves....so, if Duval gives us a verbal before May....we have our answer re Angel. He will have guaranteed that to Duval....

I thought that I locally read Arizona was hurting for PG after Kobi Simmons declared for the draft and that the two guards coming in this year were shooting guards. I could be wrong.

I thought that I locally read Arizona was hurting for PG after Kobi Simmons declared for the draft and that the two guards coming in this year were shooting guards. I could be wrong.

You may be on to something...

I probably have no idea what I am talking about. LOL
Lol. I don't think anyone talking about where he is going knows what they're talking about.

I do find it interesting that we're scrambling so hard for a grad transfer PG all of a sudden. If we were looking for just a backup, would we be going after all these guys so hard?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT