Senior
Jun 3, 2020
Assuming no transfers out..

PG - Brown
SG - Coleman, Sanders, Harris, Felton
SF -
PF - Tubek, Nganga
C - Everett, Ozdogan, Godswill

Am I missing anything? Looking at 2 Freshman and 2 sophomores being potential starters if Felton can be a PG..

At least there’s some talent in the front court. I’m sure it’s easier to find wings in the portal. A lot of work to do just to be competitive

Davis, Richmond and Wusu can play one more year if they wish.

Harris will not be coming back due to injury.

I see it as:

-Richmond is as good as gone.
-Davis will give it another year.
-Wusu should not be welcomed back but knowing Sha, he’ll be in our starting lineup next year.

While next year’s roster has some talent, it is incredibly young and inexperienced. Need to hit a home run or two in the transfer portal.

Of course Wusu will be asked back as he should be.

I certainly hope that Davis comes back.

Richmond would be a dream. He's either going pro or will get a ridiculous offer from another college that we will have no chance to match.

Davis will be looking for as much $$ as possible from whomever as well he should, definitely a leave or transfer candidate.
I only kept him here because of his girlfriend and daughter but I see now that she is a senior. So yea, assuming she is graduating, he is likely gone to the highest bidder.

This is when Sha McBride and coaching staff need to get together and figure out first how much money do we have for the offseason and what are the needs. Do we make an effort to keep some or all of the core intact including Coleman and with the remaining funds try to find a shooter. Do we let them all go knowing we can’t match what they really want and just rebuild through the transfer portal? I don’t know the answer to that but their should multiple contingency plans in place as soon as the season ends.

If we continue to lose players because we can't pay comparable offers then our program is dead in the water.

I am doing everything possible to support the school. Hopefully those doing the most to criticize are also doing their fair share as well.

If we continue to lose players because we can't pay comparable offers then our program is dead in the water.

I am doing everything possible to support the school. Hopefully those doing the most to criticize are also doing their fair share as well.
If I was them I would just start cold calling season ticket holders or hold a virtual town hall meeting and be direct that we need money to stay competitive

It’s a tough spot. Hopefully McBride can unlock some high powered alumni and/or something creative with the corporate world (altho not sure the value for companies 🤷‍♂️) bc SHU needs to unlock that level of contribution regularly. Every dollar counts for sure, but it’s going to be hard to sustain that off regular fans every year.

Of course. It's going to take a lot more than just us. But we have to do our fair share as the school is reaching out to major donors every day.

Of course Wusu will be asked back as he should be.

I certainly hope that Davis comes back.

Richmond would be a dream. He's either going pro or will get a ridiculous offer from another college that we will have no chance to match.
Richmond feels like Samuel to me.

And Davis has a little girl, so we’ll see what the market is for him. He’s a good, versatile player.

PG - Brown
SF -
PF - Tubek, Nganga

Am I missing anything? Looking at 2 Freshman and 2 sophomores being potential starters if Felton can be a PG..

At least there’s some talent in the front court. I’m sure it’s easier to find wings in the portal. A lot of work to do just to be competitive
I think we’ve learned you can’t do this exercise until like May now. 🤣

At this point I think the only hope for the program to be competitive is that the Power 5 along with most of the big east break away and SHU is in the the new lower subdivision competing against schools with similar NIL money

A - I don’t think any of them will be back.
B - I wouldn’t want any of them back.

As talented as Kadary is, we haven’t done anything with him. Time to move on and start fresh.

Davis I could see as a similar situation as Dawes if he came back. a guy who would over stay his welcome and be unmotivated

Wusu.. woof

1. Hard to take anyone seriously who says they don't want Richmond back.

2. Anyone who fears Davis wouldn't be motivated has no idea who Davis is.

3. As for Wusu, he is having issues on offense no doubt but his D is excellent. You never pass on a player if you're SHU with his ability.

3. As for Wusu, he is having issues on offense no doubt but his D is excellent. You never pass on a player if you're SHU with his ability.
If Kadary comes back we’re just going to run the same old stagnant offense of hoping he can either break down his defender and get to the hoop or back down his defender. While the rest of our guys throw lazy passes and stand around shooting 3s that they don’t make.

Hence why it’s time to move on and get a balanced roster with a more traditional PG that Sha should be able to elevate…

Reactions: newshu1

PG - Brown
SF -
PF - Tubek, Nganga

Generally, less talent than this year.

It will be telling if we can’t compete with other programs to keep Sha’s guys. Samuel was a graduate transfer. Kadary will be a graduate transfer. Neither of them were Sha’s guys anyway. If Coleman turns out to be a player, he will be the first one under the new Sha regime that we will have to fight to keep.

It’s hard to stay positive right now given the state of the program, but continuing to donate I will. I give more than I should. I give more than I should have to. But that’s the way that college athletics are now and it’s not going away anytime soon. Our measly dollars and cents aren’t going to put a dent in what we really need. We need whales. Without them, we will just become a feeder program.

And truthfully, Sha’s coaching needs to improve in order for players to buy in to what he’s preaching and want to come play for him. Coleman and next year’s class is a solid starting point. Sha has to show us that he can compete at this level or the small money is going to dry up. People pay enough as it is. People will stop paying if they lose faith. Rebuilding always sucks. Sha and the administration have to do it quickly. It’s now or never.

I'm afraid to even think of next season's team--who knows who will be back & with the lack of development of the bench, there's not much there. Looking like we're in for DePaul like seasons so better get used to it.

Reactions: HallGuy23
We are in rebuild mode and I'm excited for the roster and incoming freshmen next year with Coleman and Brown. I don't want to keep Sanders if he doesn't improve. Wusu can be serviceable but I see Davis and Richmond gone.

I'm not as down on the program as some people are and the future. Sha is possibly our coach for life based on how successful he becomes and he's going through the growing pains of a power conference head coach. Poor planning and strategies with these assistants and lack of NIL to start the year so we have this abysmal team to watch this year. It doesn't help we don't have a president at the university either. That disaster is overlooked too much.

NIL is moving in the right direction and we have a new multi million practice facility coming. Will we execute and create a serviceable roster? I don't know but we will know by this time next year if we are in it with our peers or sinking like the Titanic.

Last edited:

Richmond is great. He just isn't a good point guard. Never has been. Davis has under performed this year, big time. Wusu is what he's always been. 7-10ppg scorer. Plus defender with a high motor (how many of those do we have on this team besides Wusu?)

It will be telling if we can’t compete with other programs to keep Sha’s guys. Samuel was a graduate transfer. Kadary will be a graduate transfer. Neither of them were Sha’s guys anyway. If Coleman turns out to be a player, he will be the first one under the new Sha regime that we will have to fight to keep.

It’s hard to stay positive right now given the state of the program, but continuing to donate I will. I give more than I should. I give more than I should have to. But that’s the way that college athletics are now and it’s not going away anytime soon. Our measly dollars and cents aren’t going to put a dent in what we really need. We need whales. Without them, we will just become a feeder program.

And truthfully, Sha’s coaching needs to improve in order for players to buy in to what he’s preaching and want to come play for him. Coleman and next year’s class is a solid starting point. Sha has to show us that he can compete at this level or the small money is going to dry up. People pay enough as it is. People will stop paying if they lose faith. Rebuilding always sucks. Sha and the administration have to do it quickly. It’s now or never.
This is the reason he needs to cut bait with Dawes and start Coleman and give Sanders more PT. If you are going to struggle with money your only currency is playing time and development as a freshman. You won’t attract any prospects if they don’t see a path to starting because of blind loyalty to upper class men.

I don't think it is a hot take at all to NOT want Richmond back. He is going to cost too much and if he comes back it is the status quo. Time to move on and build a new type of roster. People always over value what is their own. Also funny to hear posters say had Samuels come back we would ne an NCAA lock because how did that work out for us last year?

Reactions: shu09 and HallGuy23

How much money would you spend for this below average group?

Reactions: twapilot90
I’d imagine Davis has the thought of going to ND in his head for a round 2 with Tae and being back home.

Kadary when aggressive can be as good as he wants to be. But he's not there on every possession. For some reason he's timid to shoot the 3, but then drives into traffic. I don't think its worth trying to match offers for him. There's just something about Kadary running a smooth offense that's very off. He does rebound well for the pg position. Maybe people would be higher on him if other's shot well and finished. I'm more worried about Coleman getting plucked.

Reactions: HallGuy23
He can't make 3 pointers or long 2 pointers. His game is to drive to the hoop or stop and pop a mid to short range jumper.

If the veterans can't make this a winning season do we really want any of them back for more of the same next year? We were supposed to have this tremendous veteran back court. One of the best.

I would prefer we start with a fresh look and get more new faces involved in the rebuild. But I have no say in the matter. Probably a good thing. I would already be changing who is starting from here on out.

Reactions: shupat08
He can't make 3 pointers or long 2 pointers. His game is to drive to the hoop or stop and pop a mid to short range jumper.
Which is odd because he shot the 3 at a decent clip in the past but very hesitent now. Last season he shot 44%. Better than Al, so why not.

Reactions: chickenbox
You are correct. In past seasons Kadary as been a decent 3 point shooter. So why has he not shown the same this year especially when NBA scouts would love to see that? Maybe the 2 for 15 is an anomaly? I don't know what the issue is but if he could take and drain 3 pointers it would be a big plus the rest of the season for the team and his NBA propects.

Kadary when aggressive can be as good as he wants to be. But he's not there on every possession. For some reason he's timid to shoot the 3, but then drives into traffic. I don't think its worth trying to match offers for him. There's just something about Kadary running a smooth offense that's very off. He does rebound well for the pg position. Maybe people would be higher on him if other's shot well and finished. I'm more worried about Coleman getting plucked.
He's shooting about 14% from 3 so far this year. He's no way this bad - seems tight and reluctant to take the 3 when open. This isn't going to help him or us.

Which is odd because he shot the 3 at a decent clip in the past but very hesitent now. Last season he shot 44%. Better than Al, so why not.
Kadary took 36 threes last year. That's not a great sample size and when compared to his overall numbers that 44% looks like an outlier.

For his career he is at 34.6% on 127 attempts (in 97 games). Take out last year and he is a 30.7% three-point shooter. In his two full seasons at Seton Hall he has made 19 and 16 threes.

Plain and simple, he's not a three-point shooter and seems to understand that is a limitation to his game. He should be working on that in practice -- and I'd like to believe he does -- because it is the biggest thing that will prevent him from reaching his potential.

I don't think it is a hot take at all to NOT want Richmond back. He is going to cost too much and if he comes back it is the status quo. Time to move on and build a new type of roster. People always over value what is their own. Also funny to hear posters say had Samuels come back we would ne an NCAA lock because how did that work out for us last year?
Hard to say. We were in pretty good shape until Richmond and Davis got hurt

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT