ADVERTISEMENT

NY Football Giants

The D line actually got better once Kuhn was hurt.

Kuhn is OUT for tomorrow's game against the Falcons. So is OO again, unfortunately. Really want to see that kid rush the passer.

Should see much more of Bromley on the DL. He had a promising preseason. Hopefully an improvement. I also don't like seeing Jenkins at DE; think he's too slow. Better suited at DT at this stage.

Last edited:
The Giants don't have enough talent to be one of the better teams in the NFL and when you add in their continued run of losing key players to injury they become a mediocre team at best. One of the best WR's in the league has yet to see the field; their top defensive player is probably out for the year and even if he returns the seriousness of his injury is such that there are legitimate questions about how effective he will be; their top OL ( a weak unit ) is out till mid-season at best; their best linebacker , who is injury prone is hurt again and I could cite more examples of why this team doesn't have enough talent as the roster is now structured. Yet the biggest problem with this team as it relates to its talent level is that don't have enough impact players and that rests squarely on the GM .

Sooooo...who is projected to be the number one overall pick in next year's draft?

Wow...two of the worst-played and worst-managed fourth quarters in team history.

Wow...two of the worst-played and worst-managed fourth quarters in team history.
For sure! So most contracts can be rescinded within a 30-day period. Are we within that 30-day period and should they seriously consider rescinding Eli's 5-year extension. He was at the center of losing both games in the 4th quarter.

The delay of game coming out of a TO was unforgivable. And the way he was carrying the ball on that fumble and holding it for too long in the most crowded area of the field is not the move of a proven veteran.

The drops continue making the James Jones decision look even worse in Game 2 (we have a receiver named Randle but I'm not sure he was actually at the game yesterday).

Can basketball season start sooner please???

Absolutely unbelievable for a two-time Super Bowl winning MVP. Outrageous how poorly Manning has played in these 4th Quarters. He's supposed to be the guy the team leans on to lead on the field and following last week's brain cramp now we get a fumble and a delay of game?

Then on the last drive we get balls thrown too high and too low to OPEN receivers. Donnell's would've put them near the red zone down 4. Oy vey. Terrible.

All he had to do was play like a heady QB and the team's 2-0, IMO. Unreal.

Eli really is making the Giants look bad for giving him a new deal like that. Guy needs to get his head out of his ass. Not sure how much can be blamed on McAdoo, but when you lose a game like that yesterday, it's time for a serious sit down. Coughlin needs to show some leadership and get these guys on the same page; or someone has to go.

Yesterday was not on Eli. Receivers continue to drop passes, play calling was terrible, etc

I agree that the first two play calls of that drive when we could have iced the game were bad - up the middle and a 2-yard pass. Seemed like in the 2nd half we forgot about Beckham and then on the two key drives at the end we forgot about Vereen. Strange.

Vereen is a great weapon to have.

I think Coughlin needs to shake something up. Cut Parker or someone. Cannot have this nonsense tolerated. Maybe Tom's getting too soft, ironically.

The only reason to watch the Giants anymore is to see ODB make great catches and that's a sorry state of affairs for a diehard Giant fan.

Wild.

CPbZWrNVEAEVR0o.png

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...cable_breaking_down_all_the.html#incart_riverhttp://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...cable_breaking_down_all_the.html#incart_river

Was really trying hard the last few days to avoid seeing the pic of JPP's hand. Thanks Dan ;)

Is there really any point in maintaining any sort of dialog with him? There is no way he can perform after seeing that and the whole situation is just a distraction at this point. They have always been a class organization, but they are being loyal to a fault here IMO. The division is terrible, and with Romo and Bryant out for more than half the season it appears, it is still up for grabs as was mentioned. Fortunately, the Eagles look even worse. Watching them yesterday completely took the sting out of another terrible NYG collapse.

Giants cut Preson Parker today.

You just cannot accept repeated errors and, unfortunately, Parker KILLED that team in the first two weeks. Look at the field position and game circumstances. Something had to be done.

As for the rest of the team, I don't know. As the roster has turned over from the core that won the Super Bowls, Tom’s team has a mental problem. They are not sharp, they are not mentally tough. They’re not undisciplined, but just not sharp. Look at how this group has lost games the past two seasons. Think back to the collapses against the 49ers, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Jaguars last year. Almost carbon copies to the mental blunders of the first two weeks this year.

There are two types of losing teams: One is a team “in development” that learns how to win and establishes an identity. The other is a team of players who stink. We will know by the end of the year which is which here and if it’s the latter, Tom and Reese should both go.

Reactions: Section112
I lay much of the blame at the feet of Reese. He's created a roster that lacks any depth and is void of talent. When you have less talented players in roles they shouldn't be in, these type of mistakes happen. For example, Parker stinks, we know that. So he puts in Harris (who should solely be a special teams player) and he proceeds to blow the fourth down play in the red zone by failing to set himself. It keeps happening over and over again.

Reactions: its haLL baLL
Jets got Brandon Marshall for a 5th round pick. How much could we use a big receiver like him this year? Had Jones and cut him because of special teams? Special teams is important but Jones was better than your # 2 in Randle? The puzzling personell decisions just keep coming. Give him credit for Vereen and Ayers though. They are still pushing Damontre Moore and getting very little production. Lots of problems with Reese IMO. With all that the team could easily be 2-0 to start the year.

Good win last night.

Man, the Giants rely on a high number of UFA's, don't they? Off the top of my head it's Donnell, Unga, Whitlock, Wynn... Even Cruz, Fells, and Wing are veterans that were undrafted.

I guess it's both a credit to their scouting and a criticism of their drafting.

Good win last night.

Man, the Giants rely on a high number of UFA's, don't they? Off the top of my head it's Donnell, Unga, Whitlock, Wynn... Even Cruz, Fells, and Wing are veterans that were undrafted.

I guess it's both a credit to their scouting and a criticism of their drafting.
Good point. This is a good win although they sputtered again in the 4th quarter which is a concern. Randle looked good last night (at WR not on those onside kicks - lol). I hope they made the right decision developing him - if he can play well it will open things up for Odell and Cruz and give us another option to count on. I liked the fact that we got the TE's more involved last night like in the Dallas game too. That is huge for this offense and makes things tough on a D. Have to clean-up our play when we get close to the goal line and get TDs though. Against better teams we cannot settle for FGs all the time. Redskins looked improved and Gruden I think is a good coach. Their RBs are scary but our D line held their own against the run. Still need to find a way to pressure the passer more. I really think we benefitted from the short week (Coughlin and crew have an approach that works to get the team ready quickly). I'll take the win. Hoping with the longer layoff now we get some guys healthy and back for the next game vs the Bills (Cruz, Flowers, DRC and Beason at full speed).

Last edited:
Spags has an undermanned defense playing pretty well. They are flying around, playing the rush very well, and are looking for the ball. They're aggressive. I'm impressed at how they're playing the run; now 4th in the league in yards/rush. A welcomed sign after last year.

Need DRC and Ayers back desperately and the mix of Beason and Unga at MLB could be pretty good. Kennard is really emerging, too. I still think Odighizuwa at DE will be a good contributor to the line when he's healthy.

If they could only generate an average pass rush. That's a missing link. They have to bring pressure to get anything on the QB. You can see the difference it makes when they get some heat, it's just not nearly enough right now. They only have 3 sacks in 3 games and are 27th in sack %.

On offense, the line has played well IMO, despite constant shifts of linemen and missing Beatty and Flowers. That's why the run game is a bit inconsistent. The skill players have just been sloppy and of course the QB. Red Zone is a probably because of the sloppiness. Love the weapons though; adding Cruz to OBJ, Vereen, Randle, Donnell and the RB depth. If they can just tighten it up.

Last edited:
When you hit it right with an undrafted free agent it's pure luck because if you believed the player would be a starter and contributor you would have drafted him. It's just like drafting a player in the 30th round of the MLB draft who turns into an all-star. Reese has had way too many misses with his premium picks especially in the third and fourth rounds and his failure to sign those impact free agents.

Reese has had way too many misses with his premium picks especially in the third and fourth rounds and his failure to sign those impact free agents.

it's pretty crazy how bad they drafted in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Those three consecutive drafts hollowed out the team while the veteran core aged.

At this point in time whatever changed internally has seemingly led to improved recent drafts (2013, 2014, 2015). It's going to take another couple of years for those to firm up as the team's foundation though.

I think the Thursday games are ridiculous, but the 10-day break after them are huge for a team dealing with injuries to key players. Sounds like when the Giants kickoff in Buffalo next Sunday they'll do so with Flowers, Cruz, Ayers, Odighizhuwa, and Rodgers-Cromartie all in the lineup. Plus they got Beason back, so things are looking up.

Huge. Bills are dangerous, especially up there.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...optimistic_about_the_giants.html#incart_river

The Giants could be and should be 3-0 at this point. Having said that we can't really say this
is a very good team at this early point in the season. The Giants beat themselves with minor and major
mistakes. The defense is kind of improved and most of us have way more confidence in Spags as the
Defensive Coach. Can you imagine what he could do with some more impact players on the frontline?

I still don't believe they have conviction or confidence in the running game in the important moments or
on those very short 3rd down plays. A pro team has to be able to get those important yards especially
inside the 5 yardline. I really like Coughlin but to me this has been his shortcoming during his tenure. He hasn't
put his stamp on the offense when the Giants need a play, whether they're trying to protect a lead or in the redzone. It will also be interesting to see how Eli plays for the remainder of the season. His ingame focus
can drift although he has a very high football IQ. Obviously, you can win the whole ball of wax with Eli and
he has the ability to put up some nice numbers.

The division is not out of the question if the Eagles continue to flounder. The Giants must win the games
that they should, but MUST WIN the rematch against the Cowboys.

At some point they have to put it together or they're just another bad team with overrated talent. They should be 3-0 but they're too sloppy. It starts in Buffalo. There's the opportunity to prove something.

Has the way they've played give anyone confidence that they're a playoff team. Their glaring weaknesses in the secondary, their lack of a pass rush , their inability to run the ball , still a couple of weak spots on the OL and the continuing mental mistakes by a veteran QB certain suggest this is a flawed team. Then to top it off I just heard that they're bringing in Hakeem Nicks and Wes Welker for tryouts at the WR position, the one position going into this season which was allegedly a strength on this team.

Has the way they've played give anyone confidence that they're a playoff team. Their glaring weaknesses in the secondary, their lack of a pass rush , their inability to run the ball , still a couple of weak spots on the OL and the continuing mental mistakes by a veteran QB certain suggest this is a flawed team. Then to top it off I just heard that they're bringing in Hakeem Nicks and Wes Welker for tryouts at the WR position, the one position going into this season which was allegedly a strength on this team.

In this league with the continued deterioration quality of play because of the practicing, salary cap and so forth, yes, I do believe they have.

They're sloppy. Team should be 3-0.

Cruz pulled up lame again in practice. Looks like they may just need another WR.

I don't think the Giants have over rated talent at all. It's actually quite the opposite. Other than OBJ, who can even be considered to be a top ranked player at their position.

I don't think the Giants have over rated talent at all. It's actually quite the opposite. Other than OBJ, who can even be considered to be a top ranked player at their position.

I don't really look at football that way because you have different units contributing to the team. There are many teams with top talent at certain positions who do not perform well as a team and vice-versa.

The team is rebuilding. This is year 2 of that process. I think they're playing better than they did last year. I think there's some young talent being developed. Can they get over the hump?

I don't really look at football that way because you have different units contributing to the team. There are many teams with top talent at certain positions who do not perform well as a team and vice-versa.

The team is rebuilding. This is year 2 of that process. I think they're playing better than they did last year. I think there's some young talent being developed. Can they get over the hump?
Regardless of how good we really are, we still should be 3-0.

Regardless of how good we really are, we still should be 3-0.

Completely agree. Just have to tighten things up and improve in areas such as the pass rush and RZ offense.

The Giants are 4th in rushing defense (yards/carry), and their special teams have been great; lead the league in opponent starting field position and I think 4th in their own. Their offense is 6th in the league in getting into the RZ, yet the worst in TD%.

Welp, with both Fells and Cunningham out, cannot imagine the running game gets much life today.

Moose said it well on the telecast: Rex' team plays with emotion but without discipline. What a mess.

Great job by the Giants. Still some ugliness (missed XP, Eli's INT, the delay of games!), but overall a superb effort by everyone. Really beat the Bills at their own physical game and I thought Eli did a great job at the line. Another top running team shutdown too. Offensive line was great.

Man, Kerry Wynn looked like Justin Tuck today.

And props to Tom Coughlin and staff in managing a team with youth and unproven players everywhere. We talk about rebuilding and the team progressing and perhaps that's beginning now, especially with the quote by Weston Richburg linked below

They've played 4 games and have had 10+ point leads in the 4th Quarter in all of them. Would like to see better clock management though, including running.

Last edited:
Not only are Ryan's teams undisciplined but they don't seem to play smart football. The Giants ought to give the game ball to the Bills number 52 Brown for getting two crucial personal fouls in the fourth quarter. The Giant player I can see growing into a really good player is Kennard, who was drafted in the fifth round in 2014.

Last edited:
Not only are Ryan's teams undisciplined but they don't seem to play smart football. The Giants ought to give the game ball to the Bills number 52 Brown for getting two crucial personal fouls in the fourth quarter. The Giant player I can see growing into a really good player is Kennard, who we as drafted in the fifth round in 2014.

Ironically, it helped them. Otherwise the Giants are lining up for a chip-shot FG to go up 27-10 and instead Eli throws that pick at the goal line.

Agreed on Kennard. Showed great promise last year despite an injury-plagued rookie season. Those young offensive linemen drafted recently - Pugh, Richburg, Flowers - showed well today, too.

Ironically, it helped them. Otherwise the Giants are lining up for a chip-shot FG to go up 27-10 and instead Eli throws that pick at the goal line.

Agreed on Kennard. Showed great promise last year despite an injury-plagued rookie season. Those young offensive linemen drafted recently - Pugh, Richburg, Flowers - showed well today, too.
Eli can't throw that pick, but I hated the call. Run and kick and go up three scores.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT