ADVERTISEMENT

NYC lol

Meanwhile, in the real world, New York City crime statistics in 2023 show a precipitous decline from the prior year period, resuming a decades-long decline that was halted temporarily post-COVID lockdowns.

Leading all cities in cannabis consumption which you can easily smell walking on the street.

Meanwhile, in the real world, New York City crime statistics in 2023 show a precipitous decline from the prior year period, resuming a decades-long decline that was halted temporarily post-COVID lockdowns.

No one without a political agenda believes those manipulated reported “stats”

Crime is def up in NYC

No one without a political agenda believes those manipulated reported “stats”

Crime is def up in NYC
Honest question for you: why would the NYPD, out of anybody, manipulate crime statistics to make it seem like crime is going down? Surging crime would equal more funding.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Honest question for you: why would the NYPD, out of anybody, manipulate crime statistics to make it seem like crime is going down? Surging crime would equal more funding.

I think you can find the answer quite easily on why NYC is underreporting its crime stats. Plus turning a blind eye to many crimes that were enforced until recently

It’s only gonna get worse with the influx of migrants that are overwhelming social services.

That’s a bit of cherry picking on homicides only. Assaults, homeless, robberies, subway violence…and what about unreported crime?

I can see the decline. You can too.

That’s a bit of cherry picking on homicides only. Assaults, homeless, robberies, subway violence…and what about unreported crime?

I can see the decline. You can too.
There were drops in murder, rape, robbery, burglary, and grand larceny. Felony assault essentially unchanged but grand larceny auto up. Overall down about 6% from the prior year-to-date. It's all right there in the first link. How is that cherry picking?

There were drops in murder, rape, robbery, burglary, and grand larceny. Felony assault essentially unchanged but grand larceny auto up. Overall down about 6% from the prior year-to-date. It's all right there in the first link. How is that cherry picking?
https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/crime-statistics/historical.page

Total Felonies are up over the past five years. And the point is that it’s quality of life in general.

Are you denying that this free for all didn’t happen?

Even the NYC mayor acknowledges that there is a problem with drug use, homelessness and is begging for Federal help for the illegal aliens.

https://www.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/crime-statistics/historical.page

Total Felonies are up over the past five years. And the point is that it’s quality of life in general.

Are you denying that this free for all didn’t happen?

Even the NYC mayor acknowledges that there is a problem with drug use, homelessness and is begging for Federal help for the illegal aliens.
Like I said, it was a temporary increase after lockdowns ended that is reverting back to the decades-old trend of crime declining. If this data went back farther than 2000, or if it was presented per capita, the drop in crime would be even more steep.

The data bears this out. Don't you find it odd that we're using the same statistics and coming to different conclusions? The difference is that I'm looking at the big picture. Where was all the panic about widespread crime in New York City when it was more, you know, widespread?

This incident is just that - an incident. It doesn't prove that there is rampant crime in New York City, but it does allow the usual suspects to use it to perpetuate that narrative. The New York Post knows what kind of posts drive internet traffic.

"Even the NYC mayor acknowledges..." are you telling me that the guy who was in the NYPD ranks for more than two decades is advocating for more policing? I can't believe it!

Meanwhile....... down at the local convenience store....... thieves just walk out the door unopposed or shop owners take matters into their own hands

Reactions: HALL85
Like I said, it was a temporary increase after lockdowns ended that is reverting back to the decades-old trend of crime declining. If this data went back farther than 2000, or if it was presented per capita, the drop in crime would be even more steep.

The data bears this out. Don't you find it odd that we're using the same statistics and coming to different conclusions? The difference is that I'm looking at the big picture. Where was all the panic about widespread crime in New York City when it was more, you know, widespread?
You are the one who brought up crime. And you’re ignoring all of the other quality of life issues (drug use, homelessness, illegal immigration, bail reform, etc.)
This incident is just that - an incident. It doesn't prove that there is rampant crime in New York City, but it does allow the usual suspects to use it to perpetuate that narrative. The New York Post knows what kind of posts drive internet traffic.
I posted a CBS News link.
"Even the NYC mayor acknowledges..." are you telling me that the guy who was in the NYPD ranks for more than two decades is advocating for more policing? I can't believe it!
https://pix11.com/news/local-news/n...-nypd-quality-of-life-enforcement-initiative/

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/eric-adams-slams-ny-bail-reform-insane

You only needed to be in NYC even 10 years ago compared to today to realize that it's in a worse state. I imagine it's also hard to document the impact of not being able to actually charge criminals for many crimes that were previously charged as well as officers not even bothering because it's not worth the ultimately useless paperwork.

If lots of crimes are not being prosecuted, then they are not in the statistics and thereby crime is down. NYC has changed and not for the better. It's dirtier, more homeless folks are on the streets, petty crimes are not being recorded or policed. Police do not have the same ability as they did in the past to protect citizens. If you actually think NYC is better you have not spent much time there in the last few years.

Facts are not needed here please..

We had family visiting from Oregon last month and I was over to NYC several times. Must admit our trips during the day were great. Little Island, High Line, Bleeker street and Washington Square Park, Central Park, festivals etc...but night time for Broadway shows was fine going, (we took a cab) but then we decided to walk home through Times Square after the show. Times Square at 10:30 gave me the creeps, felt like I was in another country. I've traveled to many countries and also have a keen sense of smelling danger, let's just say I will not be back at night walking through Times Square. Take a cab, go to a game at MSG but will not walk around again especially not with 3 women. Side note, it did appear safe for folks coming from the suburbs of Portland.

I will also add I went to dinner in Jersey City last night and encountered a crazy guy screaming, throwing and smashing glass bottles on the street. Had to run into a bar and take cover no joke. Fully expected to take a glass bottle to the head. I will take the Jersey shore anytime! We live in a world where you need to be aware of your surroundings 24/7.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
What a great place to be, nyc

This is just awful.

Crime is primarily a local issue, so if a city chooses not to address all of the underlying issues (support law enforcement, bail reform, enforcement, etc,) it’s up to the electorate to decide.

Despite some of the people who think NYC is fine, it’s not. I doubt the parents of those kids care about “statistics”.

It doesn’t hit my radar. If people in NYC are fine with it; that’s fine by me. Mostly concerned with where I or where my children live.

When I watched that video it also reminded me of the Jason Aldean hit…

Last edited:
Interesting how the headline did not say it was a 33-year-old black man hitting a 23-year-old white man.

Had it been the other way around I'm sure the the adjectives would have been added.

Reactions: shu09
Quotation-Samuel-Adams-It-is-in-the-interest-of-tyrants-to-reduce-the-87-61-76.jpg

Man what a cesspool.

It’s not even shocking news anymore in nyc.
A child murdering another.

Tragic for sure...eltingville is on the south end of Staten Island. Joe Borelli represents that spot on the nyc council.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT