ADVERTISEMENT

Odds and ends

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
I have not been able to reach a source who was going to be on campus last week to watch the players. I'll keep trying.

In the meantime I did talk to someone who was able to watch a couple of our players go through individuals with Willard.

Remember, this is just individuals, so although they are a major benefit to the players it's hard for the average fan (my source played college ball) to get a lot of info from them. Especially when the source is not solely concentrating on them.

Mamu.

He said he's a legit 6-10 maybe even taller. Mobile and wiry strong with a body type beyond his age. Meaning he's already well built and has a body then can easily add weight.

Gill.

Very athletic for a big man. His offense is very raw and the sit out year will greatly benefit him.

In defensive drills he was trying to block everything inside and caused the offensive players fits under the basket. Said he had to learn when to challenge and when not to.

Walker.

Was very impressed with him as he had never seen Walker in person before. A flashy, really quick competitor. But he did say he looked like a little boy on the court. Estimated his height around 5-10 and maybe 150 pounds. Said he has to get stronger to compete at a Big East level although the talent is there.

Would have liked to watch him play full court in pick up games but that didn't happen while he was there.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News