ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Need prayers for families impacted by tragedy

The point is that there are millions of law abiding AR owners. There's probably something like 100 crazies out there who have used an AR in a mass shooting crime, people want to trample on the law abiding millions.

If you follow that logic then you should also trample on cars, kitchen knives, household chemicals used to make bombs, Budget truck rentals, Tylenol, gasoline, matches, and a host of other things that sick people use to kill other people.
Exactly and it leads us back to dealing with mental health and criminals. We know where and how gun violence occurs. And it’s not with law abiding citizens.

Exactly and it leads us back to dealing with mental health and criminals. We know where and how gun violence occurs. And it’s not with law abiding citizens.
wasnt the latest shooting from law abiding citizens?

im just saying that people mental health issues are all law abiding citizens until they snap.
His parents were anything but responsible even before purchasing that gun. So what’s your solution? You were all about the “assault weapon”, and now you’ve deflected.

A mentally disturbed kid with irresponsible parents shoots people with a handgun and your solution is to take away the rifles of millions of law abiding and responsible owners.

A mentally disturbed kid with irresponsible parents shoots people with a handgun and your solution is to take away the rifles of millions of law abiding and responsible owners.
Some people are irresponsible with alcohol and marijuana too. We probably should eliminate those from society too. They’re all law abiding citizens until they get behind the wheel and do damage.

His parents were anything but responsible even before purchasing that gun. So what’s your solution? You were all about the “assault weapon”, and now you’ve deflected.
this is separate things im addressing. i guess you equate law abiding and responsible as the same

So what’s your solution?
id need to analyze a lot of things before having a solution. including how many instances of self defense with assault weapons, outcomes, preventable cases, mental health cause, legislature, etc.

i dont think the right to bare arms today applies the same way that the forefathers meant it to

id need to analyze a lot of things before having a solution. including how many instances of self defense with assault weapons, outcomes, preventable cases, mental health cause, legislature, etc.

i dont think the right to bare arms today applies the same way that the forefathers meant it to
Go ahead and analyze….we’ll be waiting for you.

I agree. Until our wonderfully productive congress changes the constitution, it is the law of the land.

• Haha
Reactions: SHUSA
The thing with the mass shooting is that the press likes them because it creates news.

There were four people killed in the Oxford High School shooting. It receive tremendous press coverage.

9 people are killed in Chicago in one week and you hear little about it.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-homicide-rate-2021-record-20211123.html

All time record for Philly....all time! And the sad part is that the casualties are almost exclusively all minority (and committed by minorities). This gets air time on the local Philly stations, but most of the politicians are in denial, much less care about fixing the problem.
its all north and west philly. lots gang related. center city, while has some crime ex:
jewelry theif, is pretty safe. weve been fine.

these homicides are in gang territory and btw they do indeed lead the nightly news. when shootings happen outside of gang land it goes national

its all north and west philly. lots gang related. center city, while has some crime ex:
jewelry theif, is pretty safe. weve been fine.

these homicides are in gang territory and btw they do indeed lead the nightly news. when shootings happen outside of gang land it goes national
So the people in those neighborhood count the same. No place for a child to grow up.

it looks like the ATV and motorcycle craziness is happening in Center city.

Glad you’re OK. One of my neighbors sons lives in Center City and works for an investment firm. He said the quality of life and emptiness downtown is very noticeable.

Expect the solution when that other guy gives the health care solutions

Reactions: HALL85
So the people in those neighborhood count the same. No place for a child to grow up.

Glad you’re OK. One of my neighbors sons lives in Center City and works for an investment firm. He said the quality of life and emptiness downtown is very noticeable.
Philadelphia has been a shit hole (debatable) and their government is not improving the current situation (not debatable)

atv and motorcycle craziness is much less than a year ago. went almost silent, now a few are back

emptiness in downtown re: https://6abc.com/center-city-philadelphia-business-philly-holiday-market-christmas-village/11286278/

office culture is down everywhere with WFH. not because of crime. and that part of town is always a ghost town after work. its equivalent to wall street.

people in philly are a bit more resiliant though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT