ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Shore Conference news

Seton75

Beyond All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
King Rice's son, who was a terrific player for Bob Hurley will transfer to Mater Dei. Any hoops fan from the shore knows how crazy this is, but MD and Ranney will dominate the Shore Conference and be contenders for the Non Public B crown, a division ten times tougher than any other in the state. Since Ben Gamble is MD's coach, I hoped he would get one of the SA kids.

Ranney added the big kid who is under Dehere's care, Savior..., to go with their dynamic duo. MD is two time defending SC champ. Ranney has two top 25 talents. CBA fans have to be apoplectic...

I never seem to hear about CBA anymore. Have they fallen on harder times, or am I just paying less attention? Is Geoff Billet still coaching there?

I never seem to hear about CBA anymore. Have they fallen on harder times, or am I just paying less attention? Is Geoff Billet still coaching there?
Billet is still there, but the program has not been dominant as it once was. Three years ago they played Rumson in the Shore Conf finals. They had something like a 15 pt lead at halftime, and scored about 5 pts in the second half as Rumson smoked them. They were always the major option for kids who wanted to play ball at a higher level than regular HS. Now there are other options. I do hear their underclassmen are good.

Reactions: SHUSource
It just never occurred to me until you mentioned CBA, and I was like, "Oh, yeah ... them." I can't remember the last time they produced a D-I player (or else, I haven't been paying attention).

It will be fun to watch MD and Ranney play each other. Hopefully the Shore Conference steps in and provides some scheduling assistance. Schools like Henry Hudson, Keyport and Keansburg don't deserve to endure the beat downs they've been given the last few seasons by Ranney and MD.

Complete different level of basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT