ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 aims to supplant the Big East as a basketball power.

CL82

All American
Oct 31, 2002

The Pac-12 is banking on Gonzaga improving its basketball product as it goes to market. The conference is aiming to solidify itself as the top multi-bid conference outside the power structure with eyes on supplanting the Big East as a power. The conference projects six of its members as Quad 1 programs. The new programs could land the Pac-12 an average of five teams in the NCAA Tournament each year, according to previous regular-season results.

Good luck with that. :D

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Remember them saying they would be adding the teams swiftly.
Now they have ‘paused’.
LOL
Sorry, Gonzaga, post Mark Few, wouldn’t be a worthy of any marketable conference.

I’m not sure how you “supplant” a conference as a power if said conference is still a power. Wouldn’t you just hoping that you yourself could become a power?

Anyway I’m not sure if that quote can be attributed to a Pac12 rep or just this Brandon guy from cbssports.

The Pac-12 is banking on Gonzaga improving its basketball product as it goes to market. The conference is aiming to solidify itself as the top multi-bid conference outside the power structure with eyes on supplanting the Big East as a power. The conference projects six of its members as Quad 1 programs. The new programs could land the Pac-12 an average of five teams in the NCAA Tournament each year, according to previous regular-season results.

Good luck with that. :D
"Basketball media rights are expected to rise in the near future. The Big 12 is considering selling its football and basketball packages as separate television deals in 2030. Commissioner Brett Yormark believes the conference has positioned itself into consideration as the strongest basketball product in the country after 70% of its members reached the NCAA men's basketball tournament last season."

I read this and thought...."Did the Big East jump too soon into a new deal?"

Not saying it is so.....just throwing it out there, seeing as the last thing the league can do is to miss out on a bigger payday

"Basketball media rights are expected to rise in the near future. The Big 12 is considering selling its football and basketball packages as separate television deals in 2030. Commissioner Brett Yormark believes the conference has positioned itself into consideration as the strongest basketball product in the country after 70% of its members reached the NCAA men's basketball tournament last season."

Not saying it is so.....just throwing it out there, seeing as the last thing the league can do is to miss out on a bigger payday
What was the Big East to do, the original media contract ends after this season?

The next deal may be a better one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT