ADVERTISEMENT

Passing of another Pirate Fan

ShuBall

Senior
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2001
It is with true sadness to report that the Seton Hall family lost a great Pirate Fan this morning as my mom Susan Spadavecchia passed away at 83. My mom and dad (Frank) have attended countless Pirate games and Booster Club trips over the years. SHU basketball was her favorite team ahead of the Yankees. My mom’s favorite Pirate was Ike Obiagu and her favorite Yank was Mickey Mantle. My dad is doing okay with dealing this loss. We will miss her dearly.

It is with true sadness to report that the Seton Hall family lost a great Pirate Fan this morning as my mom Susan Spadavecchia passed away at 83. My mom and dad (Frank) have attended countless Pirate games and Booster Club trips over the years. SHU basketball was her favorite team ahead of the Yankees. My mom’s favorite Pirate was Ike Obiagu and her favorite Yank was Mickey Mantle. My dad is doing okay with dealing this loss. We will miss her dearly.
So sorry to hear of your loss. Our program is lucky to be blessed with fans such as your parents.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I recall your folks from those trips. I haven't been on one in a pretty long while, but when I started going, maybe 20 years ago, your mom (and your dad) were some of the friendliest, most welcoming people to a new face. I always appreciated it, and I'm so sorry she's gone.
Thanks - I will pass all of these messages along to my Dad as he does not get on the computer much these days let alone this Piratecrew message board. Although he is constantly asking me for recruiting updates.

Mother Seton pray for her.

Prayers for your mom and family.

So very sorry to hear this. The Spadavecchia family is the happiest, friendliest family you could ever meet and we were honored to be with them on Booster Club trips. Susan was a rock and will really be missed by all.

Condolences and prayers to this wonderful family.

Very sorry for your loss. 💙🏴‍☠️

Condolences to you and your family

I'm sorry to hear this. Your mother is a beautiful woman and dad is fun,
always taking pictures, especially on trips. They both shared and meant a lot
to the booster club. Condolences.

Thank you everyone for all these responses I let my Dad read this thread and he was absolutely blown away and touched by the caring and support. It totally lifted his spirits as he deals with the loss of his wife for over 60 years. Thank you all again. He said SHU is like family.

Reactions: Halldan1
Going through this week what you are going through. I feel your pain and just want to wish that Susan finds eternal peace.

Reactions: walshtrips
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT