ADVERTISEMENT

Photo Ops?

It's not like Brownsville hasn't had significant border issues though. They decaled an emergency last year because of the surge there.

He can certainly spin his visit as "this is what worked for them, lets let sure the others have the resources they need to do it by passing the senate bill"

How is Trump going to spin his - "look at this disaster, don't do anything about it though because that might hurt my chances in November"

That said, I would agree with you that Biden should visit a place that is dealing with the issue today.

It's not like Brownsville hasn't had significant border issues though. They decaled an emergency last year because of the surge there.

He can certainly spin his visit as "this is what worked for them, lets let sure the others have the resources they need to do it by passing the senate bill"

How is Trump going to spin his - "look at this disaster, don't do anything about it though because that might hurt my chances in November"

That said, I would agree with you that Biden should visit a place that is dealing with the issue today.
Yup, it's about optics. Trump wants to have a photo op in one of the worst areas to make his point to his base. Biden wants to show that things are under control and avoid confrontation.

IMO most of the public is frustrated with both sides. The guy who is the real hero and should get credit is Abbott as this would never have had the national attention without him bussing the migrants to the sanctuary cities.

Reactions: Merge
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT