ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino unplugged and unhinged

His blow by in the handshake with Holloway says everything you need to know.

The young buck kicked his ass, twice.

I didn’t see that. I thought they were friendly? Just Pitino upset at the loss(es) 😁 ….. or something else there?

Reactions: MBF72
Not sure if I have ever seen a college coach make those type of comments.

I get $$ talks, but if you’re looking at similar deals….why play for a guy who throws his players under the bus like this?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
he got the 2 of the best available Ivy League transgers.. they just didn’t pan out. The jump is too much. We saw Bryce Aiken struggles in year 1 very similar to Dingle’s season

Mike chimes in…

200.gif

Honestly who wants to deal with NIL and the portal. He's a legend and doesn't need to stick around for this.

Rick has it a lot better than most folks in his situation. He's got the vitamin water-boy. He got many of the players he wanted, and ran off the ones that he didn't. The problem is that he evaluated his talent and built his roster incorrectly. And so he is pissed off and now taking it out on his players.

And for sure he's a legend, but he's also a star that crashed and burned in disgrace. He fought tooth and nail to get back to a power 6 program. He desperately wants to make the final chapter of his career a positive one. But he has a limited amount of time left in coaching. He is 73, and once you get to that age your coaching career (and your life) is year-by-year. Faced with that reality, he is publicly spilling his guts to the media because he realizes that he has now all but blown year 1.

I was at the game—early in the first half Pitino was whining emphatically to a ref about Sha being well out of the coaches box (which he was)-shortly after that Sha was giving it to the ref about Pitino doing the same thing. Surely some gamesmanship going on there.

The St. John’s student section was riding the hall bench the entire game. So much so, that at the end of the handshake line, Sha doubled back to the student section and cupped his hand to his ear while pointing at the student section.

Such a fun game to be at to see Sha whip Pitinos ass.

Clearly no love loss between the coaches

The St. John’s student section was riding the hall bench the entire game. So much so, that at the end of the handshake line, Sha doubled back to the student section and cupped his hand to his ear while pointing at the student section.
I wish I could’ve seen that. So New York of Sha, gotta love the guy. He’s a top-tier coach who believes in his team and is willing to do whatever for them. He’s hated SJU since 96’, why stop now

I was at the game—early in the first half Pitino was whining emphatically to a ref about Sha being well out of the coaches box (which he was)-shortly after that Sha was giving it to the ref about Pitino doing the same thing. Surely some gamesmanship going on there.

Such a fun game to be at to see Sha whip Pitinos ass.

Clearly no love loss between the coaches
That’s not true. Sha and Pitino have a positive history. But both want to win.

Reactions: SHUSource
he got the 2 of the best available Ivy League transgers.. they just didn’t pan out. The jump is too much. We saw Bryce Aiken struggles in year 1 very similar to Dingle’s season
Again a majority of 3rd 4th year and transfer players can come from lower/lesser conf and be competitive as a player and to team value in all major conf leagues.

This will be the worst verison of st johns that will be seen in pitino era...

They coughed up a 19 point lead and had tremendous droughts on offense...jenkins is their best and most important player...rest of the rentals didn't mesh together...they are a terrible half court defense team

Reactions: TomD82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT