ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino unplugged and unhinged

If I'm competing against SJU for a transfer, I show Rick's comments on a loop.
Exactly! Pitino basically kicked everyone to the curb and hand picked just about everyone he has now. I hope all of the kids he tossed make some sort of postseason (NCAA or NIT) while the Johnnies sit home.

Rick has 5 winnable games left. As the bubble losses keep piling up across the country, SJU has a strong NET and the BET. I don’t think they are very good, but the seasons not officially lost yet

Reactions: radecicco
Sports center clip on game and Pitino comments. Wonder if he apologizes. Probably not.

Exactly! Pitino basically kicked everyone to the curb and hand picked just about everyone he has now. I hope all of the kids he tossed make some sort of postseason (NCAA or NIT) while the Johnnies sit home.
He said it in the interview that he didn’t have time to recruit the players he would have add basically slapped this team together. Recruiting is fine over time not in 6 month. Next year will be more of a true gauge. He probably has indications from players he’s going to get commitments from and this is to open spots. I hear it all the time on this board spots work themselves out. He seems to be helping that along. In World normally have said in the past it was inappropriate to say this any college athletes. No more, they are now paid professionals. It’s a cutthroat world where you are paid for your production or you’re fired. That’s what this is.

He said it in the interview that he didn’t have time to recruit the players he would have add basically slapped this team together. Recruiting is fine over time not in 6 month. Next year will be more of a true gauge. He probably has indications from players he’s going to get commitments from and this is to open spots. I hear it all the time on this board spots work themselves out. He seems to be helping that along. In World normally have said in the past it was inappropriate to say this any college athletes. No more, they are now paid professionals. It’s a cutthroat world where you are paid for your production or you’re fired. That’s what this is.
You seriously don't think that he was putting out feelers when he was the coach of iona in january and february? we all knew he was going to saint john's.

You seriously don't think that he was putting out feelers when he was the coach of iona in january and february? we all knew he was going to saint john's.
You don’t start recruiting for your new gig until the contract is signed. He was coaching at a different level. If he was coaching say an SEC or ACC team and cans over that would translate. Iona to SJU doesn’t translate.

You don’t start recruiting for your new gig until the contract is signed. He was coaching at a different level. If he was coaching say an SEC or ACC team and cans over that would translate. Iona to SJU doesn’t translate.
Sure. Other than the one guard he brought from Iona and the other one he wanted that went to Florida.

I am sure Pitino had no feelers out before he signed his contract. No conduits to players?

K, Wright, and Boehiem had no second thoughts getting out
Mmm, Boeheim wanted to coach longer. It was just that Syracuse got tired of waiting for him to retire. In the postseason planning meeting the A.D. was like...

Go Season 2 GIF by SHOWTIME

Reactions: SHUSource
His blow by in the handshake with Holloway says everything you need to know.

The young buck kicked his ass, twice.
Watching it live in the arena, Pitino waited several seconds for Sha to meet him. Sha was out on the court (maybe when he was trash talking the SJ student section, which I did not see). Rick was already at our bench when Sha finally got to him.

Watching on TV later, their interaction seemed cordial if brief. FS1 twice showed the clip of Sha fussing with Pitino's tie prior to the game. Looks like they have a good relationship.

I also noticed Pitino had a nice chat with Rasheen Davis when he came to the floor prior to the start of the game.

Reactions: chickenbox
Watching it live in the arena, Pitino waited several seconds for Sha to meet him. Sha was out on the court (maybe when he was trash talking the SJ student section, which I did not see). Rick was already at our bench when Sha finally got to him.

Watching on TV later, their interaction seemed cordial if brief. FS1 twice showed the clip of Sha fussing with Pitino's tie prior to the game. Looks like they have a good relationship.

I also noticed Pitino had a nice chat with Rasheen Davis when he came to the floor prior to the start of the game.
It was always my impression that Sha and Slick Rick had a very good if not close relationship. Nothing Pitino did yesterday makes me think any different of it … or him.

It was always my impression that Sha and Slick Rick had a very good if not close relationship. Nothing Pitino did yesterday makes me think any different of it … or him.
I think you’re right. Nothing in the handshake line was out of the ordinary in a disappointing loss. The presser is another matter all together. Maybe it’s his way of motivating his team. Or taking the pressure off of them. Strange if it is but he’s complicated enough to play it that way.

I think Rick has always spoken highly of Shaheen.

I do believe he was disappointed that Shaheen opted not to return the MSG game against Iona as was originally planned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT