ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino

DrummerJerry

Recruit
Jan 22, 2022
Is it OK if I say that I can’t stand the sight of that man? They just showed him in the huddle during a time out and he was sitting in the chair with his legs crossed! I hate to admit it but I really want UConn to humiliate St John’s.

Is it OK if I say that I can’t stand the sight of that man? They just showed him in the huddle during a time out and he was sitting in the chair with his legs crossed! I hate to admit it but I really want UConn to humiliate St John’s.
Uconn will win this game by 20+, but great first half to watch, and you can boil an egg on the Garden floor right now. For a 5:30 start it’s the normal BE tourney juice times 50. Pitino already got t’ed up by Breeding and Hurley already got t’ed up for fighting with a fan. I think this is the third fan base Hurley has tried to fight this year lol.

I felt that way until these UConn fans started pissing me off! Now I’ve switched over to Team Rick.

If/when he starts recruiting they will be a problem..can still coach circles around basically anyone..that includes DH

Reactions: PirateFan94
If/when he starts recruiting they will be a problem..can still coach circles around basically anyone..that includes DH
He has a stud prep in wilcher that could not get real time this year. Jenkins is flat out stellar. He went with transfer portal and this group did not have enough healthy time together. I think in a win and advance aspect pitino is as dangerous as any coach there is. Pitino sins were ego, arrogance, he is better legacy than wooden had he stayed at UK

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
St. John’s played very well today. Would have beat most teams. Uconn is just another level right now. IMO. Solid favorites to win it all again. Uconn and Houston are two teams playing great.
They have nothing to hang their heads about with that performance. Who knows what the Committee considers, but anyone watching that game with their results and metrics is going to put them in the dance.

Reactions: Jerry1992
He has a stud prep in wilcher that could not get real time this year. Jenkins is flat out stellar. He went with transfer portal and this group did not have enough healthy time together. I think in a win and advance aspect pitino is as dangerous as any coach there is. Pitino sins were ego, arrogance, he is better legacy than wooden had he stayed at UK
I guess I just wish that Sha had Pitino’s experience and recruiting mojo without the attitude (and bad hair dye job)

Will we ever have a big like Igodoro or Kligan or are we just going to eternally settle for marginal players and street ballers with little BB IQ??
Bediako was serviceable but not much more. Same with Ike and Samuel previously and now Hutchins-Everett. Yetna was useless last year.
Tubek? Can’t even get minutes. Osdrogen? Seriously? Might as well put a ladder on the court for practices.

Reactions: CaptBob and shu09
Hurley and Pitino have quickly become the most hated coaches in conf. Followed closely by Miller and to a lesser extent Cooley.

Fanta did a segment with Calhoun and Pitino. It was great. They both out and out said they did not like each other, but they respected each other. Both were perfectly fine with that.

Calhoun said that Pitino was the best guy he had coached against for in game adjustments. He talked about how Pitino started out with soft pressure in your game which he said was intended to make you guys feel comfortable that you could handle the pressure, but then selectively stepped it up. As he's walking through it Pitino is looking over, smiling and nodding.

Pitino is epically sleazy and definitely annoying but there's no doubt the guy can coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: jack 1970 and LBP43
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT