ADVERTISEMENT

"Players acting like they're in the NBA and taking off past few days"

Wash, rinse, repeat. For two seasons now this is the common take when we lose badly and I’m still it sure what this means. They go to trainers and say they need off?

Reactions: Abbo71
Players don’t want to practice hard. That translates to lack of effort during game. That is my guess.

Last edited:
Yup. I could get lambasted for saying this, but I very much look forward to turning the page with Kadary. He’s a gifted player who just doesn’t put in enough effort and relies solely on talent.

It isn’t enough.

And what’s worse is he is supposed to be the leader and the guy his teammates defer to.

As great as some games of his have been, he’s too mercurial and inexplicably takes games off.

SHU has to have players that play with a killer instinct. Richmond is not that

Good luck trying out for nba teams w those slow feet on defense and abysmal 3 pt shooting

Yup. I could get lambasted for saying this, but I very much look forward to turning the page with Kadary. He’s a gifted player who just doesn’t put in enough effort and relies solely on talent.

It isn’t enough.

And what’s worse is he is supposed to be the leader and the guy his teammates defer to.

As great as some games of his have been, he’s too mercurial and inexplicably takes games off.

I said it before in another thread and got blasted for it but maybe Boeheim was right about Richmond.

Reactions: mountain25
Man media really doesn’t like Sha…if he were to ever get on the hot seat they will pot shot him relentlessly

I said it before in another thread and got blasted for it but maybe Boeheim was right about Richmond.
He wasn't, but Richmond remains in that "good player" category instead of superstar. To his credit he was trending towards the later before whatever happened to him took away his assertiveness. Whether that's mental or physical I have no idea.

Man media really doesn’t like Sha…if he were to ever get on the hot seat they will pot shot him relentlessly
Sha's the right man for the job. Hate to project out like this but this looks like Willard's year 2 all over again. Eventually you run out of gas when you're running with 6 guys and you’re calling card is hard nosed defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnsly
He wasn't, but Richmond remains in that "good player" category instead of superstar. To his credit he was trending towards the later before whatever happened to him took away his assertiveness. Whether that's mental or physical I have no idea.
Or maybe defenses have adjusted to Richmond’s game.

Reactions: garyshu71

It isn’t enough.

I think the killer instinct point is fair. The idea that he only relies on talent is not. Talent alone doesn’t just get you from an outcast at Syracuse to where he is today, which is an all-BE player. Despite playing for three coaches in three years, he’s gotten materially better each year, to the point where when he went out this team went straight into a tailspin. I sure as hell am not looking forward to him probably not being here next year, and I shudder to think where this team would be without him. Certainly not an NCAA tournament contender and probably not an NIT team either.

Reactions: LBP43 and SOpirate
He’s a highly skilled player that does many things. But to be the best you gotta work like it. He seemed to do that last offseason.

its crazy we're even in this position to compete for ncaa. he needs to be coach of the year every night to try and get this group of players to even focus, let alone win. its happened, we have two top 5 wins. but when its not all together it gets almost impossible. these players just dont have it upstairs. and its really hard to get the right guys with no money.

Reactions: Abbo71
Sha does not seem like the kinda guy who would tolerate that one bit. He does seem like the kinda guy who shut that kind of behavior down immediately. So why is he allowing this to become a problem in the first place? This should be a wake up call for everyone, not just the
Blame to spare

Reactions: Abbo71 and LBP43
I said it before in another thread and got blasted for it but maybe Boeheim was right about

I think the killer instinct point is fair. The idea that he only relies on talent is not. Talent alone doesn’t just get you from an outcast at Syracuse to where he is today, which is an all-BE player. Despite playing for three coaches in three years, he’s gotten materially better each year, to the point where when he went out this team went straight into a tailspin. I sure as hell am not looking forward to him probably not being here next year, and I shudder to think where this team would be without him. Certainly not an NCAA tournament contender and probably not an NIT team either.
Totally agree with you on this. Kadary has been in conversations for BE POY and an off game does not negate all the good.
We need to rebound fast and take care of business at home.

The guy was an animal vs. Creighton and almost helped us pull it out after being hurt in the St. John's game. It was a game we should have won.

He is one of just two players in Division I to have posted six games of 20-plus points, 5-plus rebounds and 5-plus assists this season.

Please, Nova fans calling for Neptune's head and they have a losing record in the BE. This loss was a big stinker, but does not negate the good body of work we have had.

Let's support the guys and hope we get back home and right the ship.

Last edited:
There are actually many players who have immense talent and have gotten to where Kadary is. They might not have worn SHU blue, but there are a host of players just like this.

There are things Richmond does remarkably well. He can affect the game in a myriad of ways.

When he wants to.

There are different ways to look at this. Your point is the most obvious one and is fair. But I do not agree with what this team would look like without him. For one thing, the team relies on him too much and they look lost without him.

His usage rate is through the charts but that’s what he wanted before the season started. We heard about this behind the scenes as he didn’t want a high level point guard to split the load with. So we have what we have and we go as Kadary goes.

And that’s how it’s gonna play out this season.

But I believe that Sha understands more of the team approach and sharing the ball. Maybe I’m being fooled, but I believe Sha when he says they don’t run plays or the offense on what he asks for and I think he’ll get in players that’ll do that in the future.

The team won’t be a make or break based on one player.

But that’s me.

Is it possible that Nova, if motivated, is an extraordinarily good defensive team? They made Providence look awful too.

So maybe guys arent being lazy but just got stymied defensively and then got frustrated.

Our game plan stunk. Dixon and Hart are so slow in their moves to the basket. When doing that we should have collapsed on them so strong they couldnt even pass. But we didnt do that, apparently not part of the game plan.

Coaching staff needs to take some responsibility too.

Need to learn and move on.

Turnovers are a huge problem. Is that being addressed?

There are actually many players who have immense talent and have gotten to where Kadary is. They might not have worn SHU blue, but there are a host of players just like this.

There are things Richmond does remarkably well. He can affect the game in a myriad of ways.

When he wants to.

There are different ways to look at this. Your point is the most obvious one and is fair. But I do not agree with what this team would look like without him. For one thing, the team relies on him too much and they look lost without him.

His usage rate is through the charts but that’s what he wanted before the season started. We heard about this behind the scenes as he didn’t want a high level point guard to split the load with. So we have what we have and we go as Kadary goes.

But I believe that Sha understands more of the team approach and sharing the ball. Maybe I’m being fooled, but I believe Sha when he says they don’t run plays or the offense on what he asks for and I think he’ll get in players that’ll do that in the future.

But that’s me.
its tough for a coach for a team like shu now. he HAS to find talent some how in the NIL environment. you gotta balance getting your type of players with getting some semblance of talent. beggars cant be choosers now more than ever.

i think these guys were early tenure transfer talent that clearly dont have it in them to play the right way for a consistent amount of games. nova threw zones and doubles at them all game and they went blank

So maybe guys arent being lazy but just got stymied defensively and then got frustrated.

Our game plan stunk. Dixon and Hart are so slow in their moves to the basket. When doing that we should have collapsed on them so strong they couldnt even pass. But we didnt do that, apparently not part of the game plan.

Coaching staff needs to take some responsibility too.

Need to learn and move on.

Turnovers are a huge problem. Is that being addressed?
unfortunately i dont think there is a game plan for a zone for this team. not only did nova play zone, they doubled the richmond and sometimes dawes and felt confident about the letting the other guys do nothing. adding the fact richmond got in foul trouble early and it was a recipe for disaster. i would play d like that vs us every time.

it was exacerbated again by the fact they could set up in the zone every trip because they couldnt miss. we didnt play the best d, but nova also just shot fantastic. our guys were overplaying every shot and it opened up so much more for them. recipe for a death spiral.

its like losing your big pieces in chess and trying to survive.

Nova packed it in on defense and wanted to take the dribble drive away. Only way to combat that is to knock down outside shots. We were atrocious from 3 today. Bench continues to provide little outside of Coleman.

Move was desperate and perhaps we weren’t comfortable seeing our male in the dance and winning the last two.

When he wants to.

But that’s me.
We've seen what this team looks like without Richmond and it isn't very pretty.

What the future looks like without Richmond? We don't know because we have little idea what the roster actually looks like going forward.

Excluding Dawes and Bediako, who have already been replaced, I'd be surprised if at least a third of the roster doesn't move on.

Need 6'10" Davis types. LOTS of them but will take 3 Hausen types. Hey Sha, D is important BUT don't you need guys who put the ball in the basket? Get 20 pounds off Elijah H E and you will have a good start to next season.

Sha does not seem like the kinda guy who would tolerate that one bit. He does seem like the kinda guy who shut that kind of behavior down immediately. So why is he allowing this to become a problem in the first place? This should be a wake up call for everyone, not just the players.
Because in today structure the players run the show. The threat of transfer is a problem for these coaches never mind the NIL deals
Player doesn’t want to practice (even though he has been paid) then he goes to trainer who needs to watch his/ her back and they give the medical support to sit out.

KR had soreness and missed 2 games Hopefully he gave 2 games worth of NIL back

College sports is ruined by transfer rules and collectives

We've seen what this team looks like without Richmond and it isn't very pretty.

What the future looks like without Richmond? We don't know because we have little idea what the roster actually looks like going forward.

Excluding Dawes and Bediako, who have already been replaced, I'd be surprised if at least a third of the roster doesn't move on.
But we say that every year. What happens when IW leaves? What happens when the trio of Delgado, Desi and KC leave? What happens when Powell leaves? Mamu? Etc.

I want to see what Sha can get with his own guys he recruits. I realize that’s NIL dependent, but I look forward to it.

Could be we really miss Kadary. He’s borderline first team All Big East this year so far.

But I have a hunch things will be more team oriented and cohesive after this season.

By the way—I’m in no way saying this is his fault or doing. It’s who he is and he’s really good. I just think that as a team they’ll be ok after this year because they’re too reliant on him.

So I don’t disagree. It’s how the roster is constructed. But my point isn’t about this season as the team chemistry is already made and it’s dependent on Richmond

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT