ADVERTISEMENT

Political Clutter

SHallguy2

All Big East
Nov 11, 2009
The election is behind us, but the plastic corrugated signs with the rusting metal frames are still littering our roadways, front lawns and vacant commercial properties. Does anyone else see the irony in this political pollution? Lots of these campaigns spent 50 to 100 million on their political marketing campaigns filling up ad space on our TV’s with lies and littering our landscape with signs. They ask us to buy into green technology and better yet to ban plastic straws. We drive hybrids and electric vehicles to feel like we are doing our part which I do. Plastic corrugated signs take oil to make and will be around for the next 1000 years in our land fills. Why are we not banning these signs, the hypocrisy and irony. Where’s the outrage from the woke crowd, they are selectively silent. These signs dare I say are a “Threat to our democracy”, our way of life our planet. Can we agree to ban these signs?

Last edited:
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/26/202...king-race-one-of-the-most-expensive-ever.html

I'll take it one step further....$6.4 BILLION spent this year in campaign advertising!!! $6.4 Billion and these are the people that want to tell me how they want to spend our money. No other industrialized country does this. While still an eyesore, European countries paper their buildings with campaign stickers and that's pretty much it.

We could do a lot of good with that amount money that is a pure waste with most of the advertising negative or misleading.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/26/202...king-race-one-of-the-most-expensive-ever.html

I'll take it one step further....$6.4 BILLION spent this year in campaign advertising!!! $6.4 Billion and these are the people that want to tell me how they want to spend our money. No other industrialized country does this. While still an eyesore, European countries paper their buildings with campaign stickers and that's pretty much it.

We could do a lot of good with that amount money that is a pure waste with most of the advertising negative or misleading.

This is the big one for me. Incredible waste of money. But the political game is big business for those on the inside.

This is the big one for me. Incredible waste of money. But the political game is big business for those on the inside.
The other way to look at it....$6.4 Billion and what really changed?

In other news, in his continuing epic battle to preserve our democracy, Uncle Joe suggests we should investigate Musk for his dealings with foreign countries.

In other news, in his continuing epic battle to preserve our democracy, Uncle Joe suggests we should investigate Musk for his dealings with foreign countries.
and 43 seconds to say two sentences....he should stay of Tik Tok.

Twitter is a absolute joke right now. Verified profiles being abused, ifs quite comical. Musk looks like an ass right now.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...-says-platform-hit-all-time-high-active-users

Is it? All time high of active users last month.

I guess track record means nothing to you...interesting.

I'm pretty sure those numbers are juiced. There are people like Tomi Lahren that were getting 300 live views on her Outkick program, that are now recieving 103,000 live views once Musk too over. That makes no sense.

However, brands being impersonated by "blue check" verified users is a terrible look. What company would advertise there when that's happening ?

People like to watch a train wreck.

They have suspended their $8 "verification" platform. Less than a week after it launched because it was a horrendously thought out concept.

It's been fun to watch all of the "verified" accounts pop up the last few days though.
As I said earlier, I don't tweet so I have no idea whether he will be successful with the acquisition. He's got a pretty incredible track record for building successful and valuable businesses and he will continue to attract investors because they invest in the individual. Hell, the invested in other quirky idea people (Elizabeth Holmes, Adam Neuman - although he was successful once - but in a shell game)...they will certainly continue to ride the Musk - train until he shows them otherwise.

History shows he operates in a way that you and I don't understand through our lens, but you can't dispute his results. He may be successful with Twitter; he may not, but to read message board posters that think they know better is downright amusing. I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Reactions: SHallguy2
Elon Musk's folly to purchase twitter. He needs to concentrate on Tesla. The stock has been taking a beating as of late. Quality control issues are increasing. I don't want his attention being wasted on Twitter when he should be focused on Tesla that is the company that made him the richest man in the world.

Reactions: Merge
As I said earlier, I don't tweet so I have no idea whether he will be successful with the acquisition. He's got a pretty incredible track record for building successful and valuable businesses and he will continue to attract investors because they invest in the individual. Hell, the invested in other quirky idea people (Elizabeth Holmes, Adam Neuman - although he was successful once - but in a shell game)...they will certainly continue to ride the Musk - train until he shows them otherwise.

History shows he operates in a way that you and I don't understand through our lens, but you can't dispute his results. He may be successful with Twitter; he may not, but to read message board posters that think they know better is downright amusing. I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

It's a message board, people have opinions. I guess anytime we disagree with someone on a topic we can use your line that it's amusing to read message board posts that think they know better.

My comments are regarding the platform clearly taking a turn for the worst since he took over. Whether he implements positive change moving forward remains to be seen.

It's a message board, people have opinions. I guess anytime we disagree with someone on a topic we can use your line that it's amusing to read message board posts that think they know better.

My comments are regarding the platform clearly taking a turn for the worst since he took over. Whether he implements positive change moving forward remains to be seen.
You're certainly entitled to your own opinion but if you're going to post an "I know better than Musk about his business" than yes, that's amusing to me.

You're certainly entitled to your own opinion but if you're going to post an "I know better than Musk about his business" than yes, that's amusing to me.

Which I never said? I said he looked like an ass with what's happening on the platform.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.

Which I never said? I said he looked like an ass with what's happening on the platform.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.
"I'm pretty sure those numbers are juiced."
"That makes no sense."
"What company would advertise there when that's happening?"

"I'm pretty sure those numbers are juiced."
"That makes no sense."
"What company would advertise there when that's happening?"

That's not saying I know more about business than Elon Musk, yeesh, reading comprehension pal.

I provided an example of irregularities in the numbers for a show which don't make sense.

Musk already said companies were pulling advertisements. With fake verified accounts impersonating Fortune 500 companies with vulgar messages, you think that's appealing to advertisers?

Reactions: Merge
It’s not amusing that a fake Eli Lilly account just made insulin free for all with the real company having to come on and deny it?

There really is no debate that the Twitter Blue feature was an epic failure from the start. That makes no opinion on Musk or whether Twitter will be successful, but that in itself was a huge blunder.

$8 for a blue verified check mark. What could go wrong?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
It’s not amusing that a fake Eli Lilly account just made insulin free for all with the real company having to come on and deny it?

There really is no debate that the Twitter Blue feature was an epic failure from the start. That makes no opinion on Musk or whether Twitter will be successful, but that in itself was a huge blunder.

It seemed so obviously flawed from the start. They needed a way to differentiate people they have independently verified to be real accounts (the blue checks was working) and then should have just added a supporter check mark - a different color for people who want to pay to support the platform and would get perks.

companies stock dropped massively because of these tweets lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT