WAY-TOO-EARLY top 25 for next season.

Hall-O-Daze

All Big East
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
Up in the clouds
Way Too Early

Yeah, I know….

Usually I am among the first to show disdain for these lists. In this full-fledged era of the Transfer Portal and NIL is seems more pointless than ever before to make one of these lists.

However, look at who they have at number 15. Then look at who they have at number 16. They even managed to find a spot for our old coach! Disagree with purdue at 3 though, they are done for a while.

Reactions: CL82 and Gohall129
Way Too Early

Yeah, I know….

Usually I am among the first to show disdain for these lists. In this full-fledged era of the Transfer Portal and NIL is seems more pointless than ever before to make one of these lists.

However, look at who they have at number 15. Then look at who they have at number 16. They even managed to find a spot for our old coach! Disagree with purdue at 3 though, they are done for a while.
Purdue is an NIT team without Edey this year. Hard to imagine they bounce back to this years level

Reactions: PirateFan94
They must think all of our eligible player are returning to put us at 15. If Kadary and Dre ran it back with Dylan and Coleman then 15 is legit.

I’m sure they’ll push the same teams sight unseen. The midwestern Press core will
Overate their Football School basketball teams once again.

I mean it is absurd to even have these with the transfer portal. The majority of these teams will have 70% roster turnover between now and next year. Anyway, it's is fun to be listed.

Reactions: pirate AI and shu09
I mean it is absurd to even have these with the transfer portal. The majority of these teams will have 70% roster turnover between now and next year. Anyway, it's is fun to be listed.
I agree, the concept of a way-too-early has become even more absurd. Literally everything is up in the air. The only reason I posted it was because some of the rankings were too amusing and surprising to pass up on sharing it.

It’s call too early for a reason. The writer knows that he doesn’t have all the roster details.

They must think all of our eligible player are returning to put us at 15. If Kadary and Dre ran it back with Dylan and Coleman then 15 is legit.
If that happens you will have one hell of a team.

15. Seton Hall

After just barely missing the tournament, Shaheen Holloway led the Pirates to an NIT title this spring. They’ve got all the momentum, and should be ranked for the first time in two years next season

15. Seton Hall

After just barely missing the tournament, Shaheen Holloway led the Pirates to an NIT title this spring. They’ve got all the momentum, and should be ranked for the first time in two years next season
What a slap in the face to UConn dropping them to 5. They should be the odds in favorite to repeat again. They are the champs until they aren’t. I guess 12 straight NCAA wins means little. 🙄

Way Too Early

Yeah, I know….

Apparently ESPN doesn’t have the same love. They don’t have is in the top 30

Apparently ESPN doesn’t have the same love. They don’t have is in the top 30

Projected starting lineup:

Ahmad Nowell (No. 31 in ESPN 100)
Solomon Ball (3.5 PPG)
Jayden Ross (0.7 PPG)
Jaylin Stewart (2.6 PPG)
Samson Johnson (5.4 PPG)

Even CL 82 would admit that UCONN being ranked in the top Ten with this projected starting lineup is a pipe dream. Just over 10 points returning. Think there might be some hiccups. Ross hardly played. Nowell is a freshman. Ball was shackled to the bench. This team (minus Karaban) is 18 -13 at best.

They
Projected starting lineup:

Ahmad Nowell (No. 31 in ESPN 100)
Solomon Ball (3.5 PPG)
Jayden Ross (0.7 PPG)
Jaylin Stewart (2.6 PPG)
Samson Johnson (5.4 PPG)

Even CL 82 would admit that UCONN being ranked in the top Ten with this projected starting lineup is a pipe dream. Just over 10 points returning. Think there might be some hiccups. Ross hardly played. Nowell is a freshman. Ball was shackled to the bench. This team (minus Karaban) is 18 -13 at best.
had 5 of top 8 scorers leave last season…

15. Seton Hall

That’s crazy. Losing the core of the team(Probably)??. Sha has to figure way to have them more in sync for the OOC. Right now before any key additions assuming departures The Hall will be a middle of the pack BigEast Team.

That’s crazy. Losing the core of the team(Probably)??. Sha has to figure way to have them more in sync for the OOC. Right now before any key additions assuming departures The Hall will be a middle of the pack BigEast Team.
Obviously writer of Yahoo article is projecting with Davis & Richmond returning, why called Way to Early pool.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
so the team doesn't change but expected to be a 3 seed next year... what will they go undefeated in big east play to make that happen?

What a slap in the face to UConn dropping them to 5. They should be the odds in favorite to repeat again. They are the champs until they aren’t. I guess 12 straight NCAA wins means little. 🙄
Well, we are losing a lot, again. Clingan, Castle and Newton are all gone and they were keys to this year's success. We've got some good young talent coming in and our rumored to have interest from some quality portal guys. We will see what we look like after that process is done.

Yes it’s way to early to have these with the advent of the portal but it can’t hurt to put it in front of the guys we are losing and say hey we won NIT, projections are up there we’ll give you what we can…

Doubt on the returns but all I’m saying is this can’t hurt

SHU
Rutgers
St John’s..15-16-17..that would be really cool
Locally for a whole year

Zero chance for all three but that would be lots of fun
This board might spontaneously combust if that were to happen and Maryland was right there too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT