ADVERTISEMENT

Props to the student section

I'm glad they showed up but personally was still disappointed in them. Maybe my bar is high or maybe the bar has been lowered. Every time the diehards at the base of the students tried starting a cheer the rest didn't seem to follow. The strongest cheers seemed to come from 13/14 and 18/19. Again it could just be I'm being really hard on the because I feel like they don't know how good they have it. Many of us were students during lean times.

The other thing that bothered me was the near complete clear out before 2 minutes. Yes the game was in the bag, yes it's a Saturday night so they wanted back on campus to party but staying until the end was always a thing. You all can tell me I'm crazy and that's ok it's just been bothering me since Saturday and seeing this tweet blows my mind a little.

Unfortunately the bus drivers don’t wait. They try to leave as soon as the busses are half full. Several students have been left behind. Newark at 11:00 is not the place to be

I mean, Newark isn't my favorite city and there are certainly parts to avoid, but let's also not pretend like the stretch of miles from Prudential Center to Rt 280 is Compton, either. What exactly are the bus drivers supposed to be scared of? Whole Foods? 24 Hour Fitness? Maybe Spanish Pavilion and the luxury condos on the other side of the water?

The bus drivers should be instructed to wait until the bus is completely full. And we should have more of them, if there's a pattern of students waiting too long to catch one. It's not an issue of safety by the drivers, it's an issue of incompetence, poor oversight, and/or frugality on our side, IMO.

The whole bussing thing blows my mind. They know how many kids sign up for the bus now. It used to be just show up now the students have to sign up. Each bus can carry a certain number of people, a good driver can guestimate. So simple math says there are x students left. Drivers stayed until the end of games when the stadium first opened, we're really supposed to believe its changed that much and become that unsafe?

I think the question now is who do we call at the university to try and brainstorm for next year. Is it the ticket office? Unfortunately, the damage has been done and it might not be a one season fix.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
So you guys think that is a pretty accurate picture of the best student sections?

I'm glad they showed up but personally was still disappointed in them. Maybe my bar is high or maybe the bar has
The students were great on Saturday.

Leaving early is my only pet peeve. Imagine how great the player/student celebration would have been if 1,000 kids were celebrating with the players. A bussing issue could be easily solved, have the busses arrive a little later. I believe there was a free raffle for $500 in merchandise. The drawing should be done when the game ends, and the winner should be required to be present.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
my understanding is that the Students will be on Spring Break for our last 2 Home games. Hope everyone enjoyed that Butler game since we won‘t likely have that atmosphere for the rest of this season.

my understanding is that the Students will be on Spring Break for our last 2 Home games. Hope everyone enjoyed that Butler game since we won‘t likely have that atmosphere for the rest of this season.
Then they should offer to buy back tickets at the $10/each that they paid for them and give them to CYO/school groups. As so many like to point out, there are a substantial number of commuters, as well as kids that don't have the money to go anywhere warm and sunny.

Reactions: SHUsez
Spring break is week of March 04th. Will impact the nova game. DePaul is on a Saturday perhaps some are back on campus and may help that it’s also senior night.

Of course UConn spring break starts the following week so will not impact our game or the regular season schedule.

Then they should offer to buy back tickets at the $10/each that they paid for them and give them to CYO/school groups. As so many like to point out, there are a substantial number of commuters, as well as kids that don't have the money to go anywhere warm and sunny.
About 40% of kids attending Seton Hall now are from out of state. A lot of kids live off campus as well. While they are probably considered commuters SHU is not a commuter school.

Where is Creighton? They did beat UCONN with 20,000 there. A huge student contingent and an absolute sea of blue and white during their court storm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT