ADVERTISEMENT

Providence Game

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
The odd 6:30 tip, but at least it isn’t the quicker turnaround on Tuesday. Creighton has to deal with that.

This feels like one of those tricky letdown spots to me given the circumstances. Providence has had a week off since laying 100 on DePaul.

As a Seton Hall fan, I don’t think there’s any time of day where I’m not worried about a letdown, lol. Have to trust that Sha will have the guys in the right mindset and avoid any sort of hangover effect. Like you said, the extra day of rest cannot be understated. Providence may have dropped 100 on DePaul, but they’ll get their own wakeup call when they remember how physical we play. Here’s to hoping that Kadary is healthy.

I don't sense a letdown, but I expect a strong effort from Providence. They have some good players despite their season being g derailed by the injury. We need to see SHU back to a more balanced offensive attack. So many of the points against Creighton came via very difficult shots or put backs off missed shots.

This is a huge week for Seton Hall. Must have one of two. Get both and 3rd place is realistic and still a possibility for 2nd.

Last edited:
A pivotal game for The Hall
Without question. Anxious to see the energy level that The Hall brings. Providence still have players like Carter that can put up points. I believe the SHU fans won't allow for a,flat atmosphere for the rest of the season and that will really be of benefit to the players, The Hall needs for the bench players,to be more consistent as far as point production moving forward. For the math to work you are correct this one is pivotal.

Two questions that stand out to me…how will Seton Hall respond in their first game since the refs screwed them over, at home no less, in the Creighton game and will Providence be looking ahead to their next game against Georgetown and their former coach?

Two questions that stand out to me…how will Seton Hall respond in their first game since the refs screwed them over, at home no less, in the Creighton game and will Providence be looking ahead to their next game against Georgetown and their former coach?

I don’t think they will be looking ahead.

Quirky: We haven’t beaten Providence at The Rock in 4 years. The last time was that Romaro Gill breakout game on all the PNR’s with McKnight on 1/22/2020. They’ve won two consecutive games in Newark and we never made up the game from COVID in 2021-22.

Without question. Anxious to see the energy level that The Hall brings. Providence still have players like Carter that can put up points. I believe the SHU fans won't allow for a,flat atmosphere for the rest of the season and that will really be of benefit to the players, The Hall needs for the bench players,to be more consistent as far as point production moving forward. For the math to work you are correct this one is pivotal.
They were all out of sorts adjusting to life without Hopkins and had lost 4 consecutive games before hammering DePaul out there, 100-62. They had played 3 of those games really tight, 2 a chance to win late. Now a week off before tonight.

In that DePaul game they shot 71% from 2PT, 10/25 from 3. Castro and Barron came out of nowhere to score double digits. I mean…

It’s going to be the Carter/Odoro Show again. SHU needs the defense to show at home and bring it.

It's no gimme. Remember, Hopkins wasn't playing great this year but he was an important cog who's absence stretched other's beyond their immediate ability. They've had time to settle.

This will be a big win if we get it, even without Hopkins. If nothing else, it's a win against another higher rated team in NET.

Reactions: catholicman
It’s really Carter, Oduro and Pierre for Providence..They can easily put up 50-60 points per game. The Hall needs to limit one and shut down one as far as a game plan. Oduro produces more at home games although not terrible on the road. Bediako and EHE might be able to slow him down. I feel like we will play with the lead mist of this game..

Quirky: We haven’t beaten Providence at The Rock in 4 years. The last time was that Romaro Gill breakout game on all the PNR’s with McKnight on 1/22/2020. They’ve won two consecutive games in Newark and we never made up the game from COVID in 2021-22.
The time to reverse that is tonight

Oduro dominated against us a few weeks ago until he ran out of gas at the end. If we do a better job on him tonight I feel pretty confident.

Reactions: Piratz
Oduro dominated against us a few weeks ago until he ran out of gas at the end. If we do a better job on him tonight I feel pretty confident.
He dominated for 8 mins in that game. That's it. Providence fans say he hurt his ankle after that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT