ADVERTISEMENT

Providence's message board

If their head coach had his way Gonzaga would now be in the Big East.

Both teams used to be the dregs of the league way back when. I think now there is mutual respect because of our similar trials and tribulations.

Reactions: garyshu71
Much information under Friar starting five if you click on the links.

These schools benefited most due to massively increased tv exposure coupled with increased spending.

Just a matter of time before the Zags are in the BE. Especially if they keep making deep runs in the tournament.

Providence has an ex-soccer player who has become a hugely successful hedge fund guy that donates millions. His individual donations are probably at least 30-40 percent of what Pirate Blue collects as a whole annually.

Imagine if Seton Hall had an ex-athlete alum who they could rely on like that....

Reactions: garyshu71
Providence has an ex-soccer player who has become a hugely successful hedge fund guy that donates millions. His individual donations are probably at least 30-40 percent of what Pirate Blue collects as a whole annually.

Imagine if Seton Hall had an ex-athlete alum who they could rely on like that....

SH has had ex athletes who had long , successful pro careers like Biggio, Valentine, Vaughan, Sammy D., Grilli , Nick Gallis , and Mark Bryant who come to mind but whether they ever supported SH financially I couldn't speak to . I do know that Craig Biggio was very generous in his support to SH .

It's different being an alum who made his money in sports as opposed to one who made his fortune as a businessman. The people who made their $$$ outside of sports are probably more likely to write checks.

HAH BURN LLOYDE BURN

giphy.gif

It's different being an alum who made his money in sports as opposed to one who made his fortune as a businessman. The people who made their $$$ outside of sports are probably more likely to write checks.

And the people who had pro sports career didn't have to pay for their education .

Reactions: shupat08
I do think we have parallels with the PC program and a lot of respect for Cooley. They are going to be as tough an out as anyone this year and we are in the middle of a four way if not six way BE fire fight with SHU, Nova, X, Butler, PC and Creighton. Even the Johnnies are not going to be easy with that back court and don't count out Marquette. 8 of the ten BE teams are potential record killers in conference play.

PC fans love us because we gifted them the 2014 BET championship. If it weren't for our fluke win over Nova it would still be 23 years and counting since their last championship.

PC fans love us because we gifted them the 2014 BET championship. If it weren't for our fluke win over Nova it would still be 23 years and counting since their last championship.
They sure dont hate us for that, but i think more so we are very similar type teams that any fan of college basketball can easily root for.

Although I root for every BE team whenever they play any team out of conference. I will continue to have a soft spot for the "Catholic 7".

Reactions: Halldan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT