ADVERTISEMENT

Pure and simple

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Forget the nonsense that is being posted re Richmond. He tried to go last night and even practiced lightly the last few days. But his body didn't respond and he told Sha 3 hours before gametime that he couldn't go.

He is hurting right now but is not seriously injured. Not sure about Saturday but he should be ok no later than the following game.

I deleted much of the conspiracy theory because a player reading that nonsense from his own fan base understandably wouldn't be happy. Richmond is simply hurt (back). Nothing more nothing less.

Of course his coach wanted him to play but bottom line when the player tells his coach he can't then the coach must respect that decision.

I deleted much of the conspiracy theory because a player reading that nonsense from his own fan base understandably wouldn't be happy. Richmond is simply hurt (back). Nothing more nothing less.

Of course his coach wanted him to play but bottom line when the player tells his coach he can't then the coach must respect that decision.
Thank you Dan

Reactions: U-Hall

Good job Dan squashing that right away. The team needs to play a,respectable game at Marquette. With an injured Richmond expectations won't be high.

Reactions: U-Hall

Dan - Is the back soreness from the fall at the end of the St. John’s game?

Good news, but still not a good look for Holloway. If this is in fact the case that he's simply injured, just come out and say it. Don't pretend you don't know, don't use simplistic terms like "soreness," which only lead to speculation, and don't get snippy with the media when they ask perfectly legitimate questions about the status of the team's best player.

Our coach has a lot to learn in the communication department.

Glad he's Ok but there is still room for concern based on his past injury history in Feb & March. The fact that we haven't added a competent backup PG knowing this is really disheartening.

Reactions: Piratz
Good news, but still not a good look for Holloway. If this is in fact the case that he's simply injured, just come out and say it. Don't pretend you don't know, don't use simplistic terms like "soreness," which only lead to speculation, and don't get snippy with the media when they ask perfectly legitimate questions about the status of the team's best player.

Pretty simple right? Kadary is a warrior. Ton of minutes. Banged around. Long season. I want him to get a rest. That’s all he had to say. Instead his answer was “ i don’t know. I just found out at walk through (which parenthetically seems odd if that’s the reason he skipped the last post game). Something with his body”.

That’s where this doesn’t square to me because Sha looked frustrated about it and clearly was not preparing the team for the risk Richmond couldn’t go. If you knew he was hobbled a bit and practicing light or something, you’d have to implement some stuff without him – plays and player rotations because a thin team would be seriously thinner – just to be safe. He acknowledged that didn’t happen.
Glad he's Ok but there is still room for concern based on his past injury history in Feb & March. The fact that we haven't added a competent backup PG knowing this is really disheartening.
This. It’s always the concern with him, there’s always a caveat regarding his health since he’s been at The Hall. He’s one of the most physical guards we’ve ever had and so this risk is the nature of the beast, unfortunately. And with no outside game to speak of to alleviate it a bit, it’s only going to be more physical play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT