ADVERTISEMENT

Rhoden signs with…

What heart. Frankly I never thought there was even a sliver of a chance that he would play a second of NBA ball. But sometimes you can't measure the size of a person's heart. A shame that everyone who picks up a ball doesn't have what Jared Rhoden has. The will to maximize your potential.

Happy to see this. Rhoden was another enjoyable development story from the Willard Era. Maybe the last we’ll get of them given how things have changed in college basketball since he graduated just two years ago. Crazy.

Rhoden’s hard work and mentality led to significant jumps in each of his 4 years at The Hall. This is a guy that didn’t start a game and only averaged about 13 minutes as a freshman to become one of only 12 Pirates all time to receive 1st Team All-BE honors as a Senior. Plus he led us to the NCAA Tournament and was huge in some epic, memorable wins that year. He played in 3 NCAA Tournaments in 4 seasons and was part of that 2020 Regular Season Co-Champs team. Great career, great Pirate.

I believe he hit two Huge threes in that Sat afternoon game against Nova his first year? Along with Myles the Rock was in a frenzy.

Great story, keep going as long as he can on the NBA level.

Reactions: TommyAlly
What is the minimum they can pay him.
Two-way contracts are worth about $578,000 which is 50% of the NBA minimum.

If Jared is upgraded to a full contract, he would make at least the league minimum of around $1.15 million. Depending on how he service time is figured, that could be higher as the minimum increases depending on how many years a player is in the league.

If Jared is considered a two-year player (he is in his third season) the NBA minimum is just over $2 million for the full season.

I believe he hit two Huge threes in that Sat afternoon game against Nova his first year? Along with Myles the Rock was in a frenzy.

Great story, keep going as long as he can on the NBA level.
He hit three 3s. The one in the second half did a 360 around the rim and fell in. That was the Powell from Trenton game. The Rock was electric.

What heart. Frankly I never thought there was even a sliver of a chance that he would play a second of NBA ball. But sometimes you can't measure the size of a person's heart. A shame that everyone who picks up a ball doesn't have what Jared Rhoden has. The will to maximize your potential.
Imagine if Kelly Whitney or Herb Pope had had it.

It’s not guaranteed though, he can be cut at any time for any reason.
If he's still on an NBA roster as of January 10, his contract becomes guaranteed for the remainder of the season.

As of that date, any non-guaranteed contract becomes guaranteed for the rest of the season.

That's also the date players can begin to sign 10-day contracts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT