ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond has left the building

He’s absolutely getting boo-ed if he pulls that. Don’t kid yourself
There are 351 division 1 bball teams and he could transfer to almost any of them and still receive a standing ovation upon a return to SHU. But If he transfers to SJU, and that is absolutely his right, he deserves a hostile crowd for his “homecoming”. Booooooooo!!!!!!

Seton Hall's offer wasn't $800K but was decent.

It's just a tough spot as a fan. There will always be many programs who can outbid us.
There are only a handful that will be able to get / keep the players they want in this environment.

If I'm Richmond, I'm taking the pay day so I don't blame him at all.

Annual free agency ruins the game for fans though and it's going to be harder and harder to care as much going forward.

There are 351 division 1 bball teams and he could transfer to almost any of them and still receive a standing ovation upon a return to SHU. But If he transfers to SJU, and that is absolutely his right, he deserves a hostile crowd for his “homecoming”. Booooooooo!!!!!!
Why would I give a guy who left for another school a standing ovation? Guy didn't win 1 NCAA game in his 3 yrs. Then when team had chance to build on something him and others all left. They don't care about the fans.

At the end of the day the NIL landscape as a whole is what it is 3 years these days seems like a long time for a kid to stay in one place. Thanks for the good times Kooks.

You gotta adapt and just hope we can be competitive $ wise and Sha coach up the kids we got. Still optimistic will see how the team shakes out.

but can’t blame these kids for going where the money is when this could potentially be their biggest pay day

Reactions: chickenbox
Why would I give a guy who left for another school a standing ovation? Guy didn't win 1 NCAA game in his 3 yrs. Then when team had chance to build on something him and others all left. They don't care about the fans.
I’m not going to explain to anyone why you could give an athlete a standing ovation. I couldn’t care less. My point is if any paid athlete bolts one fan base to their rival, they are enemy number one for 40 minutes.
Some posters seem to disagree.

Story made espn’s Top Headlines. With it being draft day and with playoffs going on and all, I am a little surprised to see our name on the front page. Not that it isn’t a very big college basketball story, mind you.

Reactions: HallGuy23
Lol. Nice strawman you've got there. Discussion went from whether a returning player would get booed to demands he receive a standing ovation.

Last edited:
Reactions: sardonni
Story made espn’s Top Headlines. With it being draft day and with playoffs going on and all, I am a little surprised to see our name on the front page. Not that it isn’t a very big college basketball story, mind you.
Wow. Pretty surprising. Particularly for a player posters here thought should go back to Syracuse at various points (perhaps even this season?).

Reactions: shupat08
It's just a tough spot as a fan. There will always be many programs who can outbid us.
There are only a handful that will be able to get / keep the players they want in this environment.

If I'm Richmond, I'm taking the pay day so I don't blame him at all.

Annual free agency ruins the game for fans though and it's going to be harder and harder to care as much going forward.

The last part is true only if we are losing. I imagine if somehow we keep winning every year with different teams, a lot of us would not mind.

Yeah. He's probably also lost all of his NBA contacts + knowledge of basketball, too. It's clearly career suicide if KR goes there or really anywhere other than the Hall. Shaheen is the only person who can help him or teach him anything.
What a stupid post. Pitino hasn’t put a guy in the league in 10 years. It’s not sure fire that he has the magic touch. But you can cheer when Kadary shows up to prudential next January

What a stupid post. Pitino hasn’t put a guy in the league in 10 years. It’s not sure fire that he has the magic touch. But you can cheer when Kadary shows up to prudential next January
Thank you! I'm glad we agree that anyone who leaves the hall for any reason (including more money to go to a hall of fame coach) is objectively making a horrible mistake that can only result in failure. Incidentally, I love being a part of the one impartial fanbase in the country that sees everything from an unbiased standpoint.

• Haha
Reactions: sardonni
I don’t think the NIL situation is horrendous, but we are still behind a lot of the power 6 schools. Not as far behind as last year but behind. We aren’t at the point we can spend $1 million on a player, but let’s see what happens in the coming weeks… something needs to change with this though, you will have players playing for 4 different schools in 4 years of college, they are no longer students, they are hired guns. Why bother attending classes.
Why stop at four schools in four years? Let's have midseason transfers! 8 schools in four years!

We will have more NIL $ in the future because the new practice facility is not going to drain $ in the future.

That's not the point. The season this team had this year and the NIT run really helped to improve the NIL situation. NIL wasn't a factor when Kadary got here. I'm stunned at how ungrateful fans already are towards Kadary. So the difference between him and Davis is that the latter transferred to the SEC and the former might stay in the BE? Who cares. He has the opportunity to make life-changing money. Would you guys be mad at your son or someone close to you for doing the same? Take a step back. This is not the college basketball we all grew up to love. This is essentially pro sports now. Seton Hall can't offer the amount of money that others can- if Kadary can earn more somewhere else, he should, and we should thank him for his time here.

I'm taking this stance now that if we boo Kadary in a return game to Prudential it is embarrassing.
1 million is not life-changing money. Maybe 30 years ago it was. No longer.

• Haha
Reactions: shu09 and jack 1970
im going to root against anyone leaving the Hall now. not because i don't particularly like them. theyre not playing for the front of the jersey anymore, they're playing for a bigger pay day. so i want them all to fail miserably if they're not on my team, just like anyone else.

How can teams like Seton Hall “build” anymore? Coleman or Middleton have a good season next year and they’ll be gone.
Every school is in the same boat. Sha will have to build a new team each year until the NCAA gets its act together, but so will everyone else. The loss of KR is big, but the cost to keep him may be prohibitive. I don't think Sha would mind picking up a PG that moves at a faster pace, who would come at half the cost. Posh wouldn't be a bad choice. We'd lose 5 PTS and 2 RBS with Posh, but we pick up a PG who plays at a faster pace and Posh had more ASTS and STLS. Surround Coleman, Middleton and Posh with solid players and Sha will do what he does.

The numbers being thrown around on this thread are ridiculous, and said to discourage us. Hunter Dickinson made $586K at Kansas last season, while everyone was saying he was making $1MM. Take any number you hear and reduce it by half.

Do we pony up big bucks for a kid who has a history of back problems? That would be a bad business decision IMO. There are plenty of players who can improve their NIL opportunities at SHU and want to play for Sha.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT