ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond

I have no issue with Richmond leaving for the big bucks. Who of us wouldn't have done the same thing?

But "I got too comfortable". That's pure BS.

You left for the money pure and simple. No one will ever, ever say they got too comfortable playing with Sha as your coach.

I have no issue with Richmond leaving for the big bucks. Who of us wouldn't have done the same thing?

You left for the money pure and simple. No one will ever, ever say they got too comfortable playing with Sha as your coach.
As much as I like Kadary I agree with you 100%.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Lol at “too comfortable.” Just say you needed the money pal.

I do wonder how Kadary will play at St. John’s now that he is alongside more talent. He had a propensity here to fade into the background and defer to inferior players. He did it with Rhoden, Aiken, Dawes, etc. St. John’s has several players who will want the ball. Interested to see how Kadary responds.

Reactions: Piratz
Never heard of him.

mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif

Yea.theres no way. And who gets comfortable making the NIT in 3 years

Kadary uses his body well and his cross over but not very fast. He struggles to finish at the rim alot. Does sha throw a big body dylan at him? If u get up in him he can get frustrated w a very good on ball defender. He needs space to work

Kadary uses his body well and his cross over but not very fast. He struggles to finish at the rim alot. Does sha throw a big body dylan at him? If u get up in him he can get frustrated w a very good on ball defender. He needs space to work
Agree…I would throw a combination of bodies and pressure him as soon as he crosses mid court whether he has the ball or not.

All this silly speak. Just tell the truth. In this day and age it’s totally acceptable to say you made the move for money. That you have an opportunity with this money for your future, your family, whatever. It keeps it cleaner.

You got too comfortable here? lol. Maybe that was the general soreness? See what these comments do? Dumb.

The best way to guard him is to double team him as soon as he goes to put the ball on the floor. St. Joes and DePaul were successful against him doing that.
I hope our fans Boo him out of the stadium when he plays at the Rock.

Reactions: SHUSource
I don't like that he transferred to St. John's despite the money etc. But at least I would have understood if he said the following:

"I had a great three years at Seton Hall. I am thankful to Coach Willard for the opportunity and for Coach Holloway for helping me become the player that I am today. I am proud of what we accomplished and that I earned my degree. It was a tough decision but I had a unique opportunity to provide financially for my family, play in my hometown of NYC, and learn from one of the greatest coaches of all time. I felt that I had to make the right choice for myself, my family, and my career."

Instead he said none of the above, except for praising Pitino lol.

All this silly speak. Just tell the truth. In this day and age it’s totally acceptable to say you made the move for money. That you have an opportunity with this money for your future, your family, whatever. It keeps it cleaner.

You got too comfortable here? lol. Maybe that was the general soreness? See what these comments do? Dumb.
Yea, I mean playing in the NIT his entire career and at the Rock isn't like he was in the Kentucky cauldron the past few years.

Like I said with the DAW comments about his injuries last year (or lack thereof), take what these kids say with a grain-of-salt. They are professionals now, but they are still teenagers to young men (in KR's case).

He isn't going to say publicly that he left for more $$, just like free agents never say that.

He isn't going to say that perhaps playing for one of the best coaches in the history of the game, renown for player development, might have been a potential factor too.

He isn't going to say that he went from being on the NBA mocks a freshman at Cuse to off-the-grid after playing for so many years, so perhaps he needed a change, because this is his last shot before he goes to Europe.

Reactions: phelanma
I dont think he deserves space on a SHU forum. Hope he has a good life.

IMO DAW's comments were a huge positive...NO EXCUSES.
I've been one of the bigger DAW supporters and fans on here since he transferred. But I do find the DAW preseason lovefest a bit ironic because it seems the only reason he is still here is because he couldn't get the $$ he wanted on the transfer market. He had one foot out the door. That's the world we live in now, unfortunately, but it's kind of ironic there is vitriol towards Richmond for doing just that and transferring to SJU whereas DAW transferred to us from SJU and still tried to leave this past summer (not saying you, because you aren't doing that). It is what it is and I guess that's fandom, but it's why I can't get wrapped up to much in the death to KR stuff. NIL has ruined the sport.

Hes a kid who made an adult decision. You cant get on him as you got to get on the people that put him in that predicament. NCAA allowed it, his parents or decision makers signed off on it but yet he and only he has to answer for it. That's not what college sports is all about but its the system we are currently in.

On the flip side the kid went for the money lets see if he's worth it on and off the court. Its not going to be easy.

I've been one of the bigger DAW supporters and fans on here since he transferred. But I do find the DAW preseason lovefest a bit ironic because it seems the only reason he is still here is because he couldn't get the $$ he wanted on the transfer market. He had one foot out the door. That's the world we live in now, unfortunately, but it's kind of ironic there is vitriol towards Richmond for doing just that and transferring to SJU whereas DAW transferred to us from SJU and still tried to leave this past summer (not saying you, because you aren't doing that). It is what it is and I guess that's fandom, but it's why I can't get wrapped up to much in the death to KR stuff. NIL has ruined the sport.
I get all that and stand by my original comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT