ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond

Don't forget you'll get your first look at the new uncomfortable Richmond vs our hated rival Rutgas. 630 Big ten network
At this rate I think our board is going to drive the ratings for that one, at least for those who have the Big Ten Network (I wouldn’t even know what channel it is).

I think some want players who dont have to be told to dive for a loose ball, to close out with your hands up. To play every second like you mean it.

KR has tons of talent, and I praised him here all the time. And I ignored those things (cause I am a fan not a journalist). I never worried if Isiah and Myles or Terry or Jerry or Sha or Dre was going to be all in for a game. I did with KR. Maybe KR took plays off cause so much was expected of him and he had to stay on the court. Maybe he used that as his justification.

He played well last year. Real well. It killed me that Carter won POY cause I think KR is more talented. But I understood.

I think some want players who dont have to be told to dive for a loose ball, to close out with your hands up. To play every second like you mean it.

KR has tons of talent, and I praised him here all the time. And I ignored those things (cause I am a fan not a journalist). I never worried if Isiah and Myles or Terry or Jerry or Sha or Dre was going to be all in for a game. I did with KR. Maybe KR took plays off cause so much was expected of him and he had to stay on the court. Maybe he used that as his justification.

He played well last year. Real well. It killed me that Carter won POY cause I think KR is more talented. But I understood.
What 75 said. The dominant KR was fun to watch, but MVP’s play all out all the time. If we’re being honest, that’s where KR fell short.

Should have been an NCAA team, but the general soreness stretch hurt too. And the no-show NIT Game One….

Richmond was our #1 option on offense and he played as many minutes as he could handle. I see his minutes and scoring #’s going down at SJU, but will still be a beast when driving to the basket.

What 75 said. The dominant KR was fun to watch, but MVP’s play all out all the time. If we’re being honest, that’s where KR fell short.

Should have been an NCAA team, but the general soreness stretch hurt too. And the no-show NIT Game One….
The general soreness pissed me off to no end, without knowing the situation of course. The explanations that have come after the fact make much more sense and, frankly, I get it to a degree.

Again, I was more critical of this kid than virtually anyone on our 2 boards. And yet let's be real: we aren't half as good last year if Richmond doesn't elevate his game. We only "could" have been a NCAA team because of him. Yes, Davis and Dawes played huge roles too, and Bediako to a lesser extent, but Richmond was the biggest factor and the guy who made all league.

The general soreness pissed me off to no end, without knowing the situation of course. The explanations that have come after the fact make much more sense and, frankly, I get it to a degree.

Again, I was more critical of this kid than virtually anyone on our 2 boards. And yet let's be real: we aren't half as good last year if Richmond doesn't elevate his game. We only "could" have been a NCAA team because of him. Yes, Davis and Dawes played huge roles too, and Bediako to a lesser extent, but Richmond was the biggest factor and the guy who made all league.
I’m not denigrating Richmond or his contributions and he had a great year overall. The team struggled without him; the team struggled without Davis; and the team struggled without Dawes.

Davis brought it every night on both ends. By far the most consistent of the big 3 1/2. Maximized his talent. Kooks less consistent and Sha was pretty transparent about that.

I wish they both stayed, but we don’t have this roster if they stayed. I’m okay with the change. They are young and may underperform or they might make the dance. It’s a Sha type roster, so I’ll bet on the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT