ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond's back - per Jerry

TRUE SHU FAN

Sophomore
Jun 3, 2001
Per Jerry Carino on Twitter:

"My educated interpretation of this is Richmond is fine and there was nothing to inquire about. That's the vibe I am getting."

I don't remember reading that Kadary fractured his back last year , but if he did then any future injuries in the same area would take much longer to heal and would increase the likelyhood of inuries to the same area.
Based on how he was walking ..to me it didn't seem that bad.

Reactions: chickenbox
Yeah, I don’t care what anyone says, that fall last night did not look good. Kadary’s immediate reaction did not inspire a lot of confidence either. Call me a Doubting Thomas, but until I see with my own eyes that he’s okay, I’m going to be a bit anxious. Up until now, for once, it seems as though the injury bug had spared us this season. That could all come crashing down pretty quick. Honestly, he shouldn’t have even been out there at that point.

He seemed to injure his back in the first half initially. Was definitely holding it in an early timeout and took an offensive play or two off by drifting into the corner

Reactions: Hall Is Life
Yes - Dan posted on Trove. Kadary fractured his back last year in the game against UCONN. You just need to let it heal. I think Dan said it takes 4-6 months.

I can assure you, him falling last night was not ideal. Nonetheless, it looked like he fell on his hip so hopefully it is not too bad. Of course, we are SHU fans so it is fair to assume the worst.

I’m more concerned with Covid right now. Pitino got it. That means it is probably in his team and we just had our guys go face to face with them for two hours. Hopefully, nothing comes of it.
Most people at this point have been exposed to it by now and have antibodies. Hopefully this team wasn't forced to take the clot shot becasue all the new studies are showing it makes you MORE susceptible to getting sick. The more boosters you take the more weakened your immune system becomes.

Dingle had Covid last night too. That’s why he didn’t play. He’s around the team a lot more than Pitino 🙏

Most people at this point have been exposed to it by now and have antibodies. Hopefully this team wasn't forced to take the clot shot becasue all the new studies are showing it makes you MORE susceptible to getting sick. The more boosters you take the more weakened your immune system becomes.
I wouldn’t say I’m terribly concerned about COVID at this point, but literally not a word of this is true at all. But if you want to yell crazy shit on a street corner, do it on the Current Events Board, which is exclusively for that purpose.

I wouldn’t say I’m terribly concerned about COVID at this point, but literally not a word of this is true at all. But if you want to yell crazy shit on a street corner, do it on the Current Events Board, which is exclusively for that purpose.
I’m concerned about Covid. I’m concerned about the flu. I’m concerned about fits of diarrhea. I’m concerned about any illness that might make a player get sick and miss a game.

But some on this board and society have to invoke political discussions and hysteria when one is mentioned.

I mean, the audacity that Pitino took a Covid test when he was feeling really ill to get the proper treatment, how dare we test. And if that test came back negative and the flu test was positive, he still would have missed a game. Treatment would vary, might take Tamiflu. Maybe he took Paxlovid with the diagnosis, maybe not… personal choice.

Some here would rather have mono ravage the team than have a player sit out because of Covid.

I’m concerned about Covid. I’m concerned about the flu. I’m concerned about fits of diarrhea. I’m concerned about any illness that might make a player get sick and miss a game.

But some on this board and society have to invoke political discussions and hysteria when one is mentioned.

I mean, the audacity that Pitino took a Covid test when he was feeling really ill to get the proper treatment, how dare we test. And if that test came back negative and the flu test was positive, he still would have missed a game. Treatment would vary, might take Tamiflu. Maybe he took Paxlovid with the diagnosis, maybe not… personal choice.

Some here would rather have mono ravage the team than have a player sit out because of Covid.
Probably an even better way of saying what I meant.

Absolutely, but let’s discuss this over on the Life off the Ship board.

Or everyone get covid

I'll leave it at this so that the thread doesn't get locked but every word in my post is 100% True.

Also while on this subject- there would be no way Jerry would have any insight or ability to know Kadarys status within the initial timeframe of after the game. Back injuries, even fractures, would have pain associated symptoms appear in the subsequent 12-36 hours. So place no stake in this tweet.

But KR is likely going to be fine for Saturday

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Also while on this subject- there would be no way Jerry would have any insight or ability to know Kadarys status within the initial timeframe of after the game. Back injuries, even fractures, would have pain associated symptoms appear in the subsequent 12-36 hours. So place no stake in this tweet.

But KR is likely going to be fine for Saturday
🤞

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT