ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders

Sanders could/should be a rotation player. Not a starter but has good basketball senses and had some good minutes. He deferred a lot to starters and needs to step up his defense, but he could be an effective 10-15 guy.

This isn’t aimed specifically at the OP, because plenty of others do it here too, but when starting a new thread, can we try to create a thread title that actually says something? “Sanders” communicates nothing. Did he enter the portal? Did he win the lottery? Did something bad happen to him? Give a modicum of effort, please, so readers can determine if a thread is worth opening or not.

Last edited:
This isn’t aimed specifically at the OP, because it’s rampant here, but when starting a new thread, can we try to create a thread title that actually says something? “Sanders” communicates nothing. Did he enter the portal? Did he win the lottery? Did something bad happen to him? Give a modicum of effort, please, so readers can determine if a thread is worth opening or not.
Thank you!

Reactions: SHUSource
We’ve watched him for 2 seasons now. If you look at BE vs lesser opponents the production is night and day. That’s the question here. Can he take a jump? Idk.

Reactions: Burnsly
This isn’t aimed specifically at the OP, because it’s rampant here, but when starting a new thread, can we try to create a thread title that actually says something? “Sanders” communicates nothing. Did he enter the portal? Did he win the lottery? Did something bad happen to him? Give a modicum of effort, please, so readers can determine if a thread is worth opening or not.
I may be just a duck 🦆, but I agree

That would spoil the suspense.

We’ve watched him for 2 seasons now. If you look at BE vs lesser opponents the production is night and day. That’s the question here. Can he take a jump? Idk.
I will know right away when next year starts. He works hard in the off season and comes back in shape and ready to go I believe he’s a player who will play 15-20 minutes. Sha is pushing him, sees potential or he would be gone. He could surprise all of us next year!

C’mon. You’re cutting away the guts of clickbaiting.

His great hustle and confidence down the stretch really changed my opinion of him, stepped up in some huge moments and showed a confidence we hadn’t seen before.

I hope he decides to return to South Orange next year and continue to develop under Sha.
And in fairness, he got much longer stretches of playing time with Coleman out. He stepped up and answered the bell. Not only hit 3s, but defended, moved without the ball and hit on some back door cuts to the hoop.

I think it was a turning point for his confidence and the coach's confidence in him.

And in fairness, he got much longer stretches of playing time with Coleman out. He stepped up and answered the bell. Not only hit 3s, but defended, moved without the ball and hit on some back door cuts to the hoop.

I think it was a turning point for his confidence and the coach's confidence in him.
Exactly right, I think he fits the type of player our coach is looking for. Moves without the ball is a key ingredient why I believe he will be better than most on this board think. Next year if we are looking for him he will answer the bell.

IMO, confidence was the issue this year. He looked earlier like he didnt think he was as good as the other guys and didnt want to get in the way. I think that effected his shot. He looked as good as I hoped he would look in the NIT games. Loved his cuts to the hoop. And he wanted to get the ball and hit the shots from three when he got them. Impressive NIT stats, all but one three from the last three games, 9-15 including 6-10 from three.

I believe he can be a decent off the bench player.. Can he come in and hit two or three shots as a reserve? The key is to maintain fundamental discipline with his release. It was disappointing that for a good segment of the season his confidence was not there. It was very good to see the form and confidence return in the last part of the season. I’ll defer to Sha on this one.

Reactions: Bluebeard
I agree he has a decent offensive game, and some potential there, but he really needs to improve on defense. He was near the bottom of the conference in defensive rating, defensive box plus minus, defensive rebounding percentage, and steal percentage.

For most of the BE, especially the last 5 games, I wanted him to SHOOT. He kept looking to pass no matter when he caught the ball, even when open. He has great range and a great shot. I hope he stays and shoots 40% next year. He's capable of this. I thought as we all did that, he played great in the NIT. Let's hope that turns the corner for him. If he lost 15 pounds, and continues his solid D, he'll play 20+ mins next year.

I believe he can be a decent off the bench player.. Can he come in and hit two or three shots as a reserve? The key is to maintain fundamental discipline with his release. It was disappointing that for a good segment of the season his confidence was not there. It was very good to see the form and confidence return in the last part of the season. I’ll defer to Sha on this one.

Never mind. lol

I wont lose sleep but I dont think he stinks. I would like him to come back but not sure he wants to sit as a Jr.

Reactions: PROF Ed
Unless he’s thinks he’s better off at a mid major I’m not sure what he’s thinking. With Dawes leaving, the 2 Guard spot is wide open or at least more PT. He’s not getting any meaningful NIL $ anywhere.

Unless he’s thinks he’s better off at a mid major I’m not sure what he’s thinking.

That's probably what he's thinking. He's just hasn't shown he is good enough to get consistent minutes.
He had a roll here though if he was up for playing 5-10 min per game and working to earn more than that.

Ironkaz said mean things about everyone on game threads. We all know it was in the heat of the moment.

Reactions: IronKaz1
Unless he’s thinks he’s better off at a mid major I’m not sure what he’s thinking. With Dawes leaving, the 2 Guard spot is wide open or at least more PT. He’s not getting any meaningful NIL $ anywhere.
Maybe mid-major is where he's headed. I think he should stay, but perhaps he feels his defense will never measure up with Sha and he will never get the minutes he wants. Too bad. Gone are the days when a player waits his turn - rewind to Donald Copeland - and had a breakout senior year that helped us reach the NCAAs.

Maybe mid-major is where he's headed. I think he should stay, but perhaps he feels his defense will never measure up with Sha and he will never get the minutes he wants. Too bad. Gone are the days when a player waits his turn - rewind to Donald Copeland - and had a breakout senior year that helped us reach the NCAAs.
I'm curious how many players on the roster have ever really been part of a team as opposed to playing on 5 teams. Moving from team to team is something they've done their entire life, this is no different. It's never been about building something up, it's about find the next thing that's better. Sad to watch and probably why I will be watching professional sports more, most likely NHL.

I will miss Sanders and his three point shot. He would thrive in a system where offense is king and defense is a mere necessary evil.

Ironkaz said mean things about everyone on game threads. We all know it was in the heat of the moment.
Ironkaz says mean things about himself when pissed, but once relaxed, love myself very much haha so yall know me by now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT