ADVERTISEMENT

Saw this and laughed

Cawthorn part of the idiot squad with MTG and Pedo Gaetz

It is disappointing how extremists like him get elected.

Year kinda like Omar a member of the police hating democratic squad.

Saw this and laughed. This hypocritical "rules for thee but not for me" whacko.

55997-stacey-abrams-panics-deletes-maskless-photo-of-her-surrounded-by-masked-children-during-visit-to-georgia-elementary-school.jpg

BTW, when is she finally going to concede the 2018 GA governors race???

Reactions: dehere23 and shu09
I laughed when I saw the NYC mayor calling white officers crackers.
He also said this yesterday:

“Food is like a drug. You take someone on heroin, put them in one room, and someone hooked on cheese, put [them] in another room, and you take it away, I challenge you to tell me the person who’s hooked on heroin and who’s hooked on cheese,” Adams said, according to Newsweek.

He also said this yesterday:

“Food is like a drug. You take someone on heroin, put them in one room, and someone hooked on cheese, put [them] in another room, and you take it away, I challenge you to tell me the person who’s hooked on heroin and who’s hooked on cheese,” Adams said, according to Newsweek.

That was hyperbole. It was a good message overall to encourage people to eat healthier. That’s a good thing.

You laughed two years ago?
No I just saw that now. But if you want to talk about laughs from years ago, I laughed 20 years ago when Howard Stern sang every homo and the gay way. I also laughed at Jimmy Kimmel on the Man Show. Champions of the left who will never face consequences for things they did years ago while others will.

Last edited:
This made me laugh, no it’s not. Comparing cheese eaters to heroine users is just ridiculous. Even as hyperbole, it’s hysterical.

The comparison was dumb, but bad diets are hard to change. Several people on this board want political leaders to encourage healthier habits. Encouraging people to eat more plants is a good thing.

The comparison was dumb, but bad diets are hard to change. Several people on this board want political leaders to encourage healthier habits. Encouraging people to eat more plants is a good thing.
This is another laugh out loud moment, like the government knows what best?

Trans fats to saturated fats government history??

Two issues...government should be promoting healthy living, BUT recommending people talk to health experts, like their physician when it comes to health (eating, exercise vaccines, medications, etc.).

With that said, politicians are the least trusted group on the planet, so any messaging they provide is usually ignored/dismissed. They have earned the abysmal approval rating they have gotten and no one should listen to them until they act responsibly.

Reactions: shu09 and SPK145
This made me laugh, no it’s not. Comparing cheese eaters to heroine users is just ridiculous. Even as hyperbole, it’s hysterical.
tge reason cheese was used is because there have been studies showing that cheese is more addictive paychologically. why most studies are dumb

Nitpicking quite a bit there. He said to eat more plants.
That's a good thing.
He said eating healthy is difficult but we would have better health if we tried to improve.

Two issues...government should be promoting healthy living, BUT recommending people talk to health experts, like their physician when it comes to health (eating, exercise vaccines, medications, etc.).

With that said, politicians are the least trusted group on the planet, so any messaging they provide is usually ignored/dismissed. They have earned the abysmal approval rating they have gotten and no one should listen to them until they act responsibly.

All of your talk about government messaging and now you go with no one listens to them anyway and they deserve to be dismissed?

Nitpicking quite a bit there. He said to eat more plants.
That's a good thing.
He said eating healthy is difficult but we would have better health if we tried to improve.
Not to nitpick as well, but how is healthy eating "difficult"?

smh... How's the view from the ivory tower?
ivory tower indeed. whatever fits with that bias goes. hes been caught in contradictions, deflections, and motives clearly disregarding anything that doesnt align with his bias. been exposed at a high rate lately.

sad because he has some good points.

Reactions: Merge
Because there are so many reasons.
Cost, time, access, culture, education etc etc etc...It's not really a controversial statement.
those issues dont exist in his world. everyone has the same resources and experience that he has , duh.

Cost, time, access, culture, education etc etc etc...It's not really a controversial statement.
Difficult is not having a place to sleep, having a major health issue, not being able to find a job. Education is not “difficult”. Everyone is walking around with super computers in their pocket where they can ask any question about what is healthy, what it costs, where to find it…etc. Does it take some time and effort? Yes.

How much of cost is because we subsidize bad food? I believe I read we subsidize the meat and dairy industry with $38 billion. We subsidize for fruits and veggies $17 million. The system is designed for our health to fail.

Reactions: Merge
Difficult is not having a place to sleep, having a major health issue, not being able to find a job. Education is not “difficult”. Everyone is walking around with super computers in their pocket where they can ask any question about what is healthy, what it costs, where to find it…etc. Does it take some time and effort? Yes.

Nothing is difficult because some things are more difficult? That's nonsense.

If eating healthy was easy, everyone would be eating healthy.
It's not just about education. There are so many reasons why people who even know better find it difficult to eat healthier. I touched on some above.

How much of cost is because we subsidize bad food? I believe I read we subsidize the meat and dairy industry with $38 billion. We subsidize for fruits and veggies $17 million. The system is designed for our health to fail.

Absolutely. Cost is a factor for sure.

Nothing is difficult because some things are more difficult? That's nonsense.

If eating healthy was easy, everyone would be eating healthy.
It's not just about education. There are so many reasons why people who even know better find it difficult to eat healthier. I touched on some above.
Sure, because that is our culture (which the government has had a major role in shaping)...indulge and then take a pill when your numbers come back lousy. Walk through a supermarket in the U.S. and do the same in Europe. The amount of processed and junk foods is significantly different.

We know that it is not expensive to eat healthy, no more than making unhealthy choices.
I love a great cheeseburger as much as the next guy, and I'll never be vegan, but you can make good choices (that aren't difficult) and still indulge on occasion. As I said, it does take some effort and good decision making.

Absolutely. Cost is a factor for sure.
Yeah but it's comical when politicians make comments like that because they subsidize the bad food. A one pound burger would cost something like $30-35 without subsizing the meat and dairy industry. If we wanted to we could make spinach, kale, berries, etc cost a dime. Seems like common sense the government would do that to help the people stay healthy. This isn't brain surgery. But they don't. Why?

Sure, because that is our culture (which the government has had a major role in shaping)...indulge and then take a pill when your numbers come back lousy. Walk through a supermarket in the U.S. and do the same in Europe. The amount of processed and junk foods is significantly different.

Right, and as you'll notice, I listed culture as a part of why it is difficult.

We know that it is not expensive to eat healthy, no more than making unhealthy choices.
I love a great cheeseburger as much as the next guy, and I'll never be vegan, but you can make good choices (that aren't difficult) and still indulge on occasion. As I said, it does take some effort and good decision making.

We're not talking about an indulgence. There are just lots of reasons why people find it difficult to eat healthier.
Good you haven't had those experiences, but just because you haven't experienced something, that doesn't mean others haven't.

A mayor offering empathy understanding that people can struggle, calling it difficult and encouraging them to eat better really shouldn't be a controversial.

Yeah but it's comical when politicians make comments like that because they subsidize the bad food. A one pound burger would cost something like $30-35 without subsizing the meat and dairy industry. If we wanted to we could make spinach, kale, berries, etc cost a dime. Seems like common sense the government would do that to help the people stay healthy. This isn't brain surgery. But they don't. Why?

All he said was "eat more plants". Really not that crazy.

I've never looked into meat subsidies, but in general I'd agree healthier foods should be subsidized to encourage better eating habits.

All he said was "eat more plants". Really not that crazy.

I've never looked into meat subsidies, but in general I'd agree healthier foods should be subsidized to encourage better eating habits.
No it's not that crazy at all. But for all the reasons you mentioned, he's part of making that happen. Make it easier for people to eat healthy and maybe they just will.

I strongly suggest you do some reading on meat and dairy subsidies. I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

Right, and as you'll notice, I listed culture as a part of why it is difficult.

We're not talking about an indulgence. There are just lots of reasons why people find it difficult to eat healthier.
Good you haven't had those experiences, but just because you haven't experienced something, that doesn't mean others haven't.

A mayor offering empathy understanding that people can struggle, calling it difficult and encouraging them to eat better really shouldn't be a controversial.
Circular discussion. It’s not easy and I’m not dismissing that there needs to be effort and work done, but eating healthy is mostly about personal responsibility which is in your control. Information is readily available.

Hard/difficult is when there are overwhelming factors that you don’t have much ability to effect.

Hopefully you'll laugh. Or cry.

The 2021 American Rescue Plan included $1 billion for meatpacking plants. Now loons like Elizabeth Warren who voted for that bill complain that meat producers are greedy. That's a real SMH moment:

1) A few months ago they needed to be subsidized but now they are greedy?

2) Simple economics tell you that when you add taxpayer funds like this it's a license to raise prices. (See also higher education, etc.)

Reactions: Pirata and HALL85
Circular discussion. It’s not easy and I’m not dismissing that there needs to be effort and work done, but eating healthy is mostly about personal responsibility which is in your control. Information is readily available.

Hard/difficult is when there are overwhelming factors that you don’t have much ability to effect.

Just making up your own definition of difficult. Neat.

Hopefully you'll laugh. Or cry.

The 2021 American Rescue Plan included $1 billion for meatpacking plants. Now loons like Elizabeth Warren who voted for that bill complain that meat producers are greedy. That's a real SMH moment:

1) A few months ago they needed to be subsidized but now they are greedy?

2) Simple economics tell you that when you add taxpayer funds like this it's a license to raise prices. (See also higher education, etc.)

1. That $1 billion was for smaller famers to complete with the people she was calling greedy.

2. That's when the subsidy is provided to the consumer though. Subsidies to farmers wouldn't increase prices on their own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT