ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Selection Sunday

STLPirate12

All Big East
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2017
Happy selection Sunday,

I imagine I'm not alone in saying I got more joy from Seton Hall basketball than I possibly would have imagined before the season. We came in with fairly low expectations - most expected us to be in a grouping with DePaul and Georgetown - and our team blew those expectations away. They represented Seton Hall well and gave us plenty to cheer about, winning 13 Big East games and finishing just 1 (triple OT) game out of second.

We hope that today's announcement gives us more meaningful games to play, but even if it doesn't - remember that after the 12/9 game and even as late as 12/19, if anyone mentioned the words "Seton Hall" and "bubble" in the same sentence every single one of you, even the most optimistic, would have laughed them out of the room.

This team has done us proud and given themselves a chance, but they face the strongest bubble perhaps ever plus an abnormal number of bid thieves. It's very possible it doesn't happen, and I recommend we all come to peace with that. It'll be disappointing if it goes that way, but don't let it spoil the whole season. They gave us plenty to be proud of and brought us joy. That's the whole point of sports, is it not?

Relax, enjoy your Sunday, and it is what it is.

Go Pirates!

Happy selection Sunday,

I imagine I'm not alone in saying I got more joy from Seton Hall basketball than I possibly would have imagined before the season. We came in with fairly low expectations - most expected us to be in a grouping with DePaul and Georgetown - and our team blew those expectations away. They represented Seton Hall well and gave us plenty to cheer about, winning 13 Big East games and finishing just 1 (triple OT) game out of second.

We hope that today's announcement gives us more meaningful games to play, but even if it doesn't - remember that after the 12/9 game and even as late as 12/19, if anyone mentioned the words "Seton Hall" and "bubble" in the same sentence every single one of you, even the most optimistic, would have laughed them out of the room.

This team has done us proud and given themselves a chance, but they face the strongest bubble perhaps ever plus an abnormal number of bid thieves. It's very possible it doesn't happen, and I recommend we all come to peace with that. It'll be disappointing if it goes that way, but don't let it spoil the whole season. They gave us plenty to be proud of and brought us joy. That's the whole point of sports, is it not?

Relax, enjoy your Sunday, and it is what it is.

Go Pirates!
That is really well said.
Sometimes you need a little perspective to see the big picture.

And it’s ok to have expectations change as the season progresses…that’s normal…but taken as a whole, this season has been a success regardless what happens today.

Now give us our bid!!!!!

lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT