ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule comes out next week.

They must be working on how to squeeze in some more weekday night games that won't get me home until 1am in the morning. Can't wait!!!! hahahaha

I'm hoping I can get another game on my birthday, these 2/28 games are becoming a tradition for me.

I'm more curious about who are opener is against. Will this be a NYE or New Year's Day deal like the last couple of years? Also wondering/hoping we'll get Nova on the road on a weekend game where we'll have a chance to get a decent road crowd at Wells Fargo.

I wonder if the BE will go back to its old format of everyone playing on NYE with the college football playoff on New Year's Day or will it remain on MLK

SHUsource can't wait, I hate Weekday games at night, weekend games and any games that are scheduled during family bbq's

Dan any schedule tidbits to hold us over for the next 24 hours? As a Giants fan, I'd appreciate the distraction..

A lot of weekend afternoon home games. 1 early 6:30 home game vs Creighton, 1 late 8:30 home game vs Nova. Much better than last year.

SHUsource can't wait, I hate Weekday games at night, weekend games and any games that are scheduled during family bbq's
Yeah, the Thanksgiving game at 6 p.m. is completely idiotic and I won't see it, but the rest of it looks great, especially the nooner on Super Bowl Sunday in Philadelphia. I hope it goes into seven overtimes so I can have 95 to myself while everyone else is watching two teams they couldn't care less about in the Super Bowl.

I also love the New Year's Eve matchup with St. John's, whether it's at noon or 5. Either way is great. The noon, mid-December Saturday game at Ruptures is an ideal way to wean myself from college football. I also like the late, 8:30 start against Villanova at home - plenty of time for me to get up there and even have some dinner before the tip.

The URI game on Thanksgiving is really the only brainless item on this year's slate.

What crutch is Willard going to lean on this year if we lose a couple in a row? Hopefully, the first-round NCAA game is in Gdansk at 2 a.m. so he doesn't fall too far out of practice.

What crutch is Willard going to lean on this year if we lose a couple in a row? Hopefully, the first-round NCAA game is in Gdansk at 2 a.m. so he doesn't fall too far out of practice.

Wow the season hasn't even started.

The guy doesn't need a crutch. He needs a raise or an extension. Back to back tournament appearances. Back to back 20 win seasons. A big east title. And finally he turned around a 3-6 big east team around to make the dance. No reason we shouldn't get to the dance the next 3 years straight. When it's all said and done he should make the dance more times consecutively than PJ did. Definitely needs to win a game or 2 in the dance this year, but even if we lose a couple in a row, it shouldn't matter, just like it doesn't matter when all of the other good teams lose a couple in a row.

Just look at this mess:

Sun. 11/12: Jacksonville
Wed. 11/15: Mount St. Mary’s
Sat. 11/18: Maryland-Eastern Shore
Sat. 11/25: at Richmond
Tues. 11/18: Maine
Sun. 12/3: Coppin State
Fri. 12/7: Howard
Sat. 12/9: North Carolina A&T
Sat. 12/16: Syracuse
Wed. 12/20: North Texas State
Sat. 12/23: Alabama A&M

That is an abomination. Didn't they back out of their game with Maryland too? The Phone Booth will be deserted this winter.

As I recall, they used to play that same sort of awful nonconference schedule under Big John Thompson. In fact, this one is missing St. Leo's. So maybe Ewing is taking a page from his mentor?

It is an abomination, but I don't blame them. They have barely any talent on the team, and a guy who has never coached at the college level before. And then his right hand man is Mr. Aloof Louis Orr...not exactly scaring anyone either. They will be dreadful this year and have no chance of making the tourney. So I get the thought process of "why bother". I would have scheduled at least one other good game though, just for their fans to have something to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT