ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons to be hopeful

newshu1

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2016
since 1985 Big east has only got 3 teams in once (1993)
no power conference team 6 games over .500 has ever been left out
teamrankings.com has Seton hall 82% this am receiving at large bid
over last 20 years, teams with resumes most similar to Seton Hall received a bid 8 of 10 times

If we end up at historic Wash Gym next week, most crushing seton hall seasons:

1. 1993 flame out
2. 2020 Covid year cancellation with a top 4 seed locked up
3. This year
4. 2003 snub

over last 20 years, teams with resumes most similar to Seton Hall received a bid 8 of 10 times

1. 1993 flame out
3. This year
4. 2003 snub
I will be disappointed and surprised but not crushed by any means. This pales for example to 2020.

The hope is the following and any notion that the BE should not only have 3 teams based on its performance.

If it’s all these metrics were out.

The teamrankings thing is very intriguing. What is their accuracy over the years?

The problem is which teams can we supersede? Maybe, SJU, Virginia, Providence? Colorado looks solid. Florida Atlantic deserves to be out for their pathetic defense against Temple . My hope is they slotted us in already because of 13-7 and fourth place with the 2 big wins. Even in that scenario, the bid stealers may have replaced Seton Hall.

The problem is which teams can we supersede? Maybe, SJU, Virginia, Providence? Colorado looks solid. Florida Atlantic deserves to be out for their pathetic defense against Temple . My hope is they slotted us in already because of 13-7 and fourth place with the 2 big wins. Even in that scenario, the bid stealers may have replaced Seton Hall.
FAU, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Colorado, Mississippi State, plus the teams you mentioned. We deserve a bid over all of those teams and that’s what I’m hoping the committee sees as well. Northwestern too for that matter. A case can be made for all of those teams. Let’s hope the committee views us favorably even though our mathematical computer equation stinks.

I’ve accepted that it’s not going to happen. I think we deserve it, but the committee has never done us any favors in the past, so no expectations that will change today. If I’m wrong, I’ll be a very pleasant surprise.
Well, I think we got a favor from the committee in 1994 when a PJ 17-13 team in 7th place made the tourney. Riding mostly on the prior 5 years success. But to your point, usually no favors.i am optimistic but wouldn't be surprised to be left out.

I’d put SHU ahead of Oklahoma and Mississippi but Colorado and Michigan St look like toss up

And yes obviously ahead of Johnnies and Providence

Michigan St winning 3 of 12 Q1 games and 9 of 23 Q1/Q2 is an abomination. I'd be shocked if we're in now, but nobody can say we didn't deserve it over these frauds.

Joe (dumb ass) Lunardi was talking about Iowa St getting a 1 seed. Mentioned it was not gone happen cause with their SOS it never happened in the last 30 yrs. Does he know no P6 team with a over 6 record over.500 (13-7 SHU) in the regular season conference was left out of the field.

1. 1993 flame out
3. This year
4. 2003 snub
This is all true, but what is also true is there has never been a year with 6 bid stealers. Last year it was 0 and if it was the same this year we would have been comfortably in.

FAU, Oklahoma, Michigan State, Colorado, Mississippi State, plus the teams you mentioned. We deserve a bid over all of those teams and that’s what I’m hoping the committee sees as well. Northwestern too for that matter. A case can be made for all of those teams. Let’s hope the committee views us favorably even though our mathematical computer equation stinks.
How about Boise State? Everyone considers them a lock.

0 notable non conference wins. 10 losses overall. No wins that compare to our top wins

Reactions: Hall Is Life
I’ve accepted that it’s not going to happen. I think we deserve it, but the committee has never done us any favors in the past, so no expectations that will change today. If I’m wrong, I’ll be a very pleasant surprise.
Committee did them a major solid in 1994.

EDIT just seeing now this was mentioned already above.

I just cant see a 13-7 BE team with 5 quad 1 wins being spurned, you gotta give credit to where its due, and like NOBODY beat UCONN cept well a few including US by 15 mind you

I am hoping they had to go back to the drawing board because of all the upsets. It is one thing to slot some of these teams in when you have enough spots for most. Now, there are not and the Committee should reassess because some worthy teams will be left out moreso than other years.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
4th in Big East at 13-7 should be automatic im sorry, I dont care about Gtown and Depaul cuz everyone else beat them as well, were 2 games ahead of the next team whom we beat 2-1 series wise and we beat #1 by 15 mind you

If the football conferences want to keep the NET, no better way to do so than by picking Seton Hall with a very low NET, but a good body of work otherwise and the best win of any bubble team.

Vegas has Okahoma -320 to make the dance, and +225 to not.

A&M -440 to make the dance, +290 to not.

St. John's -205 to make the dance, +152 to not.

Seton Hall is +520 to make the dance, and minus -1000 to not make the dance.

If you are out of NJ, and I'm not presently, you can put down $300 bucks for the Hall to make the tourney and get a real nice return on that money. Whereas if you want to be "luxury insurance", you would have to place $1000 to get paid $100 if we do not make the dance.

does that mean Vegas supports us?
Sounds like Vegas isn’t expecting a bid. And they usually aren’t blowing in the wind (although hopefully it is just a function of SHU’s lesser prominence among the general betting public, resulting in less money coming in on the Pirates and therefore longer odds).

Providence is behind you the teams you need to be would be SJU and Virginia. Leads me to believe that if you won your BET game you would have comfortably been in. You are definitely in the conversation regardless.

Reactions: shupat08
Vegas has Okahoma -320 to make the dance, and +225 to not.

A&M -440 to make the dance, +290 to not.

St. John's -205 to make the dance, +152 to not.

Seton Hall is +520 to make the dance, and minus -1000 to not make the dance.

If you are out of NJ, and I'm not presently, you can put down $300 bucks for the Hall to make the tourney and get a real nice return on that money. Whereas if you want to be "luxury insurance", you would have to place $1000 to get paid $100 if we do not make the dance.

Seton hall is a great bet at those odds.

All of these bubble teams are equal in my opinion. No way should St. Johns be that much higher.

That said, it is not looking food but we have a greater chance that the 18% or whatever this is implying

1. 1993 flame out
3. This year
4. 2003 snub
Does this mean
Seton hall is a great bet at those odds.

All of these bubble teams are equal in my opinion. No way should St. Johns be that much higher.

That said, it is not looking food but we have a greater chance that the 18% or whatever this is implying
If st johns makes it over us I'm gonna be pissed
Take away georgetown and depaul wins in conference.
St johns 7-9
Hall 9-7

At +575 odds to make it, have a friend (if you live in NJ) throw some $ at the line. That’s what I did and 5+ return is dynamite.

I would venture to guess not many team six games over in big east has had as bad of out of conference. It was very bad out of conference performance. That is reason we could end being first. Plus, performance Thursday did not help. Hope we sneak in but have my doubts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT