ADVERTISEMENT

IN / DAYTON / OUT?

Early Evening Update:

Pitt Loses to UNC - they are OUT
OSU Loses to Illinois - they are OUT
Providence loses to Marquette - they are OUT
Texas A&M beat Kentucky - they should be IN. Massive quad 1 wins / plenty of quad 3 loses. - feels like Dayton

So that now leaves now 6 spots for 7 teams.

Seton Hall
SJU
New Mexico
Colorado
Virginia
Texas A&M
Indiana St

But this could shrink with bid stealers:
Bid Stealer Alert - AAC (anyone but FAU)
Bid Stealer Alert - PAC12 (Oregon)
Bid Stealer Alert - ACC (NC State)

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
Early Evening Update:

Pitt Loses to UNC - they are OUT
OSU Loses to Illinois - they are OUT
Providence loses to Marquette - they are OUT
Texas A&M beat Kentucky - they should be IN. Massive quad 1 wins / plenty of quad 3 loses. - feels like Dayton

So that now leaves now 6 spots for 7 teams.

Seton Hall
SJU
New Mexico
Colorado
Virginia
Texas A&M
Indiana St

I'd rather see NC State beat Virginia. They will probably lose to UNC. Say they win, would they knock out Virginia??

Reactions: mzadnik
I'd rather see NC State beat Virginia. They will probably lose to UNC. Say they win, would they knock out Virginia??
I don’t know if they knock Virginia out. But I believe they would sit behind us in the group I highlighted above if they were to lose.

So yes I am rooting for NC st in this game.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
Tryese Samuel with a big feature on his game today. Looked like the player we always hoped he'd be. played with a lot more confidence and chalked it up to experience. Year 5 seniors very valuable lol

Reactions: buckfoston824
Not sure if I would call the second one us embarrassing them. Great rally down 19.

But when it comes to recency bias the committee is going to be impressed by their recent stretch and have already said they will use the Pitino didn’t coach factor in the first loss to us. 🤷‍♂️
Will there be any factor in not having Kadary for a couple games—one specifically with Providence besting SHU by only 4 without him playing?

I don’t know if they knock Virginia out. But I believe they would sit behind us in the group I highlighted above if they were to lose.

So yes I am rooting for NC st in this game.
Well, UVA lost. At this point I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Well, UVA lost. At this point I don’t know if that’s good or bad.

Virginia (23-10)
Best Wins:
N: Florida
H: Texas A&M, Wake Forrest
A: Clemson

Bad Losses:
NONE

NET: 50
SOR: 25
OOC SOS: 167
SOS: 78
Quad 1: 2-6
Quad 1/2: 10-10

Their NET and SOR should drop a little so close to us in Metrics.

But our Quad 1 wins (5 vs 2) and the strength of our biggest wins should put us over the top compared to them IMO.

Virginia (23-10)
Best Wins:
N: Florida
H: Texas A&M, Wake Forrest
A: Clemson

Bad Losses:
NONE

NET: 50
SOR: 25
OOC SOS: 167
SOS: 78
Quad 1: 2-6
Quad 1/2: 10-10

Their NET and SOR should drop a little so close to us in Metrics.

But our Quad 1 wins (5 vs 2) and the strength of our biggest wins should put us over the top compared to them IMO.
as long as ncstate loses. but is the committee really going to leave 3rd place Virginia out (with their recent pedigree?)

as long as ncstate loses. but is the committee really going to leave 3rd place Virginia out (with their recent pedigree?)
I didn’t realize recent pedigree was a criteria. Does Sha’s St. Peter’s run give us bonus points?

If recent pedigree counts, do all the Willard first round exits hurt us?

Reactions: PirateFan94
I didn’t realize recent pedigree was a criteria. Does Sha’s St. Peter’s run give us bonus points?

If recent pedigree counts, do all the Willard first round exits hurt us?
Previous national champions get looks. look at syracuse the last time they made the final 4. the point is that there is no real criteria. its just about getting big names, good stories, etc. shu isnt big enough or small enough in that department

Wash st going down. Oregon and Colorado left. no bueno.

Previous national champions get looks. look at syracuse the last time they made the final 4. the point is that there is no real criteria. its just about getting big names, good stories, etc. shu isnt big enough or small enough in that department

Wash st going down. Oregon and Colorado left. no bueno.
Where do these people come up with these stories?

University brand has 0 criteria in at large selection. Overall record, ooc, conf record, sos, net, did your team change by iniuries etc...what is next ncaa will select based off best food on campus if so shu has no chance in hell

• Haha
Reactions: SHUsez
Late night update:

UVA chokes a game to NC state - on the bubble

Colorado beat Washington st. - should lock them into the dance. And now Seton Hall fans want them to win the PAC12 and prevent Oregon from being a bid stealer.

New Mexico in late night action vs Colorado St.

So that now leaves 5 spots for 7 teams.

Seton Hall
SJU
New Mexico
Virginia
Texas A&M
Indiana St
Providence - added them back to then end of this group with their 6 quad 1 wins.

Where do these people come up with these stories?

University brand has 0 criteria in at large selection. Overall record, ooc, conf record, sos, net, did your team change by iniuries etc...what is next ncaa will select based off best food on campus if so shu has no chance in hell
actually they came out and said NET has nothing to do with CHOOSING the tournament teams. i think, rather know thats a lie. no other way to explain SJU. everything is a lie. its a completely untransparent process from a small committee of biased schools.

Late night update:

UVA chocks a game to NC state - on the bubble

Colorado beat Washington st. - should lock them into the dance. And now Seton Hall fans want them to win the PAC12 and prevent Oregon from being a bid stealer.

New Mexico in late night action vs Colorado St.

So that now leaves now 5 spots for 7 teams.

Seton Hall
SJU
New Mexico
Virginia
Texas A&M
Indiana St
Providence - added them back to then end of this group with their 6 quad 1 wins.

i see no realm in which SJU or Providence can get in before shu, if this isnt a completle biased process, they have a worse resume as a fact. so if no bid stealers happen anyone with a sack has to put shu through. Not to mention i feel indiana st and uva are behind them as well. but shu is getting no love right now all because they had a bad game as their last game.

Reactions: Turiddu and SHUMAN
actually they came out and said NET has nothing to do with CHOOSING the tournament teams. i think, rather know thats a lie. no other way to explain SJU. everything is a lie. its a completely untransparent process from a small committee of biased schools.
How do they decide which teams get an at-large bid?
There are a multitude of stats and rankings that the Selection Committee takes into account, but there is no set formula that determines whether a team receives an at-large bid or not. The committee’s charge is simple: Select the best 36 at-large teams to join the 32 AQs. In previous years, the committee would use RPI as one of the primary sorting tool for each team’s resume, but that has been replaced by the NCAA's new NET ranking system in 2019.

The chair of the Men's Basketball Committee for the 2023-24 season is Charles McClelland, the commissioner of the Southwestern Athletic Conference. Other committee members include Renee Baumgartner, director of athletics at Santa Clara; Greg Byrne, director of athletics at Alabama; Barry Collier, director of athletics at Butler; Mark Coyle, director of athletics at Minnesota; Bubba Cunningham, director of athletics at North Carolina; Keith Gill, commissioner of the Sun Belt Conference; Arthur Johnson, director of athletics at Temple; Martin Newton, director of athletics at Samford; Jamie Pollard, director of athletics at Iowa State; and Tom Wistrcill, commissioner of the Big Sky Conference.

final Friday night update:

The last two results didn’t go the Hall’s way.

Colorado previously moved into 🔒 status

And New Mexico picked up its 25th win, 5th quad 1, and will improve upon an already strong NET of 23. They are now a 🔒

So that now leaves 4 spots for 6 teams.

Seton Hall
SJU
Virginia
Texas A&M
Indiana St
Providence

Reactions: buckfoston824
Let’s play a hypothetical. If all 3 remaining bid stealers come through that would leave one spot between SJU / SHU / UVA / Texas A&M.

What are the odds we would get it?

i see no realm in which SJU or Providence can get in before shu, if this isnt a completle biased process, they have a worse resume as a fact. so if no bid stealers happen anyone with a sack has to put shu through. Not to mention i feel indiana st and uva are behind them as well. but shu is getting no love right now all because they had a bad game as their last game.
I think a risk is that Seton Hall gets an asterisk on its UConn win due to Clingan's injury, Providence due to Hopkins injury, and St. John's due to Pitino being out (lol).

I know the Hall was leading UConn midway through the second half but I'm still worried they use it.

I think a risk is that Seton Hall gets an asterisk on its UConn win due to Clingan's injury, Providence due to Hopkins injury, and St. John's due to Pitino being out (lol).

I know the Hall was leading UConn midway through the second half but I'm still worried they use it.
Clingan played more than half the game. Clingan missed a bunch of games and no one beat them.

Do we get am asterisk on 2 of our losses without Khadary?

Ridiculous. UCONN went on to win their next five games missing Clingan in every one of them. He was available for more than half the game against us and we still beat them by 15.

I read somewhere that the selection committee acknowledged Pitino being out for the game in Newark.

Also this guy could be blowing complete smoke but...

Who is Kerry Miller? He/she has 3,000 followers. 😂

Everyone has an opinion.

I’m sorry but the Providence loss weighs heavily without Kadary if they factor in usage rate.

I don’t even know if they get that detailed though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT