Seton Hall hosts Wagner Nov 16

Wagner

Seton Hall University Logo

at
Seton Hall
Nov 16 (Sat)

South Orange, NJ
Walsh Gymnasium

It's unfortunate we don't have a decent alternative. If Walsh were reconfigured, I bet you could get it to 4,500 but anything less than 6,000 is not really suitable for a high major program.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
It's unfortunate we don't have a decent alternative. If Walsh were reconfigured, I bet you could get it to 4,500 but anything less than 6,000 is not really suitable for a high major program.

6,000 would be the sweet spot. That's about where St. John's and Villanova are on campus. Really, this is the type of game that should be played on-campus, with major non-conference and weekend conference games being played at The Rock.

I do think that the school should at least explore the possibility of a public-private partnership with Essex County for a renovation of South Mountain Arena or building a 5000-10000 seat arena somewhere else, ala what RU is doing with Middlesex County for baseball. I can't think of another county that has been as active in building parks and attractions than Essex County, it's not a totally unrealistic scenario to think they might want to build their own small arena like Trenton has.

6,000 would be the sweet spot. That's about where St. John's and Villanova are on campus. Really, this is the type of game that should be played on-campus, with major non-conference and weekend conference games being played at The Rock.

I do think that the school should at least explore the possibility of a public-private partnership with Essex County for a renovation of South Mountain Arena or building a 5000-10000 seat arena somewhere else, ala what RU is doing with Middlesex County for baseball. I can't think of another county that has been as active in building parks and attractions than Essex County, it's not a totally unrealistic scenario to think they might want to build their own small arena like Trenton has.
Trenton arena has little action nowadays

I believe it hosted 2 nec tournaments and a maac tournament in its first 4 or 5 years. Outside of the hs hoops event that would come every year they had a echl team with devs affiliation for about 15 years. Also believed it hosted womens ncaa twice. I guess music performance remain going there but not great big ones.

I think shu played rider there 1 time.

They made a big mistake not increasing seating when they had a chance now it is t o late and it's biting them in the ass!!

They made a big mistake not increasing seating when they had a chance now it is t o late and it's biting them in the ass!!
Not sure of the logistics, but at least enough to get season ticket holders in there would have been a plus.

I believe it hosted 2 nec tournaments and a maac tournament in its first 4 or 5 years. Outside of the hs hoops event that would come every year they had a echl team with devs affiliation for about 15 years. Also believed it hosted womens ncaa twice. I guess music performance remain going there but not great big ones.

True, but I think that Trenton has unique economic challenges that don't exist, at least to that extent in suburban Essex County. The arena also doesn't have a long-term tenant. SHU would be a anchor tenant here and I do believe it would attract events that might be too small for the Rock but perfect for a smaller arena, such as pro wrestling, MMA, concerts, high school and college basketball, etc.

A potential model could be the DC Entertainment and Sports Center which hosts the DC WNBA and G-League teams, capacity 4200. It is owned by DC government but exists in partnership with Monumental Sports which owns the arena, Wizards, and Capitals.

Why can’t Rutgers build up the baseball facility on campus? Weird to be playing big ten games at a community college essentially

To Shore Guy's point, the Trenton arena has four events scheduled between now and January.

There's a Jiu Jitsu tournament on Saturday, a basketball doubleheader featuring Princeton and Temple in November, a flea market in December and a Monster Truck event in January.

It's tough to run a venue on one event a month.

My guess is that you will be offered a credit towards your account for next year or an option to convert it to a donation to pirate blue.

• Wow
Reactions: silkcitypirate
My guess is that you will be offered a credit towards your account for next year or an option to convert it to a donation to pirate blue.
I’ll take a coupon for 3 beers and two hot dogs! That has to be $125!

many of us live in NNJ, you think Hall fans will drive in droves to Trenton?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT