ADVERTISEMENT

Shoutout for Dylan

Bluebeard

All World
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
I thought a thread on Dylan’s game was due after last night. He has been ripped on the board along with Dawes, but even more. I have been a supporter since he signed. LBP43 can confirm my enthusiasm for him as I remind him across the aisle while his son has his other ear. The last few games have been tough but man did he explode yesterday.

The shooting of Dawes at 4-11 after what he did over the last 4 games was refreshing, but Dylan’s 4-6 from three was great. He hit both shots inside the arch too. He was all over the court on D and in the right place when we had the ball. 6 assists to only 2 TO and 3 steals. Add in 6 rebounds with two OR as he played that disruptive effective way I remember him at St. Johns. These type of games are what I expected from him. Maybe not to this extent but closer to this than what he’s delivered.

It was also glaring the difference between this senior and how Coleman looks against P6 schools. I think he’s going to be great, but as people wanted him starting him over Dylan, I just don’t see that when I watch IC against P6 teams.

In addition to his precision bombing from outside I thought that his 6 assists were equally huge. He was dribbling in, drawing the defense on him and kicking it out effectively...... something I thought he struggled with in earlier games. Kudos to him on being player of the game, IMO. All around flawless game.

Last edited:
Great post. Count me another fan of Dylan's and hoping for a game like this. I saw him take it to Marquette a couple times last year and knew what he was capable of against high major competition.

I recall him playing good defense and holding Nick Honor in check for most of the game, as well - another important factor in the win yesterday.

Have to give my due to not only Wusu but to My Son and Bluebeard . The Kid played great and he hustled ---working on both O and D . Ironically he did this v Missouri --Show Me State Hope I see much more and will endure the smirks. :cool:

Reactions: Bluebeard
Great post. Count me another fan of Dylan's and hoping for a game like this. I saw him take it to Marquette a couple times last year and knew what he was capable of against high major competition.

I recall him playing good defense and holding Nick Honor in check for most of the game, as well - another important factor in the win yesterday.
I’ve always liked him as a versatile rotation player who can do some things on offense, plays hard and is physical. Defense? I’m not sure I’m with you there. His SJU teams were notoriously bad in the half court - perhaps because of how they played - and I don’t take much from anything we did defensively yesterday letting Mizzou hang 87 on us.

I’ve always liked him as a versatile rotation player who can do some things on offense, plays hard and is physical. Defense? I’m not sure I’m with you there. His SJU teams were notoriously bad in the half court - perhaps because of how they played - and I don’t take much from anything we did defensively yesterday letting Mizzou hang 87 on us.
The tempo played some role in the point totals yesterday. This was a game played at a fast pace.

We weren't great defensively but they shot right around their average overall (45.2% for the game, 45.1% for the season including Sunday). We also held them to 42% on two-point shots, well below their 53.1% for the year.

The tempo played some role in the point totals yesterday. This was a game played at a fast pace.

We weren't great defensively but they shot right around their average overall (45.2% for the game, 45.1% for the season including Sunday). We also held them to 42% on two-point shots, well below their 53.1% for the year.
Agreed. And they shot 50% from 3 on 24 attempts. I just don’t see Wusu as a great defender based on what he’s done in the Big East over his career. But the tempo clearly played a part on those SJU units he was part of that relied so much on the press and turnovers and which weren’t good in the halfcourt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT