ADVERTISEMENT

SJU Game Thread

chickenbox

All World
Jan 2, 2004
Moving quickly. Six field goals by six different players. Powell shot continues to be off but looks unlikely to matter.

Everything good so far.,Myles has had a few in and outs including the drive.

SJU? Rough start.

18-6 under 10 minutes.

27-13 under 8 minutes. Have to keep intensity in a game like this and that’s tough. Great energy by SHU getting the ball inside for easy hoops.

30-17 just over 3 minutes.. Willard has to make sure right combo of guys out there to maintain the lead.

Jerry Palm has Nova as a 2 and Seton Hall and Creighton as 3 seeds?

36-22 at the half. SJU hung around a bit., Solid half for the most part.

I would like to have seen a few more minutes for a Samuel. Powell was assertive but missed quite a few. Hopefully he will hit some in the second.

Overall, we need more Mamu Quincy and Gill offensively and less Powell. Can’t believe I’m saying that but the percentages are becoming impossible to ignore or explain away at this point.

Reactions: chickenbox
Overall, we need more Mamu Quincy and Gill offensively and less Powell. Can’t believe I’m saying that but the percentages are becoming impossible to ignore or explain away at this point.
Announcers starting to catch up to this as well. Call him a streaky shooter now instead of a good or great one. Seth Davis saying he has been running on fumes the past few weeks. Credit to others that we don't need Powell to carry the team for it to be successful. In fact, getting away from that mindset increases our chances for success.

Reactions: HALL28
Myles deep 3s and step backs just have to stop. They arent efficient and are becoming just like turnovers. We look better going inside

Playing well considering Powell 0-6 from three. Got to get him going for last three games and post season. He is passing ball nicely but need him to shoot better to make a deep run in March. Hope he hits a few in second half.

His playmaking has been good. He needs a pull up and end the poor shot selection

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT