ADVERTISEMENT

Social Media

SHUHoopsFan

All World
Oct 12, 2007
I'm shocked our very own social media guru TwitterGuy didn't start a thread on this, but Mark Zuckerberg has his ass handed to him in Washington. Hawley made him give an apology to all the parents who have lost loved ones due to cyber bullying. Very sad. Dude is worth over 100 billion and won't set up a fund to help those impacted.

Reactions: bac2therac
I'm shocked our very own social media guru TwitterGuy didn't start a thread on this, but Mark Zuckerberg has his ass handed to him in Washington. Hawley made him give an apology to all the parents who have lost loved ones due to cyber bullying. Very sad. Dude is worth over 100 billion and won't set up a fund to help those impacted.

And he went from an apology to an advertisement on how much money they were investing in security.

And he went from an apology to an advertisement on how much money they were investing in security.
His PR people are terrible. Hawley had to ask him if he apologized to the people. The first chance he got to speak should've been him turning around apologizing to the victims and it's his personal mission to see it never happens again.

His PR people are terrible. Hawley had to ask him if he apologized to the people. The first chance he got to speak should've been him turning around apologizing to the victims and it's his personal mission to see it never happens again.
Well Zuck did go to Harvard before dropping out…and as we know they do not do PR well.

I don't think it's Mark Zuckerberg's fault that people are cyber bullied. The fault lies with the bullies themselves. Just grandstanding by holier than thou politicians.

I don't think it's Mark Zuckerberg's fault that people are cyber bullied. The fault lies with the bullies themselves. Just grandstanding by holier than thou politicians.
You mean the guy who can wipe out every hunter biden story off his platform can’t have a strong enough presence to protect kids from sex offenders and bullies? The guy who can wipe every anti vax message off his platform has done all he can?

I agree the bullies themselves are the problem but i gotta believe Zuckerberg can pretty much figure out a way to do much more which will costs more and make shareholders upset, which is why he won’t do it.

Reactions: bac2therac
You mean the guy who can wipe out every hunter biden story off his platform can’t have a strong enough presence to protect kids from sex offenders and bullies? The guy who can wipe every anti vax message off his platform has done all he can?

I agree the bullies themselves are the problem but i gotta believe Zuckerberg can pretty much figure out a way to do much more which will costs more and make shareholders upset, which is why he won’t do it.
why would stakeholders be upset about that?

why would stakeholders be upset about that?
Big overhead cost that isn’t going to add much to the top line. Parents of kids who don’t let their kids on the Facebook aren’t going to say oh now it’s ok. If it that was a way to increase profit they would’ve done it already. Nobody is investing in the company for moral victories. They want profits, dividends, and an increase in stock value. Overhead doesn’t get that.

Big overhead cost that isn’t going to add much to the top line. Parents of kids who don’t let their kids on the Facebook aren’t going to say oh now it’s ok. If it that was a way to increase profit they would’ve done it already. Nobody is investing in the company for moral victories. They want profits, dividends, and an increase in stock value. Overhead doesn’t get that.
i dont think its a big overhead cost at all.

i dont think its a big overhead cost at all.
Great I just disagree. If this was a low cost fix, I think it would be a no brainer. Truth is $2 billion per quarter is not a big cost to Meta but I'm sure shareholders saying $8 billion per year sure as hell is big. The company will only make $32 billion a year instead of $40 billion.

Reactions: HALL85
Great I just disagree. If this was a low cost fix, I think it would be a no brainer. Truth is $2 billion per quarter is not a big cost to Meta but I'm sure shareholders saying $8 billion per year sure as hell is big. The company will only make $32 billion a year instead of $40 billion.
i get it but where do you get $8b to fix this problem? might not even be in the millions. in fact it probably could be done in a week. but doing so admits there's a problem

i get it but where do you get $8b to fix this problem? might not even be in the millions. in fact it probably could be done in a week. but doing so admits there's a problem

All I was saying is even if it is 8 billion it’s affordable by the company.

Would love to hear how it gets solved in a week? I think it’s as ridiculous of a timeline as thinking we can stop drug addicts from doing drugs, alcoholics from drinking, etc. in a week. This is a behavior pattern that isn’t going to change that quickly unless you’re going to give one user the power to kick another user off the platform which would never be allowed. At the same time, how would anyone know if something was bullying or trash talk between friends. Is everyone who gets picked on bullied? I just don’t think this is an easy fix and it will take a lot of resources to fix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT