ADVERTISEMENT

St John’s AD out

Remember cragg was a coach K guy...st johns athletic admin as goofy as shu in past era

I'd be a good amount of money this was a year in the works, and that Pitino and their school President started looking for a new AD option not long after Pitino took the gig last spring.

It appears Repole finally got his wish and is now running St. John’s Athletics. You just get the feeling that all the money you can throw at players will end up being a miss as far as expectations of results go.

Not surprising. Rick runs the show, wants the branding and resources set a certain way.

Pitino looks more unable to adapt with every one of these reports, someone used to his way of doing things (which largely involved throwing money at problems and/or bullying his way through administrator after administrator), while someone like Danny Hurley or even Shaheen Holloway is eating his lunch. Assembling a rotisserie roster is one thing, but he hasn't done anything with free agency yet. Where were the wins on the court? Even taking that one guy from our roster and pairing him in the backcourt with another guard who needs the ball in his hands to be effective was stupid, or at least a massive waste of resources. Build a roster thoughtfully, not based on whatever you can throw money at.

By the way, if you wanted unlimited resources at a university where no one would balk or even care, Pitino went to the wrong place. He needs to tap Repole for things like charter flights to places you can drive up and back in the same day. At a university where students are already wildly overpaying to attend, no administrator is going to blithely approve that cost.

And werent the flying conditions less than optimum?

but i bet rick blamed the bus cause he didnt want to throw his guys under the bus for all those shitty bounce passes

Reactions: HallX2 and PJVegas
And werent the flying conditions less than optimum?

but i bet rick blamed the bus cause he didnt want to throw his guys under the bus for all those shitty bounce passes
The passes were fine, the lack of lateral quickness was the problem.

This year he gave up lack of lateral quickness for general soreness.

The passes were fine, the lack of lateral quickness was the problem.

This year he gave up lack of lateral quickness for general soreness.
I hope the student section has a picture of Kadary with a General Uniform next year and a sign that says General Soreness. That would be funny and very distracting at the foul line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT