ADVERTISEMENT

St. John’s Men’s Basketball Inks Bryan Trimble

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

St. John’s Men’s Basketball Inks Bryan Trimble

Red Storm Receives Commitment From 6-Foot-3 Shooting Guard

Web Releasehttp://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/061217aaa.html

QUEENS, N.Y. (June 12, 2017) – The St. John’s men’s basketball program has added yet another highly-sought after prospect with the signing of incoming freshman Bryan Trimble on Monday. The 6-foot-3, Kansas City native is a top-75 shooting guard in the Class of 2017.

A consensus three-star prospect, Trimble is the No. 6 rated recruit from Missouri in this year’s class. Trimble attended Sunrise Christian Academy in Bel Aire, Kan., where he averaged 14 points and two rebounds as a senior in 2015-16 playing for head coach Luke Barnwell. One of the team’s top outside shooters, Trimble converted 45 percent of his 3-point attempts during that campaign and helped Sunrise Christian Academy to a 27-8 overall record.

“Bryan is an explosive athlete who can thrive in our program because of his relentless work ethic,” said St. John’s head coach Chris Mullin. “He is a versatile player with great character who we believe can make an immediate impact next season. We are thrilled to welcome Bryan to our basketball program.”

Trimble was a member of the Prep Team at Sunrise Christian Academy this past season under head coach Kyle Bankhead, averaging 12 points per game against a schedule that consisted mostly of junior college opponents. He starred at the 2017 National Prep School Invitational, where he was named to the All-Tournament Team. Trimble averaged a team-best 12 points per game to help lead Sunrise Christian to a pair of wins over Our Savior Lutheran and Notre Dame Prep.

“I am very excited to join the St. John’s basketball program which has great history and tradition,” said Trimble. “This is a great opportunity for me to play for Coach Mullin and on the biggest stage in New York City and at Madison Square Garden. I am extremely honored for this opportunity and will work hard everyday to make our program successful.”

Trimble competed for MoKan Elite of the Nike EYBL league on the AAU circuit. Playing alongside several high major Division I prospects, including No. 1 rated 2017 prospect Michael Porter Jr., Trimble averaged five points, two rebounds and two assists over 21 games for MoKan Elite en route to the 2016 Nike EYBL Peach Jam championship.

With the signing of Trimble, St. John’s has added four players to its roster this spring, after previously receiving commitments from top New York City prospect Sidney Wilson along with transfers Sedee Keita and Mikey Dixon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT